300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Police Department Hiring

Austin Police are looking for Police Cadets. We are conducting academies every four months to apply visit our website at www.apdrecruiting.org or call us at 512-974-4211

how many people are you looking to hire? How long does the process take for out of state post certified officers, usually?

Comment

looking to hire between 40-60 every four months. For out of state two trips to Austin within hire date and the date application is turned in with documents.

Comment

Does the dept offer a lateral program?
        It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

Laterals

At this time we do not. But we are hoping to within the next year and I will be sure to post when we do. Hey, acadamies are a great resource to brush up your skills!!!!

Comment

I was just in Austin this weekend. My wife and I really like it out there. I already have a few irons in the fire so to speak, but I've thought about turning in an application. I checked out the website and there was information that the physical standards are changing. What exactly does that mean? I thought APD was pretty tough on physical standards.

Robert

Comment

i didn't realize the pay was that well compared to other police departments around me. i live in nebraska though.

Comment

115th

I notice on your website it says the 115th cadet class starts the academy several months after the 114th. I'm looking to apply to different cities, but I wouldn't be able to move until late this year/early next year. If you fill out a pre-screen application now, do you have a choice as to which class you'd like to be considered for? I feel like it's going to be hard for me to know ahead of time when exactly I'll be ready to move to another state. I have a lease until November but I want to save up some money before I move.
                "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

Physical Standards

The talk is to do away with the bench press in cycle 115. That would just leave the sit ups, push ups and leg press. See and you thought we were going to make it tougher!!!!!

Comment

Come down from Nebraska then we are a great dept!!!!

Comment

Yes, you can choose which academy you are going for your prescreen is good for a year from the date you turn it in. We normally stop taking applications 3-4 months before the start date of the academy in order to process everyone. Hopefully that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Police View Post
                        The talk is to do away with the bench press in cycle 115. That would just leave the sit ups, push ups and leg press. See and you thought we were going to make it tougher!!!!!
                        Thanks for the information. I guess I should quit working on my upper body strength then, eh?

Comment

AUSTIN POLICE,

If an out of state certified officer challenged and passed TCLEOSE, would he or she have to do the full academy?

Comment

hey its always good to work on strength

Comment

Right now even if you pass TCLEOSE you would still need to go through the full academy but you would only have to worry about one test at the end instead of two!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3192 users online. 239 members and 2953 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X