Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to become a K-9 Handler?

Hello everybody,

i wasn't sure where to post this but it's said if you need advice a job in LE so, i'm taking the chance of posting here in the job center.

I am a 27 yo (tomorrow) IT engineer from France currently living in NY and i want to change my career. Sitting behind a desk from 9 to 6 is really not fulfilling and i definitely need something more.
    I've been thinking about becoming a K-9 handler for a while (it even haunts my evenings in bed now) but i can't because i am not a citizen yet. For the moment, i'm on a working VISA and hopeful to get a green card one day.
    So while i wait to get it, i was wondering if you guys had any advice on what to do in the meantime that could help my future career as K-9 handler. To be honest, I have no experience in dog training but i'm willing to do what's needed to get where i want, i just need pointers on where to start really.

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by NoNameDFIR; 09-10-2019, 09:31 AM.

TSA seems to hire the most for canine handlers. They give you a take home vehicle too. Just check usajobs.gov for their postings.

Comment

To be a federal employee you would need to become a US Citizen first.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Hello, thank you for your answers.

as i said, i know i would need to become a citizen first, i was asking for activities that would help me get the job once i get my citizenship, for example volunteering at a god training center? do certifications exist that i could take while i wait? etc...

Comment

You can try to join the military as a military police officer and go into MWD
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

MSA Security hires non LE dog handlers if you meet the requirements.

You ARE NOT Getting any type of LE K9 spot right off the bat. Don’t bother with TSA, you don’t meet the criteria.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4878 users online. 220 members and 4658 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X