Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any questions about BP, ICE SA or IEA?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any questions about BP, ICE SA or IEA?

    I'm in the process with all three positions so if any beginners have any questions about the application process, I'd be happy to help you with whatever I can.

    I'm waiting for an offer from BP, passed the interview for ICE SA and just took the IEA written exam...



    And if anyone knows anything about when the ATF, DEA and DSS will re-open, please let me know.

  • #2
    I have a friend who was a former DEA SA, I'll ask him about that agency if you'd like.

    Also, were you former LE? If not, I wasn't sure that you could apply for federal position right away.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Protect-N-Serve View Post
      I have a friend who was a former DEA SA, I'll ask him about that agency if you'd like.

      Also, were you former LE? If not, I wasn't sure that you could apply for federal position right away.

      I would appreciate that. I don't have any LE experience, I thought there were entry level positions with the DEA, am I mistaken?

      Comment


      • #4
        How did you apply to for the S/A position with ICE? Did you contact a recruiter?

        I'm also in the process with BP and IEA and would like to do ICE S/A however when I called a recruiter a few months back they told me they weren't hiring in my area at the time. I'm in southern california. Maybe it's time to call again.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by robbinsr View Post
          How did you apply to for the S/A position with ICE? Did you contact a recruiter?

          I'm also in the process with BP and IEA and would like to do ICE S/A however when I called a recruiter a few months back they told me they weren't hiring in my area at the time. I'm in southern california. Maybe it's time to call again.

          I called and e-mailed my local recruiting office. A couple weeks later I got a call back asking to confirm my address to send me a pin. The lady I spoke to pretty much said I was one of the last to receive a pin before they shut the opening down. I don't know for how long, there may be some openings now.

          I would call and e-mail again and if they're still not giving out new pins, ask when they will be and if there's anyway you can get notified. Im not sure exactly how it works, but maybe call a few offices and ask the same questions.

          I too am in So Cali, and I think I called back in Dec/Jan sometime.

          Comment


          • #6
            How or when do they post ICE SA positions?

            Comment


            • #7
              ICE does not post SA positions. if you check their website, the only way to find out is to contact your local ICE SAC.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by zxcvbnm View Post
                I'm in the process with all three positions so if any beginners have any questions about the application process, I'd be happy to help you with whatever I can.

                I'm waiting for an offer from BP, passed the interview for ICE SA and just took the IEA written exam...



                And if anyone knows anything about when the ATF, DEA and DSS will re-open, please let me know.
                Talked to friend, DEA is on a hiring freeze, but homeland security and secret service is open.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I just got back from some training in Quantico and word is DEA will be putting one BAT class together for the fall/winter of '07.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I noticed in your profile that your only 23 years old. What kind of experience or education did you have to get all three of those opportunities availiable to you? Thats great for you.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GDEP View Post
                      I just got back from some training in Quantico and word is DEA will be putting one BAT class together for the fall/winter of '07.

                      Funny name...TFO here.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Protect-N-Serve View Post
                        Talked to friend, DEA is on a hiring freeze, but homeland security and secret service is open.
                        Thanks for that. Did you friend have any idea about when the freeze might be off?

                        I got a couple apps in with Homeland and SS seems like too much babysitting for me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GDEP View Post
                          I just got back from some training in Quantico and word is DEA will be putting one BAT class together for the fall/winter of '07.
                          BAT?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jpoe20 View Post
                            I noticed in your profile that your only 23 years old. What kind of experience or education did you have to get all three of those opportunities availiable to you? Thats great for you.

                            I'm actually a little younger than 23, but all those positions just require a BA.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by zxcvbnm View Post
                              BAT?
                              BAT stands for Basic Agent Training. It is the 16 week training course the DEA puts all new agents through at Quantico. I had also heard that they are only having one class in the near future (budget reasons) and that they have a lengthly backlog of applicants who have completed the entire process from back in 2005.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3610 users online. 193 members and 3417 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X