Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Forest Service Special Agent Announcement (19-WO-LEI-10557420-G-MADS)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by izamsilas View Post
    Tried to PM you, shoot me a message please.
    Piko- shoot me a message

Comment

Piko, your IMs are off, I tried to send you one.

Comment

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1059996780
        An interesting read for anyone considering this posting. Granted is five years old, but these are the sorts of things that anyone who has been around more than a week on o.com see Ratatatat being salty about.

Not trying to discourage anyone, but I came across this article while researching for something completely unrelated to this job announcement (researching management stuff related to a paper), figured I'd share here.

If anyone hears about references being called, interviews set, share it if you don't mind. Shouldn't be too hard to track the movements of a relatively small announcement and applicant pool.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
          https://www.eenews.net/stories/1059996780
          An interesting read for anyone considering this posting. Granted is five years old, but these are the sorts of things that anyone who has been around more than a week on o.com see Ratatatat being salty about.

Not trying to discourage anyone, but I came across this article while researching for something completely unrelated to this job announcement (researching management stuff related to a paper), figured I'd share here.

If anyone hears about references being called, interviews set, share it if you don't mind. Shouldn't be too hard to track the movements of a relatively small announcement and applicant pool.
          A lot has changed since this article came out. Chris was a very good friend of mine and hardly a week passes that I don't think of him, but anti-reflective scopes were not the answer to that problem. I dont know a single officer across multiple NR agencies who says they need them for what we do. Would it have prevented Hale from killing Chris? Maybe. Unfortunately, many of us in this field who care take calculated risks based on what we have in front of us to get the job done out of a sense of duty. Lord knows I've taken my share. I wish Chris was still with us because he was one hell of a guy.

Jack died a few years back as well in a diving accident, but at the time he was trying to affect change in the agency as a retiree. The FS has done a 180 since and is a much better place. Upper management has had total turnover and the new regime gets high marks. Some regions are better than others. No place is perfect to work for. NR needs people who care about the land and resources and not those who just want a cool SUV, tacti-cool equipment, and are afraid of getting dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by wildstar82 View Post

A lot has changed since this article came out. Chris was a very good friend of mine and hardly a week passes that I don't think of him, but anti-reflective scopes were not the answer to that problem. I dont know a single officer across multiple NR agencies who says they need them for what we do. Would it have prevented Hale from killing Chris? Maybe. Unfortunately, many of us in this field who care take calculated risks based on what we have in front of us to get the job done out of a sense of duty. Lord knows I've taken my share. I wish Chris was still with us because he was one hell of a guy.

Jack died a few years back as well in a diving accident, but at the time he was trying to affect change in the agency as a retiree. The FS has done a 180 since and is a much better place. Upper management has had total turnover and the new regime gets high marks. Some regions are better than others. No place is perfect to work for. NR needs people who care about the land and resources and not those who just want a cool SUV, tacti-cool equipment, and are afraid of getting dirty.
            That's great to hear. My article was more towards the leadership debacles than the deaths, since it sounds like your friend was just conducting what would be considered a pretty high risk op, and solo unfortunately. I've been there done that with Border Patrol, jumping drug mules who may be armed solo at midnight with backup 30 minutes away. Sorry that you lost a partner out there. I know FS' leadership issues were pretty prevalent back in the day, so much so that I had heard about them when i was BP trying to go FS.

I believe you on the 180. The two ASACs I've spoken with in the past on things unrelated to this hiring announcement seemed like genuinely great guys, and even back then I was running questions by them about the FS SA gig. They were upfront about the issues LEI had on the investigative side, namely only a handful of SAs covering massive areas, with more cases on their plate than they could possibly handle. But you could tell the two ASACs I spoke with genuinely cared about the mission, as they were career FS folks.

honor first

Comment

Anybody ever hear anything? I know the position I applied for (like an idiot I only picked one) was filled internally two months ago. I never heard squat other than I was referred.

Comment

Originally posted by copperstate View Post
                Anybody ever hear anything? I know the position I applied for (like an idiot I only picked one) was filled internally two months ago. I never heard squat other than I was referred.
                I was told all persons selected for interviews for this announcement were FS uniform LEO, no current 1811s from elsewhere. Which is how it should be, an agency taking care of their own, but it sucks if you wanna move over there.

honor first

Comment

I am all for taking care of your own, but I disagree.

If they only wanted to hire current FS employees, they should have flown it that way. Doing what they did is not in keeping with hiring the most qualified candidate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12737 users online. 419 members and 12318 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X