Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have or know someone who has experience with Kroll?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have or know someone who has experience with Kroll?

I received an email for a phone interview for the "Contract Special Investigator Position" with Kroll. However, there were a few things I had some concerns about. If anyone could tell me their experience or that of someone they know, I'd be thankful.

1. You must give at least 20 hours a week to Kroll - Can I hold another job? and if not, how much can I expect to make a week working with Kroll?

2. If you do not work there for 180 cases or 12 months, you must reimburse them for training costs. - What happens if I am offered a position with IEA, Border Patrol, or some agency prior to 12 months being up? I can't do both, right?

Thanks for the help guys. Any input is appreciated. The job doesn't sound too tough but I don't want to get myself into something that I will regret for the next year.
    ICE 1811
    Test: 7/09
    TO: 5/24
    T&S: 6/17
    EOD: 8/16

I don't know much about Kroll. Check out CACI and USIS. They both have contract investigators. I don't know why you couldn't do two jobs. I have talked to several investigators who work for three different companies on three different contracts. You can make pretty good money as a contractor. You may need experience to work as a contractor with USIS. They are hiring full time staff and are a pretty good company from what I hear. I was wondering if it is better to be an OPM investigator or work for one of the contract companies. Any opinions would be great. Thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by xkingsyx View Post
      I received an email for a phone interview for the "Contract Special Investigator Position" with Kroll. However, there were a few things I had some concerns about. If anyone could tell me their experience or that of someone they know, I'd be thankful.

1. You must give at least 20 hours a week to Kroll - Can I hold another job? and if not, how much can I expect to make a week working with Kroll?

2. If you do not work there for 180 cases or 12 months, you must reimburse them for training costs. - What happens if I am offered a position with IEA, Border Patrol, or some agency prior to 12 months being up? I can't do both, right?

Thanks for the help guys. Any input is appreciated. The job doesn't sound too tough but I don't want to get myself into something that I will regret for the next year.
      your post a little odd to me. how did you find out about the opening at kroll? because i did a simple search of their website for investigator positions and everyone of your questions were answered.

i have no idea what your background or your status is in the other positions you mentioned, but you may want to consider learning everything you can about these positions. when you get to the interview stage, you want to be as knowledgeable as possible. Not reading the website content in reference to the job you are applying for, may be a fatal mistake.

Comment

Google should be your friend......

Kroll Government Services is seeking individuals to conduct background investigations, on a contractual basis, in support of national security for our contract with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).

Primary duties include conducting background investigations for the purpose of determining employment suitability of persons who require access to sensitive or classified U.S. Government information. Investigators will conduct face-to-face interviews with the subject, his/her neighbors, coworkers, friends and family. Investigators will also perform record searches at police agencies, courthouses, educational/financial institutions and medical/mental health facilities. Investigators then report all information obtained in a clear and concise report on a government computer system (provided).

Contract Investigators must be able to work at least 20 hours per week for Kroll, and may not hold another full-time position. The investigation territory will include work within a 100 mile radius of contractor’s home.
        Contractors are not employees of Kroll and are paid on a work-completed basis, benefits are not included. Expenses during case work such as mileage, tolls, parking etc. will be reimbursed, and a computer is provided. Contractors without current OPM experience must be willing to attend a 3 week unpaid training class (travel expenses are reimbursed).

Qualifications
        Minimum Requirements:

Bachelors Degree and/or 3 years of progressively responsible work experience. Work experience should preferably include research, analysis, investigations, interviewing, interrogation and/or report writing.
        Intermediate typing and computer skills.
        U.S. citizenship.
        Must have the ability to manage time, and work with limited supervision.
        Must have professional demeanor and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
        Due to the nature of this position, a valid driver's license and transportation are required.
        Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to successfully interact with individuals of all backgrounds.
        Current government security clearance preferred. Applicants applying without a current government security clearance will be considered after applicants with clearance. Applicants without clearance must be able to pass a thorough background investigation (10+ years credit, criminal, civil, employment and mental health/medical information).

This position is with Kroll Government Services (KGS) and is not affiliated with any other divisions of Kroll, such as Kroll Background America, or Kroll On-Track. Please do not contact any of the affiliate divisions as they do not have any knowledge or information regarding this posting. After submission, please allow approximately 30 days for contact.

http://www.kroll.com/about/employment/postings.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by rix031 View Post
          your post a little odd to me. how did you find out about the opening at kroll? because i did a simple search of their website for investigator positions and everyone of your questions were answered.

i have no idea what your background or your status is in the other positions you mentioned, but you may want to consider learning everything you can about these positions. when you get to the interview stage, you want to be as knowledgeable as possible. Not reading the website content in reference to the job you are applying for, may be a fatal mistake.
          I understand the position, but you didn't understand my questions. I was asking if I should take the job since they basically require you to be there for a year but state that you cannot hold a full-time job. Obviously, if the money isn't that great, it is not a good idea for me to take the job if they insist that I cannot hold another job. I think I'm just gonna pass on it and look for a full-time investigator position or just wait for the IEA or CBP process to complete.
          ICE 1811
          Test: 7/09
          TO: 5/24
          T&S: 6/17
          EOD: 8/16

Comment

I am a full time special investigator with USIS. Met a few Kroll employees. I know we all do the same type of work. They do get $.98 cents per mile for traveling in their personal vehicles while working. It adds up quick.

I can only speak for USIS. If USIS is hiring in your area, full time employees get a personal take home vehicle. Their new fleet consists of 2007 dodge chargers. with gas $3.00 per gallon, the unlimited gas is a nice benefit. Working as a background investigator is so so. ... hence I still want to get into law enforcement.

not much more to say about the work other than boring and lonesome.

keith

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6327 users online. 339 members and 5988 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X