300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King County Sheriff Office - Lateral Deputies, WA

Hello everyone. I am not the recruiter but am helping him out in search of potential candidates. Currently the King County Sheriff Office in Washington State, is recruiting for the position of Deputy Sheriff - Lateral. If you're not familiar with the agency, it is not like your traditional Sheriff Office that some may think of when they hear the word "Sheriff". Believe me, I said the same thing when I first heard of Sheriff Office as a potential employer. The KCSO provides contract Police services to City Governments here in King County, such as Burien, Maple Valley, Woodinville, the City of SeaTac as well as Metro Transit to name a few. We DO NOT work the jails/correctional centers. That's strictly Corrections and not anything we work directly with in terms of assignments. If you want to work the jails, you can hire on with DoC directly.

Presently there are approximately 2.2 million people living in King County with probably double that in commuters to large areas such as Seattle or SeaTac. The Sheriff's office offers Pay incentives range 1% - 16% of base rate for longevity, education incentive & premium pays based on assignment (Patrol, Detective, K-9, SWAT, Rescue Diver, etc.). Initially earn 12 days annual vacation leave. Receive 10 paid holidays, 12 sick days annually, able to accrue compensation time. 100% employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision for you and your dependents. Take-home car assigned upon completion of training (Entry) or swearing in/weapons qualification(Laterals).

Please feel to reach out to Detective Jessy Bailey, Recruiter: [email protected], or 206-263-KCSO (5276) if you'd like to get some information on the process. You can also reach out to me and ask questions about the job or area in general. I am a lateral myself and worked several agencies before coming to WA. Hope to see some new faces here soon, stay safe!

Just curious, what is it like working in a VERY liberal State and county?

Comment

Depends on how you look at it. You’re paid pretty damn good to do the tasks assigned. Sometimes it’s a challenge but overall it’s fairly straight forward and easy. Working OT in some of the liberal parts of the county isn’t bad, especially at $65/hr

Comment

I've been really thinking about applying for a lateral spot but the home prices out give me pause, don't see how it can be done.
        l love the area minus Seattle though. How difficult is it to transfer experience. I'm out of the midwest and we do not do POST certification. I've been a cop for about 7 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by ht2121 View Post
          I've been really thinking about applying for a lateral spot but the home prices out give me pause, don't see how it can be done.
          l love the area minus Seattle though. How difficult is it to transfer experience. I'm out of the midwest and we do not do POST certification. I've been a cop for about 7 years now.
          Transfer experience was very straight forward and quick for me. I understand the home price situation but I will tell you, it's possible. I live in the County, as does many other Deputies and Cops from other agencies we work with. We're paid pretty damn good here so you're not going to feel like you're stuck because of finances. Reach out via email and talk to Jessy, he'll be able to help with the POST specific stuff. But to be honest, I don't think you'll need to worry about any of that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8252 users online. 382 members and 7870 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X