300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE Aviation Jobs

Anyone know any law enforcement agencies that will actually pay for helicopter/aircraft flight training and/or desperate for pilots?

The problem is liability. Large depts with air support want a retired military guy with thousands of flight hours and training before they send them up over populated area's. I wanted to consider it myself until I started checking out the experience they want.
    Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

In addition to liability there is also the factor of serving with that agency in a non-aviation capacity (on patrol, as a field agent, etc) prior to becoming a pilot for them. I looked into this a while ago and found that it's a pretty tough specialty to obtain.
      "Let's Roll" - T. Beamer

Comment

Also, check out http://www.alea.org/

Airborne Law Enforcement Association
        Last edited by CincyCop; 05-06-2007, 07:31 AM.
        "Let's Roll" - T. Beamer

Comment

I'm sure it's a lot cheaper to teach a Warrant Officer fresh out of the Army to be a police officer then it is to teach a police officer to be a helicopter pilot.

Besides a military trained pilot will already have hundreds if not thousands of hours of practical flight experience in all types of weather and lighting conditions, as well as possible combat experience. I don't see why a police department would pay for anyone's flight training when there are military trained pilots available in the job market.
          Last edited by BlueKnight116; 05-06-2007, 07:55 AM.
          Disclaimer: The opinions I expressed here are mine and mine alone. They do not necessarily reflect the positions any other known person or organization.

Comment

Yup

Thanks everyone. Thats pretty much what I figured. There's lots of ex-military heli-pilots that need jobs and are alot more qualified than I am.

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4805 users online. 288 members and 4517 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X