X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Forest Service LEO 2019

Did anybody here apply? # 19-WO-GV-LEI-10495391-G-RB

I got an email today saying:
    1. I'm not eligible (which is incorrect)
    2: "Applicants have not been referred to the hiring manager at this time"

I called HR and they said they'd get back to me with more info. Did anyone else get the same email?

It all depends on how your resume is formatted and worded man. For example im a GS9 now working as a fed leo but i still cant get my resume through the secret service process applying as a gs7/gs9. Yet the FBI qualifies me fine for a GS10.
    Current BPA. LET ME OUT!!

Comment

I got an email saying I was not eligible for the GL9 positions, but I was referred for the GL7 positions. The same email also stated that applicants for the GL5 positions have not been referred to the hiring manager.... I don't know, I guess I'll wait and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by CDCTX158 View Post
        I got an email saying I was not eligible for the GL9 positions, but I was referred for the GL7 positions. The same email also stated that applicants for the GL5 positions have not been referred to the hiring manager.... I don't know, I guess I'll wait and see what happens.
        Congrats.

Both 5 & 7 for me say "applicants have not been referred to the hiring manager at this time" and that's only for Andalusia, Yreka, San Dimas, and Porterville. All the other 5/7 locations I applied to say I haven't been referred.

Let me know if you hear anything.

Comment

• CDCTX158
          CDCTX158 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I will. Honestly, I have never made it pass "referred." So, I'm not holding my breath, lol.

Congrats to all, I was referred for the 7 and 9 on all the locations I selected.

Comment

I bet it has to do with wording. My job is everything close or similar

Comment

I heard back from HR today. I tried applying under LMWFA eligibility; according to them this vacancy was only open to certain LMWFA eligibles.

This was the canned response I received:

"Vacancies are either open to Goverment Wide or Forest Service Wide and land management eligible applicants are eligible in different way. Goverment Wide vacancies for Land Management is only open to Career or Career Conditional employees. Where as Forest Service Wide vacancies Land Management Authority is a noncompetitive hiring authority grants individuals who have completed a qualifying conservation project the ability to apply to internal permanent merit announcements where the PLC authority was included in the AOC.

Look for Forest Service Wide vacancies"

Good luck to everybody!

Comment

Does anyone know if they have point of contacts for the areas selected if we are referred to the hiring manager? Or is it a blanket referral to HR? Thanks and good luck to all!

Comment

I realize this may be a little off topic but would anyone know if there will be a similar announcement for the general public? From what I saw on this announcement, it was only available to vets, federal employees and special authorities.

Comment

Originally posted by A300! View Post
                  I realize this may be a little off topic but would anyone know if there will be a similar announcement for the general public? From what I saw on this announcement, it was only available to vets, federal employees and special authorities.
                  I've been keeping an eye on these for the past 3 years. In that time don't remember ever seeing a FS LEO announcement that was open to everyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9728 users online. 414 members and 9314 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X