Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GJG... That would be awesome if you could do that. I am having lunch with a friend who is an Mia and I would like to be able to answer his questions. Congratulations again on getting hired.

Comment

The better question to ask would be whether or not all COE's have been issued for all locations.
      Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. -Ronald Reagan

Comment

True....that's a better idea

Comment

IS CBP HIRING FOR Marine Interdiction Agent? WHERE CAN I FIND VACANCY INFO AT?

Comment

It closed in November. Keep checking usajobs.gov and search for the position. Do you have your captains license?

Comment

Good luck finding another announcement. It is probably going to be awhile.

Comment

Tavman,
                How is your training going?

Comment

No i do have a captains license. All i know the marine base i work at MIA's come on all the time doing work. I asked one a few weeks ago about the position he told me that CBP was looking for people for the position. Also he didnt mention anything about a captains license.

Comment

Boat,
                    I am done with training. I got my VC for the 39 & 33 so life is good.

To all who are applying or who are in the process. It is changing and evolving all the time. We hear rumors all the time about things that are happening or that are going to happen. So have patience.

The captains license is not a prerequisite to get this job. It help alot to have it though. Most everyone that I have had contact with in this organization has significant marine experience before coming on the job. There is a very real possibility that a check-ride is coming. Also, we are close to topping out on the number of people we are hiring. I will be amazed if you see more than one more announcement this year. (PERSONAL OPINION!!!!)

To those who are in the process make sure you get your paper work in fast, and accurate Be honest about your abilities and experience.

If you say that you have been driving boats your whole life, and have experience handling 40' offshore power boats with throttle and transmissions... you better have that experience.

Good Luck to all. If you have any questions let me know.

Comment

• Has anyone received or know anyone who has received, a COE for Buffalo, Rochester or Erie? Tavman, you might know.
                      Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. -Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Keep your eyes pealed towards the middle of next week we should all be getting a letter if we got the job. They are sending the letters out via mail Monday.
                        GJG...did you talk to Ms w. today?
                        Last edited by boat22; 01-13-2009, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• The anticipation builds....

Comment

• Yeah, the anticipation is getting exhausting. I am doing a 5K run tomorrow to relax.

Comment

• boat22, Do you think the persons whom received email COE's were the ones getting the funded positions? Everyone else may be getting COE's but they may have to wait until funded positions become available to actually get a firm offer.

Comment

• Riv.....God only knows.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5112 users online. 300 members and 4812 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X