Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coe

Boat22,

Do you know if they conducted the telephone interviews for the Ft Lauderdale applicants then? That seems like its necessary prior to a COE, but no one has mentioned interviews here on the board and I haven't had one yet. Maybe they're just going alphabetically down the location list... Anyway, I'll post anything I hear.

Andrew

Comment

The guy in Lauderdale was already an officer with customs as an OFO. I do not know if he had a phone interview.
      I just hope I get the call soon.
      Last edited by boat22; 01-05-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Hey All.

I also got an email today from Lindsay Wild with a COE for the Port Huron, MI location. I plan on calling Ms. Wild tomorrow and will post any new info I get. Also, I thought it was interesting that I received a COE without being interviewed, so if you haven't heard anything don't worry too much.

Andrew

Comment

Great that you guys are getting the letters. I will never be able to get to sleep. Really though congratulations, that's awesome news. Has anyone in Florida heard yet?

Comment

Does anyone know what announcement these letters(coe) are coming from.
            The first time I applied 195371 I wasnt referrred the second time I applied 214464 I was. Also what grade were you guys referred as? I believe I was only referred as a gs-7. I dont have a capt.lic. My locations selected were for Fl. Under the newer announcement you could only pick 3 spots.
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GJG7229
              Ten four. I have communicated with Lindsey Wild via email and telephone. She is very helpful. The announcement I got the offer for was for number 214464. I was picked up at a 7, step 10 pay since I don't have a capt. license.
              Ok good news ! Someone was picked up without the capt. lic.
              I still have a shot, If I dont hear anything for FL in a day or two I guess I am out. Fingers crossed ! It normally only takes 1-2 days to send out all the COE'S. What day did u guys get yours?

Comment

Anyone else heard anything yet? Those of you who have heard, did they send you an official letter as well? Also, are those of you who were hired already cbp officers?

Comment

Ok, so it seems like everyone who has gotten a COE so far is a CBP employee already. Anyone gotten a COE who isn't a DHS or CBP officer now?

Comment

Talked with MHC in Snelling again...the word from them is that the COE's will be mailed out on Monday to everyone. If we didn't make the list, I was told we would get an email next week. This information is 100% straight from the horse's mouth. At least now the rest of us (non-CBP employees) can relax and enjoy the weekend. Congratulations to all of you who have heard and Thanks again for posting all the information that you have. This information is really helpful and encouraging.

Comment

Does that mean that all COE's for CBP employees have already gone out? Has anyone received a COE for Buffalo, Rochester, or Erie? Just curious why some received COE's by email, and others will get it by mail.
                      Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Riv325...I am not sure why there are differences. What I can infer is that everyone who has received a coe by now is a cbp or dhs employee. Perhaps these were individuals who had email accounts that end with...gov. If a job offer was tendered to an individual with a yahoo or hotmail account and it was stopped by the spam filter....that would probably create some legal hassle for the hiring officials. By mailing the letter via snail mail, the agency is probably ensuring that the right people get the right message. The preceding is just speculation, but hopefully logical at least.

Comment

Actually, that makes perfect sense. I should have my head examined for not having used my dhs email. Your not the first person I heard present this theory, and your right, MHC would have to ensure an official notification like a COE would be received by the applicants. Guess I'll just have to wait for the snail mail.
                          Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Riv325 View Post
                            Actually, that makes perfect sense. I should have my head examined for not having used my dhs email. Your not the first person I heard present this theory, and your right, MHC would have to ensure an official notification like a COE would be received by the applicants. Guess I'll just have to wait for the snail mail.
                            I work for CBP and I use application manager with my hotmail account. I have received COE'S with the hotmail account before. After you get a email CBP will then send a hard copy to you via mail. I think if you havent or dont get an email you wont get the job.
                            I wish this wasn't the case because I didnt get an email for this job yet even though I was referred. All emails are coming from HQ so it should be done the same way for everyone.

I hope I am wrong but I dont think so. The other thing could be they are staggering the COE's due to limited FLETC A/M classes.

Comment

CTRT....I sure hope that there is a chance. Otherwise its back to the military for ocs.

Comment

I know this is a lot to ask....could someone please ask Ms w. if all the coe's have been offered to all personnel?
                                Last edited by boat22; 01-13-2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4885 users online. 295 members and 4590 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X