Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also in the hiring process. This is my third time trying for this position and I finally received the certificate to be referred. Besides the basics do anyone know what else the interview may involve.
    Miami by way of Chicago
    Test 8/4/08
    TO 11/13/08
    Drug Test 11/13/08
    VBT 12/11/08
    Physical 12/16/08
    Qual 1/10/09
    Met BI 1/5/09
    BI cleared 2/19/09
    TSU 2/20/09

Comment

The Process

Herod and Trapp,

I'm at the same stage you two are at- applied and received the NOR and email stating that I had been referred to the selecting official. From the little bit I've learned about the process it sounds like we are in the midst of a big waiting game. One of the guys on this board told me that from application to start date for MIA it took him about 7 months. The next step for any of us is whether or not we are selected for phone interviews; they used to be conducted by a supervisor at the particular office you applied for, but I am not sure if that is still the case. They might all be done by someone in Washington now... In any case, if they still like you after the phone interview then a background check is conducted and if you make it through all that then a Conditional Offer of Employment is extended. There are still several hoops to go through even after a COE is extended, but that seems like the basic process. I'll let you know through this board if I have any updates on my process or hear anything new.. please do the same if you're so inclined.

Good luck!
      Andrew

Comment

Thanks Coastie! Will do!

Comment

I know it says in the Certificate that an interview can take between 30 and 90 days. Ugh.

Comment

Just got word from MHC saying that they will call and not email.

Comment

Got a call from a gentleman stating he was about to finish up my BG. Received my NOR on May 22nd, so be advised that it can take some time, depending on your history. And yes, CG background has absolutely "NO BEARING" on the CBP BG. From what I see now, CBP BG is much more thorough than a CG Secret. Interesting news about calls and no emails, as that's all I have received through out this process except for the 3 calls from MHC. Best of luck to you all and happy hunting. Tav, give me a call.

Comment

More Info

Coastie98,

Thanks for the amplifying info... I'm sure everyone's on the edge of their seats just like I am and little tidbits like that help a lot. Good luck with getting your COE soon... let us know how that goes for ya.

Andrew

Comment

I am done with the entire process and am just waiting on the call. I applied back in March/April. I have done all the steps in the process. No idea when that may be though. I've been told it could be anywheree from next week to 4 months from now. And as far as having the prior DHS clearance, it doesn't matter if you currently work for DHS or not, they will still do their own.
                  "He pulls a knife you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way and that's how you get Capone. Now......What are you prepared to do?"
                  -Malone-

Comment

I received the MHC e-mail stating that my info has been sent to the selecting official. I am a current CBP Officer and my supervisor got a call a week ago asking for a reference. I will wait and see how far I can go. I know that it is very difficult to get picked up by these guys. Does anyone know how difficult or easy their training is?

Comment

CBPJRAM,

It sounds like we're all at nearly the same stage right now... I wonder if any of my references have been called. Anyway, from the little I've heard it sounds like the training is pretty hardcore even for people who have a lot of experience on the water, so be ready for that. Good luck, and thanks for the update on your process.

Andrew

Comment

CBPJRAM, Did you apply under the Open-Public Announcement or the Status-Candidate Announcement or both?
                        Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. -Ronald Reagan

Comment

New to the board...thanks for all the good information.

I talked with the people in MHC in FT Snelling, there were 1400 applicants for 140 positions that CBP is hiring for the last announcement.

There were 400 people who got their names forwarded to the hiring office.

40 out of the 400 had a captains license. Those people were qualified for the GS-9 and were put on a seperate list from those who were in for the GS-7.

I have a few questions for Tavman and some of the others who were hired in September...how long is the school at FLETC?

Comment

Riv325, I believe it was the status candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by boat22 View Post
                              New to the board...thanks for all the good information.

I talked with the people in MHC in FT Snelling, there were 1400 applicants for 140 positions that CBP is hiring for the last announcement.

There were 400 people who got their names forwarded to the hiring office.

40 out of the 400 had a captains license. Those people were qualified for the GS-9 and were put on a seperate list from those who were in for the GS-7.

I have a few questions for Tavman and some of the others who were hired in September...how long is the school at FLETC?
                              Hello,
                              Man you got a lot of good information,thanks for posting it.
                              I applied for both open and the status announcement.
                              I was referred for both.This is a hard posistion to get,I am a current CBP officer and I was advised by an A/M Manager that former Navy and Coast Guard members have a edge. That makes sense and they served so good for them. I just think it would be an awsome job so I have my fingers crossed.
                              I didnt like only being able to select 3 locations to go to. If you picked a remote location you probably have a good shot.

Comment

The positions in fort Lauderdale, fl have been released. The individual received a Coe via email from the hiring office.
                                I was surprised they got an email because the nor and the selection emails both said that Coe's would be over the phone....let's all keep our fingers crossed and computers close.

If anyone else hears any good information please let the rest of us know.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4826 users online. 285 members and 4541 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X