Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting this job is hard no matter what. These guys are no joke in any form, and if you think you are a great boat handler/coxswain... YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET!!

Comment

Posting questions

Hey all,
      I am in the process of applying for the current posting. I have heard through a number of people that CG coxswain/BO's qualify to apply at the GS-11 level, but the posting states that you must possess an OUPV in order to apply to the 9 or 11 levels. Any clue if the cxn cert is equivalent to or better than OUPV, and if so can I mark "Yes" to that question on the questionnaire?
      Any info from you guys who have made it through the application process and into the job would be great. Good luck to everyone else applying... if there's anyone else here listening I'll keep the board updated on how things progress for me as I find things out. Application period closes November 24th... only a few days left!
      Andrew

Comment

andrew,
        you do not qualify any higher than GS7 without a license. Sorry.

active MIA
        Last edited by tavman; 11-19-2008, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Did anyone here apply under the last announcement for MIA? Got my referral notices and noticed something different. Although I only put in for three duty locations, all locations were presented on the notification. So I called MHC. Turns out they're not sending the selection lists directly to the duty locations anymore for further consideration. This time around there's only one certificate being issued for all locations and that one is going to D.C. now for selection. I'm not sure if this is good or bad.
          Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. -Ronald Reagan

Comment

i did apply but like a dumb a** i didn't read the posting correct and never sent the resume. so i got a letter stating that i was DQ'ed becuase of it. i guess i'll have to wait till next time. hopefully there is a next time.

Comment

Originally posted by tavman View Post
              getting this job is hard no matter what. These guys are no joke in any form, and if you think you are a great boat handler/coxswain... YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET!!
              Hey Tavman, how are you doing? I just have a few questions about the Marine Interdiction Agent job. I just received an email saying that my name has been referred to the selecting official. Now what should I expect from this? It also states that I might get a call for a interview. Please if you could guide me in this I will trully appreciate you.
              Thank you for your time.

Comment

If I can help

I am a 6 year Border Patrol Agent and ex-COASTIE. I will EOD with the south texas marine unit in Feb. I was hired as part of the Sep 28 group but had to wait due to new academy regulations. YES! everyone will have to attent the academy. I will try to answer any questions that I can.

Comment

Nor

Yea, I got the same thing. I only applied for the locations in Michigan, but all were listed on my NOR. Sounds like it could be a month or two until we hear anything further, but I'll post on here if/when I hear anything else. Good luck all who made it this far!
                  Andrew

Comment

Re: selecting Officials

Hey everyone, If you recieved a email saying you have been sent to the selecting official congrats. To the best of my knowledge they (selecting officials in DC) made there selections by the end of last week. I was told today that you should be getting phone calls soon (if you where picked by the selecting officials). The big issue is going to be the background checks. From what I understand, your background getting finished quickly can make the difference of you getting the job or the guy sitting next to you. The why I was told they might call 15 people in for interviews but only need to hire 11(at present time). The first 11 with their background complete win. Hope this helps some.

swillaims18 are you going to FLETC in March??

Comment

Hey K9 Guy,

I got the email saying that I was referred to the selecting official, and from that list of everyone who got selected is where they pull to do interviews, correct? Also, I am current CG reserve and former active duty with a final secret security clearance- will that help speed along any background check? Thanks for the insight.

Andrew

Comment

Thats what I am being told. By the way, be ready for a lot of training. Mia's go to a lot of schools after the academy. I was also told that there is currently about 150 mia nation wide and the cut off will be around 200, so if you get the call, dont turn it down it may not come again for a long time.

Comment

Hey Coastie, the selecting officials picked from the list that the hiring center sent them. just because you where sent to the selecting official does not mean they selected you. As far as the background check goes, that is hard to say. There is supposed to be no duplication of background checks done within DHS, they came out with that because what a waste of money it was,,, but I am hearing that it still happens. I would assume that already having one would spead things up, but I think we all know better than to assume anything especially with the Gov.

Comment

Selection

K9,

Is there a separate email for being selected vice simply being on the list that is forwarded to the selecting official? All I have gotten thus far is the initial NOR and them the email stating that I was referred- does that mean that I am out of luck for this hiring period? Thanks again for the help.

Andrew

Comment

Even if you have (or had) a clearance with the CG they still do the whole thing over. The one for MIA is a little bit more in-depth. If you have a copy of your old SF-86 grab it and make sure the info is up to date. This will assist when/if you are selected and have to complete it online.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                I'm new here on the board. I recieved my NOR's and then another letter saying my name was forwarded to the selecting officer. What is the next step after this process? A phone call? Another email? Anyw help would be appriciated. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4730 users online. 274 members and 4456 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X