Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On July 22, I received my NOR with score of 98 with no vet points because (I'm guessing) I'm still active duty Coast Guard. I received 9 messages saying my name was being referred to 9 different places. I hope at least one of them calls, but as of yet, nothing. I have heard as SD5326 mentioned, it "could" be as soon as 1 month, but also been told that it could take several months to hear anything. I have my fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Patience Coastie98..... Patience. It will be awhile from what I heard. Also, if this is who I think it is give me a call on the either of my cells. Hope all is well with the wife and kiddies

Comment

My BI was finished up a few weeks ago. From what I was told a call could come anywhere from next week to early next year. In short, I have to sit on my hands until a call comes. I'm not sure about the most recent announcement.
        Last edited by SD5326; 09-04-2008, 03:02 PM.
        "He pulls a knife you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way and that's how you get Capone. Now......What are you prepared to do?"
        -Malone-

Comment

Hi to everyone:

I am interested in this job.

I am going to give a short backround of myself.

I have a bachelors degree in Marine Transportation, went to a Maritime Academy, also at the moment I hold a Thirds Mate Unlimited tonnage license, I have worked as a third mate on ships and I am one semester away from finishing Law School.

I have a couple of college hours in Criminal justice(+20) and I have been taking Maritime Law courses at Law School. Fluent in Spanish.

Experience on tug boats, and pleasure boats. Also was active in college with the old 44's Coast Guard boats ( Maintenance, handling training and part of the crew, all civilian).

I have seen that the position for MIA is very competitive and almost everyone is prior CG or is already in the federal system, I just wanted to get a feedback if I have real opportunities for that job.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexmark View Post
            Hi to everyone:

I am interested in this job.

I am going to give a short backround of myself.

I have a bachelors degree in Marine Transportation, went to a Maritime Academy, also at the moment I hold a Thirds Mate Unlimited tonnage license, I have worked as a third mate on ships and I am one semester away from finishing Law School.

I have a couple of college hours in Criminal justice(+20) and I have been taking Maritime Law courses at Law School. Fluent in Spanish.

Experience on tug boats, and pleasure boats. Also was active in college with the old 44's Coast Guard boats ( Maintenance, handling training and part of the crew, all civilian).

I have seen that the position for MIA is very competitive and almost everyone is prior CG or is already in the federal system, I just wanted to get a feedback if I have real opportunities for that job.
            your captain's license makes you as qualified as anyone as far as skills are concerned.

Comment

Well its not a Captains License per se.

I can work as an Ofiicer on deck on any type of ship, in charge of the navigational watch.

I dont have any restrictions for inland or oceanwide routes.

Comment

Any one get any Offers yet?

Comment

Hey guys, I just got my offer yesterday. For my preffered location, Upstate NY. I am currently a CBP Officer (K9), ex coastie, And Sherriffs deputy (Marine). I am taking a small cut in pay but I think it is all worth it.

Comment

When do you start?
                    "He pulls a knife you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way and that's how you get Capone. Now......What are you prepared to do?"
                    -Malone-

Comment

Originally posted by Coastie98 View Post
                      Any one get any Offers yet?
                      no word yet for miami/key largo.

Comment

I got my COE on 9/16/08. Does anyone know when I could get an EOD date? Did anyone else get picked up?

Comment

By the way, my offer was for Port Angeles,Wa. Anyone else get an offer for PA?

Comment

Port Angeles here as well. In Philly now.. I was really hoping for Erie or Rochester, but Port Angeles is good too.
                            Last edited by Coastie98; 09-21-2008, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I assume you're either currently in the CG or were previously. I was in from 99-03 and am currently USBP since 05. Have you heard anything yet?

Comment

It looks like my EOD date is Oct 12th.. Hey Coastie98, Where are you in Philly? I live about a block from the Station on Delaware & Washington. I know a guy (He's USBP) that got the job in Erie same day I got Rochester. Maybe grab a beer at For Petes Sake sometime? Congrats to everyone....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4837 users online. 292 members and 4545 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X