Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations all. It is sure a relief to have all that stuff mailed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by GJG7229 View Post
      Just to keep you guys posted, I was just notified that the June academy class is full, so the next available class won't be until July.
      Does that mean that July is going to be the earliest you can go to the academy Gus? Any possibility on going to any of the other schooling before or are you just going to tag along for a couple of months.

Comment

• Originally posted by cicjqpp View Post
        Does that mean that July is going to be the earliest you can go to the academy Gus? Any possibility on going to any of the other schooling before or are you just going to tag along for a couple of months.
        I was contacted by MHC this morning. They actually gave me the option of pushing back my EOD. I pushed my EOD back to July 5th. I was originally told that I'd start earning AUO starting on my EOD. That was incorrect. I will not be earning AUO until after I graduate from the academy. Since I'm a GS-12, I didn't want to earn the bare minimum 7, step 10 pay from Feb. 15th until then. I decided to stay as a CBP Supervisor until I get a definite academy slot then EOD right before that.

Comment

• I went out fishing on Wed. and passed by the MIA's office in Brownsville/Port Isabel. They were out and about that day it seemed that they were really busy. I saw there boat come in and out of the jetties about two times. You guys that got picke up for Brownsville are going to have your hands full. It looks like you are going to be part of a great team.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPJRAM View Post
            I went out fishing on Wed. and passed by the MIA's office in Brownsville/Port Isabel. They were out and about that day it seemed that they were really busy. I saw there boat come in and out of the jetties about two times. You guys that got picke up for Brownsville are going to have your hands full. It looks like you are going to be part of a great team.
            Hey thanks for the imput CBPJRAM. It must be nice to go out fishing and have temps in the 70's. I'm up in Halifax Canada on TDY and let me tell you its cold up here. I think highs up here today is about 0. Can't wait to get down there.

Comment

• For those of you who were picked up under the Open/Public announcement; I've noticed that I am now in the CASS system linked through the cbp.gov website and my progress has been updated. Just an FYI in case anyone is wondering how they can obtain status updates without calling MHC.
              Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. -Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Drug test completed in Oct., Physical completed in Nov., BI sill pending. Any 1 else in the same shoes? Every one else going to location I was selected for already received EOD's, as far as I know, except me. Trying not to get disheartened here...

Comment

• Coastie98
                  When did you apply?

Comment

• June 08. BI started first week of December. Received COE mid September.

Comment

• Coastie,
                      I am sure they are just swamped with other bi's right now. I am sure the hiring on the last announcement as well as the current one has the people in mhc hopping. Keep us all up to date and we will do the same. I bet they are getting better at going through the paperwork up there. I received my coe within 6 weeks of being applying while yours took almost 3 months. Keep your head up, they are getting better everyday. How was the medical or physical exam they gave you? Was it a local doctor or what?

Comment

• Hey boat, do you have to go throught the full BI?
                        Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. -Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPJRAM View Post
                          I went out fishing on Wed. and passed by the MIA's office in Brownsville/Port Isabel. They were out and about that day it seemed that they were really busy. I saw there boat come in and out of the jetties about two times. You guys that got picke up for Brownsville are going to have your hands full. It looks like you are going to be part of a great team.
                          That is a great bunch of guys down there. They stay busy and have a good operational area!
                          I swear to God im going to pistol whip the next guy who says "Shenanigans" .......

Comment

• I agree with thecoastie, I know a lot of those guys down there from when I was stationed on S. Padre Island. Op tempo is awsome. (Envy) hehe, good luck down there!!!
                            Last edited by Coastie98; 01-19-2009, 04:02 AM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

• I have been reading these threads for almost a year now and thought that they (along with Delphi and 911 jobs) have been a great source of information for the most part. I finally decided to post.

I am a current Fed (Border Patrol) and recently received a COE for the Marine Interdiction Agent position. The COE did not list the specific geographic location for the job, but I assume it is for one of the three locations I chose when applying.

I have many friends and former co-workers who currently work for A&M as MIAs and AIAs and took the opportunity to call them up and do some research. I specifically asked them questions regarding daily operations, future plans for the agency, and dealing with the new changes (CS to CBP, MEO to MIA, etc.). Without getting into specifics I was given positive answers for all of my questions and was left with a good impression. The one thing I really liked about A&M was the high caliber of agents. A&M mostly hires folks that have something to bring to the table (prior LE, military, or marine experience). There is only a small number of MIAs in the country, which makes for an extremely selective group.

I will post more updates as I receive them. Now I will weigh the pros and cons of possibly moving and switching careers. Congrats the other members which have also received a COE.

SR

Comment

• Originally posted by Coastie98 View Post
                                I agree with thecoastie, I know a lot of those guys down there from when I was stationed on S. Padre Island. Op tempo is awsome. (Envy) hehe, good luck down there!!!
                                It is great to hear that the work environment is good down there. I can't wait to get started. What's your opinion of the area as far as a place to live and things to do with a family? Just trying to get a basic idea of the place being that I have never been there before.

Thanks and good luck to you guys.
                                Andy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4803 users online. 285 members and 4518 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X