300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine Interdiction Agent

I'm a current CBP employee and I recently put in for this position in San Diego. Has anyone heard anything about it? If so any info would be appreciated.

There seems to be alot of chatter about that position over on 911jobforums.com

From what I can gather, you've gotta get struck by lightning to get in as an MIA Sounds like fun, though and definitely worth a try.
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
    -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    -- Hemingway

Comment

Any idea when CBP will be hiring more MIA's?

Comment

I am currently in the hiring process(just waiting for my BI to finish). I applied for all of the positions listed and received a conditional for the Buffalo, NY office. The process has been pretty fast so far. I applied in September, telephone interview in Oct, COE December, Medical Jan, BI Interview Jan, all of my contacts had interviews last week or are scheduled for this week.

I also heard there may be another annoucement in April.

Comment

April, for the MIA, nice. I applied last year, got 101 and the cut was 106. Any ideas how to up that score. I am currenly USCG and have 7 years in. But not likeing where things are going. I am getting my masters degree and at some point getting my captains license. What can help me get a MIA job.

Comment

USCG I cant really tell you. I am still on active duty with the CG also, 13yrs. I have about 14 coxswain letters, HX & Lvl 2, BO.....
            I don't know about the score thing. I have been told by a couple people that they scored 101, 104... I was only scored as a 96, and I am in the hiring process with a hopeful spring academy.

Comment

Tavman-
              Thanks, your giving up 13 years. wow. When i get out I will have 12 years in the guard. I have only 5 coxswain letters, tac cox on the 25 and also BO(hl). I think the score is a hit or miss on who and how many apply. Do they accept the years of CG service torwards anything? I wish i did it all over but I could t pass up the 2.5 SRB

Are you by any chance a surfman?

Thanks

Comment

I received my final offer and will be heading to NY the end of March. When I get there I will post any additional info I learn.

Comment

what is the series for the MIA position. I met some of these guys/girls @ FLETC, seems like agreat job .

Comment

Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
                    what is the series for the MIA position. I met some of these guys/girls @ FLETC, seems like agreat job .
                    It's either 1801 or 1883. I can't recall.
                    George: What kind of a person are you?
                    Jerry: I think I'm pretty much like you, only successful.

Comment

The job series is 1801

Comment

Hello Everyone just recently received an email stating that i have been selected for this position and my name was referred to the selecting official. Does anyone knows how long is the Academy and whats included? Thanks All!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fletc05 View Post
                          Hello Everyone just recently received an email stating that i have been selected for this position and my name was referred to the selecting official. Does anyone knows how long is the Academy and whats included? Thanks All!!!
                          That is only part of the process. You'll still need to be interviewed by the selecting official and then you'll get documents for your BI in your mail. Then your papers will be forwarded to WA for final consideration and job offer.

Good luck!

Comment

anybody hear anything yet from the july announcement?

Comment

I imagine you should be hearing something shortly as there is usually a month or less from the time you receive the BQL to the interview. I'm in the final stages of the BI right now for the April/May announcement. I have no idea of any upcoming academy dates though. Maybe someone else knows.
                              "He pulls a knife you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way and that's how you get Capone. Now......What are you prepared to do?"
                              -Malone-

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7893 users online. 279 members and 7614 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X