300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF SABT - Experiences?

Hi, everyone. Like many people, I'm interested in applying to be a Special Agent with ATF. I've already been to FLETC CITP, so I have a bit of an idea of what to expect with that and will likely be exempted from having to go again. But, for those of you who have been through SABT within the past few years, what was your experience like?

I don't recall seeing many SABT classes around campus, so I'm wondering--how physically demanding is the academy? I've got no concerns with passing their standard PT test, but absolutely LOATHE running. No matter what shape I'm in, running is just awful for me and I only do it to maintain a half-decent 1.5 mi time.

Please share stories, and let me know if you've attended other academies (FBI, USMS, USSS, etc.), and how it compares. It seems like some academies are paramilitary, while others are totally chill. Thanks!

Got a buddy doing ICE ERO academy and he always says the ATF are always blowing **** up. You can hear literal explosions. And the only ones marching around doing paramilitary crap at Glyncoe is Customs.
    Current BPA. LET ME OUT!!

Comment

• FutureFed1988
      FutureFed1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah, CBP definitely still marches. And pushes their way onto the shuttles. And commandeers the fire pit every weekend.

No hating, but man... they make some of the other agencies afraid haha

Originally posted by FutureFed1988 View Post
    Hi, everyone. Like many people, I'm interested in applying to be a Special Agent with ATF. I've already been to FLETC CITP, so I have a bit of an idea of what to expect with that and will likely be exempted from having to go again. But, for those of you who have been through SABT within the past few years, what was your experience like?

I don't recall seeing many SABT classes around campus, so I'm wondering--how physically demanding is the academy? I've got no concerns with passing their standard PT test, but absolutely LOATHE running. No matter what shape I'm in, running is just awful for me and I only do it to maintain a half-decent 1.5 mi time.

Please share stories, and let me know if you've attended other academies (FBI, USMS, USSS, etc.), and how it compares. It seems like some academies are paramilitary, while others are totally chill. Thanks!
    Saw them around while I was going through CITP. They had mandatory PT in the mornings that was CrossFit based, I only saw them outside doing a slow run once or twice? They were pretty relaxed going to and from places as well.
    God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9529 users online. 373 members and 9156 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X