300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 2019 Deputy Marshal Northeast Information Seminars

Hello all, know the Marshals are holding some information seminars in Philly, Scranton and Delaware over the next week. Making this thread to share any info obtained from seminars because I like so many others may be out of the area for work. Look forward to hearing from y'all about what was shared

Theres also ones in NJ and NY, which I'm attending.

Comment

• Njw85
      Njw85 commented
      Editing a comment
      You guys should post on the 2019 Schedule B thread. That’s were we’ve been keeping track of all Schedule B applicants. If you all have questions just post them on there.

Not a bad idea for the NY and NJ guys to stay in contact. I am going to the NJ Information session if anyone wants to private message!

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I was because it's closer but my contacts are at NYC so I figured it was smart to just stay there. Good luck!

When is the philadelphia info session?

Comment

• matt_laut
      matt_laut commented
      Editing a comment
      They had one yesterday and Friday I believe they're also holding one Friday in Wilmington, DE and one May 22nd in Scranton, PA. Of course I am in Arkansas for work during all these info sessions : (

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Matt - I attended an info session in Dec of 2018 in Wash. DC. Since then, I have not received any correspondence from the USMS. I am not sure if my paperwork was misplaced or I was flat out not selected. Bachelor degree from PSU, 2 years professional full time cyber security experience, GS-7.

Hey all! Going to the info session soon to start the process! Good luck to everyone! Keep us updated!

Comment

Went Saturday. Got some good info. Took a questionnaire when I was there then told whoever is qualified will get emails for an interview. Then an invite via USAJOBS to do an online assessment. Really pumped to start this process.

Comment

• matt_laut
        matt_laut commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you see or hear any info about when another seminar may be being held?

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        On the flyer it said this Wednesday for my location for another session. Other locations were all different dates in may. I know you have to RSVP as they only take so many people per session.

• matt_laut
        matt_laut commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in Arkansas for work until end of June so hopefully there are some held towards the end of the summer.

Went to the info session, excited to pursue this career!

Comment

• matt_laut
        matt_laut commented
        Editing a comment
        What did the info session entail?

matt_laut video about the marshals and training, some war stories from the deputies, the hiring process, pay/benefits, all districts are short people. I would assume the hiring process will speed up since they are in such need for people.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Same for me. We finished it out with a questionnaire which I felt confident about. HQ reviews those and sends out emails to schedule the interview. How do you feel about the questionnaire army101?

• matt_laut
        matt_laut commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully they speed up and hold these in more frequency I'm bummed I was/am out of the area until the end of June and missed all the info sessions.

Anyone hear anything about interviews anytime soon?

Comment

There is a schedule b thread if ya’ll are looking for any info on the process. A bunch of guys in the thread have been through the process multiple times from what i can tell and have a lot of info and advice!

Info session: Dec 2018
        ***gov shutdown***
        Interview: (beginning) April 2019
        App. & Assessment: (end) April 2019
        Referred to Hiring Manager: May 2019
        Last edited by Tx21; 05-29-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Has anyone from the Eastern NY information session heard anything ?

Comment

There is an excepted service thread already. Covers all the questions that are asked over and over

Comment

• delossantos
              delossantos commented
              Editing a comment
              So schedule b and excepted service are the same thing ? Because that’s the thread I looked through. Nothing about the NE.

• FNG41YR
              FNG41YR commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup. They started doing it in the SWB border first.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7247 users online. 367 members and 6880 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X