Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is the informational meeting? Trying to make travel plans accordingly. Thanks.

Comment

• The session I attendees lasted around two hours.

Comment

• Bentley32
        Bentley32 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow thats a lot longer than I thought. Was it mainly just a presentation?

• Smilingsmokey
        Smilingsmokey commented
        Editing a comment
        A small overview of the application and hiring process then the recruiter reviewed individual resumes one at a time.Fwiw I attended over a year ago and haven’t heard anything since.

• Bentley32
        Bentley32 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well that makes me not want to risk going tbh. Thanks for the response. How many people were there? They said they are having a limited number of spots now.

• Smilingsmokey
        Smilingsmokey commented
        Editing a comment
        There were around 10 total

• How do you find out when info sessions are being held?

Comment

• Bentley32
        Bentley32 commented
        Editing a comment
        I sent my resume into a recruiter and she had contacted me about it

• DetroitStyle2
        DetroitStyle2 commented
        Editing a comment
        When you email or call the recruiter, I would recommend selling yourself. Don’t just tell them that you’re interested, but tell them why you’re interested and how your experience would be a good fit for the position. This should increase your chances of being referred.

• jberry811
        jberry811 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you guys use the generic field office emails they show on the recruiter listings or did you have a direct contact?

• DetroitStyle2
        DetroitStyle2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I used the generic number listed for my field division. The recruiter didn’t pick up but left his specific email info on the message recorder.

• Question for anyone in the forum.
      Passed the ATF exam in March 2018 and was advised results are valid for 3 years. I will be applying for the next hiring wave this fall. Will my exam results be locked in once I apply or will they expire during the process, once March 2021 arrives? thanks

Comment

• Has anyone had any luck making contact with the DC field office recruiter? They are my closest office but I haven't been able to reach anyone by email or by phone.

Comment

• qsheroz01
          qsheroz01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Evening.

Send me a PM and I’ll pass along the information that helped me get in contact with someone.

• jberry811
          jberry811 commented
          Editing a comment
          qsheroz01 I couldn't send you a PM, the site says you aren't accepting them. Try sending me one.
          Last edited by jberry811; 08-04-2020, 02:06 PM.

• Curious if anyone has heard about a fall announcement and an estimated date?

Comment

• qsheroz01
          qsheroz01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Evening.

I just got word from a recruiter that the next announcement will be coming out in September. He did not specify a date, but stated that candidates that are going to be eligible to apply will be notified on Sept 1st. I don’t know how it works for other FO’s, but they will be going through all the resumes at WFD, and only those who are picked (15 slots) will be given further information about applying.

Furthermore, he stated that this might be the final Schedule B announcement for this year.

Obviously, the announcements are contingent upon budget allocations, but that’s the information I received thus far.

• DetroitStyle2
          DetroitStyle2 commented
          Editing a comment
          qsheroz01 nice info. Do you happen to know if the September applicants will be grouped with the prior June applicants for the written exam? Haven’t heard anything after applying in June and want to make sure I’m not out of town for the exam dates.

• qsheroz01
          qsheroz01 commented
          Editing a comment
          DetroitStyle2

From my understanding and based off of what was included in the email, the resumes of previous applicants who were not selected in the prior announcements will be grouped with the new resumes that were received since said announcement. I hope that answers your question.

Also, one thing I forgot to mention was that due to Covid-19, WFD will not be holding in-person information sessions. Instead, all pertinent information will be passed along via email. As mentioned before, I don't know how it is for other offices.

• Anyone recently take the test and can shed some insight on how many questions each section is and what the math portion of the test is like? Appreciate the insight and help

Comment

• Shadowtrain
          Shadowtrain commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't recall the amount.
          Math is pretty straight forward. You'll get a study guide from the recruiting unit, but I do recommend you brush up on math. I used the Special Agent Exam guide and an ASVAB study guide to work on my math and comprehension stuff.

• Dk2
          Dk2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you know when they will send out a study guide for the test? I’ve been studying the masters the special agent exam book. I’m just trying to get multiple different resources to go over so I’m feeling confident.

• Just got an invite to pre-screen interview/informational session in Florida. Check your emails if you've been staying in contact with the recruiters.

Comment

• Frank020387
          Frank020387 commented
          Editing a comment
          Was the Information Session done via phone conference? Was it just you and the recruiter talking?

• Grey De Leon
          Grey De Leon commented
          Editing a comment
          @ Frank020387 it was all done via phone, was only 6-7 people on the line. Seems they a breaking the hiring pool down to what month you got an invite to the info session. Was told we'd know by the end of the month if our resume was moving forward to get the direct link to apply and schedule the test. Also some interesting news on background check and ATF hiring push.

• Has anyone that submitted there application in June been referred for testing yet?

Comment

• DetroitStyle2
          DetroitStyle2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. Unfortunately

• OCN_1
          OCN_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same. Still waiting on testing date from the June announcement.

• Dk2
          Dk2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I received an email saying I’ll be notified for the next testing segment coming up soon. The email is suppose to be sent out the week of August 24th

• I was told that June applicants will start the process come September so im assuming those of you who were refered will test in September.

Comment

• June applicants- check your emails. Just received testing information

Comment

• OCN_1
            OCN_1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just saw it. Guess we have to wait a little more before we get an actual date

• I received my email for equip. Who else is at this stage with me?

Comment

• Watex
            Watex commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you taken the PFT yet?

• kmstanton
            kmstanton commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. My PFT was done back in October.

• Originally posted by Grey De Leon View Post
          @ Frank020387 it was all done via phone, was only 6-7 people on the line. Seems they a breaking the hiring pool down to what month you got an invite to the info session. Was told we'd know by the end of the month if our resume was moving forward to get the direct link to apply and schedule the test. Also some interesting news on background check and ATF hiring push.
          What was the interesting news about background and hiring push?

Comment

• Grey De Leon
            Grey De Leon commented
            Editing a comment
            @ FedBlue007 West Coast is hurting for bodies so a focus on getting new agents out there, and if you decline an office they offer don't expect another offer. Trying to speed up the process, and background checks/Poly that are recent or from other 1811/TS processes will be used instead of a new one done every time.

• kmstanton
            kmstanton commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m not sure that is just a west coast thing. I am at the polygraph stage and was asked if I have had one in the past 3 years. I think that’s a covid thing. They are looking to keep the process moving from my understanding.

• Grey De Leon
            Grey De Leon commented
            Editing a comment
            kmstanton I'm not sure if its just an ATF hiring process adjustment, but least from how the recruiter was talking its something that's being looked at large on the Fed side a centralized process. So the constant backlog can be addressed.

• Grey De Leon That’s great news (being a west coast applicant). Thanks!

Comment

• kmstanton Grey De Leon Great news no matter what the reason is. It’s seems in theory, that it could really speed things up and even save some money!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6795 users online. 366 members and 6429 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X