Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone happen to have recruiter info for Chicago?

appreciate it

Comment

Take heed to what Redrum3215 is telling you guys. The test is no joke. I bought the Mastering the Special Agent exam, studied, took the test and just knew i failed it. Luckily, i didn't!

PTT requires work unless you are in good shape. If you already work out and run you should be good but it wouldn't hurt to do a test run.

Bottom line, the agency is awesome and well worth the wait. Dont risk your lottery ticket by not studying and running.

Comment

• DetroitStyle2
      DetroitStyle2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good. During the PTT, did they still place a fist/block under your chest for push-ups?

Yes they do

Comment

I’m waiting on test results as well. I’m guessing no news is good news.

I have a question regarding salary. Say I’m hired and have a bachelors degree. Say I’m stationed in LA. Based on the pay scale I’ve seen on ATF, the pay would be approx. $50k. How does anyone live off that? What’s an average climb in salary after 3,5,7 years? Not to say it’s all about $$ but I’ve got to know what to expect.
      Thanks.

Comment

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Many people live on plenty less because they have to make it work. Don't get caught up on consumerism and it's more than doable. After 3-4 years you should be around 100k in LA

• Ruh
        Ruh commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't forget to factor in the 25% LEAP.

Originally posted by namelast View Post
      I’m waiting on test results as well. I’m guessing no news is good news.

I have a question regarding salary. Say I’m hired and have a bachelors degree. Say I’m stationed in LA. Based on the pay scale I’ve seen on ATF, the pay would be approx. $50k. How does anyone live off that? What’s an average climb in salary after 3,5,7 years? Not to say it’s all about $$ but I’ve got to know what to expect.
      Thanks.
      Yea, that’s tough, but I personally know people that have made it work. First 7 months are at FLETC, so if you're able to arrange it right, you’re living rent/mortgage free for a few months.

Grade increases are every year, on the anniversary of your EOD. The progression is 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13. After your 13 you begin Step increases (about 3% increases). The first few are every year, then every other, then every third year. There will be some work assignments/details that come out where you can make some OT, but no guarantee you’ll get it nor are they frequent, so I wouldn’t even factor them into financial decisions.

If you can make it work as a 5, 7, 9, then once you get beyond those grades, you’ll be feeling really good for the rest of your career.

Comment

Anyone get their test results or any update? We’re past July 7 obviously but still no word.

Comment

• Watex
          Watex commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely nothing

• Boston3011
          Boston3011 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing here either

• OCN_1
          OCN_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Stupid question, but isn’t the testing done at a testing facility via computer? I always thought it tells you your results upon completion, at least it did for me when I went through the testing process for my current job.

• Watex
          Watex commented
          Editing a comment
          Correct, the testing is done on a computer at a testing facility. Unfortunately, I did not receive any results at the end.

Originally posted by SPQR 2613 View Post

Yea, that’s tough, but I personally know people that have made it work. First 7 months are at FLETC, so if you're able to arrange it right, you’re living rent/mortgage free for a few months.

Grade increases are every year, on the anniversary of your EOD. The progression is 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13. After your 13 you begin Step increases (about 3% increases). The first few are every year, then every other, then every third year. There will be some work assignments/details that come out where you can make some OT, but no guarantee you’ll get it nor are they frequent, so I wouldn’t even factor them into financial decisions.

If you can make it work as a 5, 7, 9, then once you get beyond those grades, you’ll be feeling really good for the rest of your career.
        OT? Besides UNGA I didn’t see any while at ATF unless working a wire on night shift.

Comment

Yeah dont expect OT it is extremely rare.

Comment

Well it's encouraging no one has heard anything. I'm in a crazy predicament... My wife is military and we are about to head overseas. And still no word on test sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post

OT? Besides UNGA I didn’t see any while at ATF unless working a wire on night shift.
              Those two and ESF13 deployments.

Comment

• CL22
                CL22 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol... not even, you won’t get OT, holiday, night diff, or Sunday pay, it’s more like take a “flex day”... I know guys that worked 7 days a week after Irma and Maria and didn’t get anything besides LEAP.

• Referred for the June announcement and submitted my documents the first week of June. Haven’t received a testing date yet. Anyone else like this?

Comment

• DetroitStyle2
                DetroitStyle2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Applied June 8th and haven’t heard anything. I know the entire process is very lengthy but a little surprised the exam hasn’t been scheduled yet.

• OCN_1
                OCN_1 commented
                Editing a comment
                DetroitStyle2 same, I was paranoid that I had maybe deleted a testing email thinking that it was spam. But I guess the more time to study the better...

• DetroitStyle2
                DetroitStyle2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed. Looking back through the forum, it seems like most had their exam two months after application date. Hopefully August?

• Hey y’all finally got the test results we’ve been waiting for! I hope you guys receive good news!

Comment

• Received mine as well. Good news, now it’s more waiting until we get contacted for the PTT?

Comment

• Good news here too. PTT in the distant future I’m sure. Depending on the election outcome it could be soon or later.

Comment

• passed my exam, now we wait for the pt test...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4555 users online. 309 members and 4246 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X