Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. The books help. So does running, doing push-ups and doing sit-ups. ATF loses around 50% of its applicants to the written test. We lose another 25-30% of those who pass the written test to the PTT. Preparing for those are very important. Of 1,000 applicants to ATF, around 100 will make it through the process. It’s no joke, but it’s well worth the effort. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Redrum3215 View Post
      Yes. The books help. So does running, doing push-ups and doing sit-ups. ATF loses around 50% of its applicants to the written test. We lose another 25-30% of those who pass the written test to the PTT. Preparing for those are very important. Of 1,000 applicants to ATF, around 100 will make it through the process. It’s no joke, but it’s well worth the effort. Good luck to you.
      Any book you recommend? Ive seen a handful, but not sure which one is the most comparable to the test. Currently im in the military and the PT test is the exact same test we have to do 2x a year, so should be easy to roll right into taking that from what im currently used to.

Comment

Mastering the Special Agent Exam is the one I recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Redrum3215 View Post
          Mastering the Special Agent Exam is the one I recommend.
          +1 here. I recommend that book as well to others who I’ve recommended for schedule b. Also, the test is no joke! I was pretty certain I failed it after I took it. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I passed.

Comment

What’s difficult about the exam? Is there a practice one on the ATF site?

Comment

There is not a practice test on the website, but there are plenty in the book. Most people say it’s the math that got them. Same with the old TEA from back when we were with Treasury.

Comment

Does anyone have the recruiter info for Chicago? I sent an email to the Chicago office about applying and have not heard back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley32 View Post
                  Does anyone have the recruiter info for Chicago? I sent an email to the Chicago office about applying and have not heard back.
                  You missed the informational meeting they recently had in march. They are apparently having another one in the fall.

Comment

Redrum3215 Just applied to the June announcement and ordered the book you recommended. It's definitely helpful, but I'm hoping the math isn't as bad on the test compared to the harder problems in the book.

Comment

• Caidoz
                      Caidoz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Delete........
                      Last edited by Caidoz; 06-11-2020, 11:10 AM.

• Mike01
                      Mike01 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Has it already closed? I checked USAjobs and couldn’t find it.

• DetroitStyle2
                      DetroitStyle2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I reached out to a local recruiter a few weeks ago and received an "exclusive" invitation to apply about a week later. I could be wrong, but I think that's how this announcement is working for all applicants

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well with all the COVID/Protest situations going on.

Long time lurker here, and wanted to see if you guys could possibly help out with contacting a recruiter in the Washington D.C. area? I have called HQ countless times for the past two weeks with no luck.

I was going to walk into HQ and inquire that way, but wanted to make sure I exhausted all other methods before doing that.

Thank you and be safe!

Comment

• 2B18-11
                      2B18-11 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Have you talked to anyone at the Washington Field Division yet?

• qsheroz01
                      qsheroz01 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry for the late response 2B18-11. Work has been extremely hectic in D.C. with everything going on.

Anyway, after numerous attempts of contacting HQ for information, I took Redrum3215’s advice and contacted another office.

I was finally able to get in touch with someone who provided me with a point of contact. I reached out and was put on a list for the next opening (He said September).

I hope that answers your questions.
                      Last edited by qsheroz01; 07-01-2020, 11:28 AM. Reason: Mistake

• 2B18-11
                      2B18-11 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No problem at all; are you 5D?

Sorry to tell you: You can’t just walk into ATF HQ. The recruiters are in the Field Divisions. Check your nearest Field Division’s website. They have email boxes.

Comment

• qsheroz01
                      qsheroz01 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you for replying!

I actually am a LEO in D.C. and HQ is within my assigned area, which is why I wanted to go there and see if I can get information that way. During the protests, ATF was deployed in the area, and I briefly talked to an agent, but couldn’t go into depth due to all the chaos going around.

I’ll reach out to my local Field Division and go from there. I appreciate the help!

Just curious for the people who took the exam. How long did it take for you to receive your results?
                    Last edited by Watex; 06-18-2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• catch11
                      catch11 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Under a week; 8/28/19- exam, 9/3/19- results.

• DetroitStyle2
                      DetroitStyle2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nice. Anyone know when the exam will be for June '20 applicants?

• Watex
                      Watex commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Detroit - I applied in 1/20 and just took my exam 2 weeks ago. I’m sure covid delayed it but you’re still looking at a few months I’m sure.

Dumb question here, I am in AN ATF process, but I am not certain if it is a regional one or a traditional "anywhere" one. I first reached out to a recruiter in like 2018 and traded some emails back. Thought I was forgotten and then got contacted in December 2019. Eventually I was told about an informational session. Family emergency prevented me from going to the session, but the recruiter said it was ok and I would just need to directly send them an updated resume. Ultimately I received the link for and submitted an application to the June 8th, 2020 posting. As far as I knew, I was applying and could end up anywhere in the US. But I missed the informational meeting so I could be wrong. I am also in the USMS Schedule B and I know I will stay somewhere in the midwest. Is the ATF doing the same thing as the USMS? Looking at my ATF USA Jobs application posting, it does say that the "Agency Contact Information" is the "Midwest Services Branch."

Thanks!
                    Last edited by Ruh; 06-20-2020, 06:55 AM.
                    Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
                    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
                    Shall be my brother." - Henry V

Comment

• Shadowtrain
                      Shadowtrain commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If the information session was anything like I went to, it wasn't really life-changing. Mission overview and how their process takes a while.

Regarding your location with ATF, from what I've gathered from agents I've spoken with - You'll rank order offices, and hopefully, you get somewhere in your top selection.

I'd ping the recruiter again and just ask followup questions.

Good luck!

• Ruh
                      Ruh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for responding. Buddy of mine who is with the ATF said the same thing before I started the process. But I wasn't sure if I missed something on where I would end up. Hopefully it won't matter since I will be taking the USMS fitness test soon and possibly be in an academy before the year is out.

Did anyone take the exam recently? I took mine just over 2 weeks ago and still haven’t received results. I heard that they don’t release the results until everyone has taken it?

Comment

• DetroitStyle2
                      DetroitStyle2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just saw your response, thanks.
                      Last edited by DetroitStyle2; 06-28-2020, 07:25 PM. Reason: Deleted....

• Boston3011
                      Boston3011 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Same with me. I took my test 6/11 and still no word. The signup email says testing window is until 7/7 so maybe we do have to wait for everyone to take it.

Anyone have any movement post eqip?

Comment

• Alyk
                      Alyk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I got my poly scheduled today for mid July

• catch11
                      catch11 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What location? If you don’t mind sharing.

• Alyk
                      Alyk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Miami Division

• catch11
                      catch11 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4451 users online. 300 members and 4151 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X