Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info. Helps a lot

Comment

• I’m 36, Any chance I can get appointment in less than a year?

Comment

• Eliteforce
        Eliteforce commented
        Editing a comment
        You may want to look into USSS if you haven't already. Their process seems to be way faster.

• Originally posted by Bluebro2121 View Post
      I’m 36, Any chance I can get appointment in less than a year?
      To be honest, probably not. ATF is known for having one of the longer hiring processes. There have been some signs of hope that the process could be streamlined down to about 18 months, but within a year may be too far-fetched.

Comment

• has anyone interviewed in oct/nov heard back yet?

Comment

• MotorT3531
          MotorT3531 commented
          Editing a comment
          just got mine!!! woohoo

• maxxedstr
          maxxedstr commented
          Editing a comment
          Did mine November in DC, haven't heard back yet. Is it an email or do they send you something in the mail?

• MotorT3531
          MotorT3531 commented
          Editing a comment
          they sent an email with a "we are pleased to inform you" letter and a package to be printed signed and scanned and returned within 24 hours. has instructions and also a blueprint as to what to expect going forward in the process.

• Kt_kt_kt
          Kt_kt_kt commented
          Editing a comment
          Did mine at the end of October and haven’t heard anything back yet... I’m in Detroit.

Update: Heard back on Jan 22 that I had 24 hours to respond and fill all the paperwork out. Has everything one needs to know as far as the next steps in the process.
          Last edited by Kt_kt_kt; 01-23-2021, 12:19 PM. Reason: Had additional info.

• Anyone who took the PTT in mid-November receive an interview date yet?

Comment

• OCN_1
          OCN_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          ** Edited **
          Last edited by OCN_1; 01-09-2021, 08:40 AM.

• Anyone know or hear anything about hiring info for 2021?
        What’s the word on info sessions?

Comment

• bondman007
          bondman007 commented
          Editing a comment
          I reached out to a local recruiter (generic region recruiter email on the .gov website) over the summer. No response. In October got an email from the recruiter acknowledging and saying there would be info sessions towards the end of year for an early 2021 Job announcement. Got invited middle of December to info sesh for end of Dec.

Was told if selected by SAC/ASAC, would be invited to apply sometime in mid to late January

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Newark Field Office is having JOAs in January and June I believe. NYC FO has an info session today for a potential JOA in a couple months. Reach out to your local FO. I know on the east coast, they are definitely hiring.

• Aardvaark
          Aardvaark commented
          Editing a comment
          FY21 and FY22 have been budgeted and approved for 10 classes each. Not sure how many have already started for FY21 though.

• Originally posted by ELCUHH View Post
        Anyone know or hear anything about hiring info for 2021?
        What’s the word on info sessions?
        Got invited to an info session scheduled for today through Skype (Atlanta)

Comment

• ELCUHH
          ELCUHH commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice, was able to do the same now. I don’t know any higher ups...so I’m hoping my resume can spark someone’s interest. Best of luck to you all of you!
          Last edited by ELCUHH; 01-18-2021, 09:50 PM.

• Just got the results that I passed the December assessment, on to the PT.

Comment

• Originally posted by NJLOCAL View Post
          Just got the results that I passed the December assessment, on to the PT.
          Same here. I honestly wasn't to positive after I took that exam. I am pleasantly surprised right now.

Comment

• Willitopen82
            Willitopen82 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here. Got results moving on to PT.

• ELCUHH
            ELCUHH commented
            Editing a comment
            How does it compare to other SAEE out there? Is it pretty rough?

• Took PT a few months ago- waiting on interview invite.

Comment

• PT was completed in November 20’, and was just informed that the interview will take place the final week of January. Waiting on details, however.

Comment

• Does anyone have details on what the ATF Academy is like? I've heard that it is second only to USMS as the physically toughest academy at FLETC.

When I was there with Air and Marine, ATF recruits were scarce but they seemed to all be in good shape and carried themselves well. They didn't look as angry or beaten down as the USMS candidates though...
              USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
              13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
              18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
              16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
              08Mar21 Interviewed
              19Mar21 TOL Received

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
              25Jan21 Applied
              18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• SDM8492
                SDM8492 commented
                Editing a comment
                I went through the ATF National Academy as an IOI (non-sworn) and our class was alongside a SA class. From talking with folks from that SA class and my ATF buddies from CITP it isn't as stupid hard as the USMS BDUSM. They do conduct additional PT sessions before and after the normal duty day however they do collect LEAP while at the academy.

My understanding is that they spend a great deal of time on tactics and marksmanship. The Arson/Explosives block I have heard is the most academically challenging.

• Checkmate
                Checkmate commented
                Editing a comment
                Good info SDM, thank you!

• Aardvaark
                Aardvaark commented
                Editing a comment
                What is it you want to know? Your question is pretty vague.

• mih pihsrow
                mih pihsrow commented
                Editing a comment
                ATF has a very good reputation and that starts at FLETC. Instructors won't beat you down unless your class screws up. If you work as a team, respect FLETC staff, classmates and other people attending FLETC they will treat you like adults.

The closer your class is the better.

On the other hand, if your class gets out line, ATF won't hesitate to handle it how they see fit. They have been known to fire people without hesitation if the situation dictates.

• For all you hopeful ATF applicants, I highly encourage you to listen to the "Copland" podcast by legendary ATF SA Jay Dobyns. He is a legend in the federal undercover community and well worth listening to during a commute. I was truly impressed during my interview with him and both of his books were unbelievably awesome.

-SA Blog
              www.specialagents.org
              Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 10.13.28 AM.png

Comment

• Originally posted by specialagentblog View Post
                For all you hopeful ATF applicants, I highly encourage you to listen to the "Copland" podcast by legendary ATF SA Jay Dobyns. He is a legend in the federal undercover community and well worth listening to during a commute. I was truly impressed during my interview with him and both of his books were unbelievably awesome.
                I recommend “10-41” over Copland personally. He had Chris Bayless on recently which is a great listen. Dobyns was on it as well as Lou Valoze.

Comment

• specialagentblog
                  specialagentblog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sure, that is a great one (and I will add link to my site)! There are also others I have taken the time to highlight (The Undercovers/Deep Cover etc.). In general, anything that gives legitimate insight to the 1811 profession is on my list and I just want to make it easy for people such as yourself to find and select based on your individual preferences.

-SA Blog
                  Last edited by specialagentblog; 01-16-2021, 02:20 AM.

• Has anyone that processed out of Baltimore and had their interview in late November heard anything?

Comment

• Finesse
                  Finesse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Check your email, just received results.

• Watex
                  Watex commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I interviewed early November on the west coast and still haven’t heard anything back.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5546 users online. 311 members and 5235 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X