Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how much notice is given before actual PTT day? Moving from east coast to the south at the end of November and trying to figure out my options

Comment

• OCN_1
      OCN_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Friend went through the process and said it was around three weeks from notification to testing day

• Redskins3
      Redskins3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine was about 2 weeks

• Anyone have the recruiter email for NY? If so, please DM it.

Comment

• [email protected]

Comment

• Anyone heard any rumors about the DOJ polygraph being waived if you have either 1) Had a federal polygraph in the last three years or 2) Currently hold a TS/SCI clearance? Or know the specifics of it?

Comment

• Shadowtrain
          Shadowtrain commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure about rumors, but I hold an active clearance along with a poly.... and was still asked to sit for one.

• FedBlue007
          FedBlue007 commented
          Editing a comment
          On a similar note; anyone hear about a waiver in the medical if one was taken for another agency within the past 24 months?

• Recruiter mentioned PTT coming up in November for New England area.

Comment

Last edited by Lrs2247; 02-22-2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Shadowtrain
            Shadowtrain commented
            Editing a comment
            EQIP to poly was about two months for me.

Their timeline is so jacked up and trying to figure out the process is almost the same as reading tea leaves. They really need to streamline the process because they do miss out on some good applicants.

• kmstanton
            kmstanton commented
            Editing a comment
            My equip to poly was just about 2 months. December will be 2 total years for me. So maybe a streamline down from the 3-4 years?

• My PTT will be taking place in November. Check your emails. My recruiter informed me that all the recruiting offices try to keep the testing dates on the same day/week.

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up on this - did you receive a PTT invite or was that just a general FYI from the recruiter?

Comment

• OficialDDD
              OficialDDD commented
              Editing a comment
              PTT Invite. Date and location was provided.

• I have my interview later this month.

Comment

• PTT just got scheduled for this month

Comment

• Just got an email for the SA exam. Can anyone tell me how it compares to the FBI, USMS or FAM test? (I've passed all 3 so optimistic about this one also)

Comment

• Redskins3
                  Redskins3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Little bit harder than fbi and Usms. Not as hard as HSI. Study for math.

• Anyone get the PTT invite for New England area?

Comment

• I just took and passed my PTT today. One more step out of the way.

Comment

• OCN_1
                    OCN_1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Passed as well, congrats to everyone

• Congratulations to those who have passed. I'm currently on the sidelines after having to request a PTT deferral for a leg injury. I know it probably varies, but for those of you who have tested, how strict were the PT coordinators on form (ex. elbow to knee on sit-ups, or just break the vertical plane with your torso)? Seems like a silly question, but when I was in the USSS Academy I saw people go from a very high score to a very low score simply based on very minor form infractions, depending on who was counting reps.
                  -B

Comment

• Originally posted by BM1811 View Post
                    Congratulations to those who have passed. I'm currently on the sidelines after having to request a PTT deferral for a leg injury. I know it probably varies, but for those of you who have tested, how strict were the PT coordinators on form (ex. elbow to knee on sit-ups, or just break the vertical plane with your torso)? Seems like a silly question, but when I was in the USSS Academy I saw people go from a very high score to a very low score simply based on very minor form infractions, depending on who was counting reps.
                    -B
                    Can’t speak for the academy, but the pre-employment PTT for ATF was straightforward and not overly scrutinized. You had to come all the way up on sit-ups, and you had to touch the foam block on the pushups. They only called one person out on a rep or two about the depth of their pushups, which he easily corrected. No one lost any reps on sit-ups.

now my friends that did DEA PTT said they want you almost in between your knees on upward progression of sit-ups lol.

That was my experience for what it’s worth.

Comment

• Shadowtrain
                      Shadowtrain commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Been a few years since I went through the process for DEA, but they were super strict on form. ATF PTT was super straightforward.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6843 users online. 376 members and 6467 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X