300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found answer. Seems I can't delete.
    Last edited by maxxedstr; 09-13-2020, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Lrs2247; 02-22-2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• CC1014
        CC1014 commented
        Editing a comment
        DetroitStyle2 They did advise me that I could look into other options. However, after speaking with multiple agents who have had the surgery, I decided to go with Lasik.

• kmstanton
        kmstanton commented
        Editing a comment
        So did you have to get the lasik before you were hired? Or did they do a waiver pending the lasik?

• CC1014
        CC1014 commented
        Editing a comment
        kmstanton Sorry for the late response! They will not give you a waiver. I had the surgery and was told that I could retest after 3 months.

• Z man
        Z man commented
        Editing a comment
        This is what I did six years ago. I knew that ATF administered the Ishihara plate test, and I also knew I would fail based on previous experience in the military... but I can distinguish colors just fine.

I learned that FBI would accept the Farnsworth D-15, so I hoped ATF would do the same. I scheduled an appointment at a local eye care center and successfully completed the Farnsworth test. Took the documentation to my ATF physical and they submitted it with my packet... didn’t hear anything until I got the “medically cleared memo.”

Things may have changed since then, but this was my experience.

• I got a date for my polygraph. Hopeful to move into medical shortly after

Comment

• For those who have both passed and failed the exam, will you receive your results quicker if you failed as opposed to if you passed? Might be a stupid question, but I had a coworker mention that he received word that he failed fairly quickly while someone who passed had to wait weeks on end for their passing result. Any truth to this, or just a rumor?

Comment

• Hello all. Have a question that I could use some guidance on. Took the ATF written and passed last year, took the physical and came up a sit-up short in the minute time limit. Was scheduled b again this year but didn’t make the cut to move forward and retake because there was a limited number of spots. Was told that my written is good for three years. Anyone else have a similar situation? My question is if someone doesn’t make it through the process am I eligible to sub into that spot? Or do I need to wait until anew announcement?

Comment

• Fit test passed. Anyone know how long it usually takes to get an interview invite after fit?

Comment

• BM1811
              BM1811 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I do have a question for you. How far did you have to travel for the fit test? Are they held at local offices or done regionally?

Again, sorry for hijacking your post.

-BM

• Just got my results, passed! Recent applicants, check your emails!

Comment

• BM1811
              BM1811 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here. Congratulations!

• DetroitStyle2
              DetroitStyle2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Passed as well. What a relief! Congrats to those that passed. The waiting game continues

• Yep, same. Stoked!

Comment

• Congrats to those that passed. I took my exam in August 2020 and received my scores today. I passed as well. FYI, my recruiter liked that I sent them my email with my test results. If y’all decide to give them a heads up.

Comment

• Passed as well!!!! Now it’s a sit and wait for PT test!! Lol

Comment

• Has anyone taken the ATF test and the FBI/USMS/ASVAB test? How comparable are they?

Comment

• DetroitStyle2
                    DetroitStyle2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes. In my opinion, the FBI test was easier. No math- mostly reading comprehension and pattern sequence questions

• Grey De Leon
                    Grey De Leon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    DetroitStyle2 I've been told ATF is tougher than the ASVAB but is roughly on par with FBI/USMS except there's some arithmetic. I've passed both the FBI/USMS and scored a Gen score of 72 on ASVAB so just going to brush up on my numbers.

• Watex
                    Watex commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I failed the USSS test twice but passed the ATF test first go round.

• mih pihsrow
                    mih pihsrow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ATF math is no joke. Get the Special Agent exam book from Amazon to brush up on the math. I got an ASVAB score of 74 in high school, passed the ATF test. I failed the HSI exam. Weird......

• For those of you looking for a solid workout program to follow for maintaining/getting into PTT shape, check out Mtn Tactical. It’s geared towards LEO and Military personnel and you can find programs tailored for federal PTT. ATF isn’t listed but they have FBI/DEA programs which are similar and have worked well for me on getting ready for the ATF PT. Here’s the link: https://mtntactical.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Redskins3 View Post
                    Fit test passed. Anyone know how long it usually takes to get an interview invite after fit?
                    I passed fit test last week. And I was told they are currently scheduled for end of October, but that could change, nothing is set in stone.

Comment

• Wojo7
                      Wojo7 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's good to know. I refrained from asking them lol!

• Does anyone know how long you have to submit the sf 87 fingerprint cards?

Comment

• Originally posted by mih pihsrow View Post
                      ATF math is no joke. Get the Special Agent exam book from Amazon to brush up on the math. I got an ASVAB score of 74 in high school, passed the ATF test. I failed the HSI exam. Weird......
                      I heard on the last HSI Direct Hire announcement; out of 1,000 accepted applicants; 600 failed the written test-all citing the math portion.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6797 users online. 373 members and 6424 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X