300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 ATF Schedule B Hiring

ATF schedule B hiring opened last week in my area. I have applied and will attend the informational session next week. Is anyone else just starting this process? What should I expect?

KM I wouldn’t expect anything to intense . It’s basically a chance for the recruiter to give you some info on the agency’s mission as well as the steps in the hiring process, and you to ask any questions you may have. You will also be warned not to quit your day job as ATF has one of the longer hiring processes normally taking folks 2-4 years to complete with it being closer to the 3-4 year mark. There is a separate ATF forum on here dating back a few years with applicants on the tail-end of their 3 to 4 year recruitment. I’m sure would love to give you all the information you want.

Comment

Yes, I’ve read that thread. Just didn’t know if there were others that were applying during this schedule B opening. I’ll age out before 4 years lol. Unless already being in the Federal system keep me from that age out. So we’ll just see what happens.

Comment

Sent my resume in for this, already attended a previous information session a few months ago.

Comment

Is it too late to contact a recruiter reference this?

Comment

I'd be interested in this as well. Is it too late to contact a recruiter?

Comment

Doc- so after the info session your just waiting? Nothing else yet?

As far as I know, it was a referral type apply. My information was sent to the recruiter by a current ATF employee. I’m not sure if that’s how it needs to be for everyone or not.

Comment

Sent my resume to the email address a recruiter provided couple weeks back. Waiting to hear on an info session.

Comment

Couple weeks ago I was talking to a recruiter who asked me for my resume and told me that invites to info sessions might start going out around July.

Comment

There’s an info session next Tuesday in Ohio.

Comment

• Nsk_104
                    Nsk_104 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice, it's always good news knowing they are starting in some regions. Hopefully other regions will soon follow.

• Redskins3
                    Redskins3 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Info session tomorrow in DC

Originally posted by kmstanton View Post
                  Yes, I’ve read that thread. Just didn’t know if there were others that were applying during this schedule B opening. I’ll age out before 4 years lol. Unless already being in the Federal system keep me from that age out. So we’ll just see what happens.
                  Only way it would 'stop the clock' and allow you to continue to apply to certain FLEO jobs after 37 is if you are in the covered retirement system. If you don't know if you are in that system (based on your post), then you probably aren't. You would need to be in a 12d (more commonly called 6c even though that is no longer the proper name) position, such a 'rigorous' law enforcement position; Border Patrol, most 1811s, some 0083s, etc. Also includes federal fire fighters, federal air traffic controllers, some nuclear jobs like courier, etc. Merely being a federal employee doesn't stop it.

If you want to message me your current position I can tell you, or research it if I don't know.
                  UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                  "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Did anyone get their email from OPM to apply yet?

Comment

• Redskins3
                      Redskins3 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just got mine today.

Got my invite as well

Comment

• AgentATF
                      AgentATF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What region/city was this for?

Received mine today. Applying on Monday

Comment

• AgentATF
                      AgentATF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What region/city was this for?

• Alyk
                      Alyk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am from Miami, FL

Refresh my memory. Do they send out email
                    also if you didn’t make it?
                    Last edited by DB9173; 06-11-2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19122 users online. 381 members and 18741 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X