300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USFS Law Enforcement Officer

For anyone who has applied for this position, how long did it take you to hear anything? I applied last week, so I'm not expecting anything anytime soon.

I applied last march...no.....LAST MARCH....like 2006...

They are just now reviewing my application for two of the seven duty stations I would accept. PM me if you need anything regarding this.

Comment

Originally posted by GB0610
      Well, you have until the 18th of April before the selecting officials even get the CERTS, so it will be early June at best.

Budget affects Land Management agencies greatly. So that could play a huge role.

What locations did you put as your preference?

Good luck.......if you get it, and haven't already been to LMPT, it really is the best basic academy at FLETC.
      I dont even remember, I know i put sparks NV, a couple in CA, and I forget what else.

Comment

I applied a couple weeks ago now and I just got an email that said:You were found to be eligible for the position and your name was referred to the selecting official.
        I'm surprised to hear that already

Comment

Originally posted by igneous View Post
          I applied a couple weeks ago now and I just got an email that said:You were found to be eligible for the position and your name was referred to the selecting official.
          I'm surprised to hear that already
          Don't hold your breath.

I was sent the same e-mail in mid-March for a couple other FS openings to which I had applied. Haven't heard a thing since on that or the other 30+ BLM, USFS, and NPS openings I've put in for since February. Guess they don't want someone with LE experience and a law degree
          He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
          -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
          -- Hemingway

Comment

I recieved the same e-mail for two postings, I believe in August or September. The last time I checked Avue, a couple days ago, the position was still pending, and now I'm too old to get the job.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

Originally posted by rugermk2 View Post
              Don't hold your breath.

I was sent the same e-mail in mid-March for a couple other FS openings to which I had applied. Haven't heard a thing since on that or the other 30+ BLM, USFS, and NPS openings I've put in for since February. Guess they don't want someone with LE experience and a law degree
              ah, oh well. I have the test for the IEA job on thursday, so I guess I have a better chance of something happening with that.

Comment

I'm blaming my lackluster reception on an absence of veteran points and Federal government ineptitude Ain't it funny how we all complain about the Feds, but we're all fighting to get in?

Hehe.... Maybe I should speak for myself
                He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
                -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                -- Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by rugermk2 View Post
                  I'm blaming my lackluster reception on an absence of veteran points and Federal government ineptitude Ain't it funny how we all complain about the Feds, but we're all fighting to get in?

Hehe.... Maybe I should speak for myself
                  Im not expecting to hear anything. All I have is a degree, no le experience, and the location they emailed me about is pretty much as far away from where I live as possible.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6807 users online. 352 members and 6455 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X