Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how placing a fraud alert will affect my background check?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how placing a fraud alert will affect my background check?

I suspect that some of my personal information may have leaked due to a data breach. I was wondering how it may affect any current employment process/background checks?

My wife’s identity was stolen several months before my background was initiated. There were protective measures put in place to protect from and notify of identity theft. We have purchased vehicles and a home together. The measures did not seem to effect my background.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesdr View Post
      My wife’s identity was stolen several months before my background was initiated. There were protective measures put in place to protect from and notify of identity theft. We have purchased vehicles and a home together. The measures did not seem to effect my background.
      That's terrible, sorry it happened to you guys.

Right on, thanks for your reply; puts me at ease a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Culper View Post
        I suspect that some of my personal information may have leaked due to a data breach. I was wondering how it may affect any current employment process/background checks?
        The only way this would affect your background is if this resulted in some scumbag using your personal information to open accounts, and not pay whatever balance they accumulate (letting them go to collections, 100+days delinquent on debt, etc). Look at your credit report and see if there's anything erroneous, if there is let your Background Investigator know what the situation is.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6757 users online. 368 members and 6389 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X