300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Border Patrol Applicants

just completed the application today for GL-9 with the Border Patrol. Anyone else applying? I’m out of South Carolina. I haven’t verified 100% what the PT test is for BP. I have watched some dated videos of it saying like 20-25 push ups, 20-25 sit-ups and a step test but I’m not sure if that’s still the standard. I believe I read the ad right that if you qualify for GL-9 you won’t have to take the written test. I hope it’s true cause I suck at written test. The test anxiety works me up every time.

Received email today I was selected for GL9 and my pre employment process begins.

Comment

So they already have you a conditional offer based on your resume? Congrats!

Comment

I guess by definition it is a conditional offer but they called it a tentative selection for border patrol agent. Because I have LE experience I get to skip the written test. I completed the questionnaire and the form that "accepts" the tentative offer. I believe I am waiting on my E-Qip packet which I have already completed several months back for another agency so it should only be a review and resubmit. So we shall see.

Comment

As of today 5/2 I received my email for my structured interview on 5/22 and I received the email to schedule my medical screening.

Comment

Nice! Keep us updated.

Comment

I received my E-Qip this evening as well (5/2/19). I just completed and submitted it.

Comment

My medical and pt test is scheduled for Friday 5/10:19. I kinda hope it slows down a little. I was thinking it would take about a year and it’s been 2 weeks and I have done everything except polygraph and interview which is the 22nd.

Comment

Yup just heard back myself, submitted my e-QIP yesterday, scheduled medical for 5/15 and the structured interview for 5/30. To anyone who's been through the interview can you give some insight on what it's like and any advice during it? Thanks and good luck to other applicants who are going through it as well.
                  USPIS:
                  Applied: 09/2018
                  First Test: 09/2018
                  SF-86 Submitted: 10/2018
                  Second Test/IE Exchange: 12/2018
                  AC: 03/2019

CBP:
                  Applied: 04/10/2019
                  Entry Exam: 04/17/2019
                  Exam NOR: 04/19/2019
                  NOR for referral: 05/02/2019

Comment

I haven’t done the BP interview per same but I can probably assure you it’s like most federal interviews. Why do you want this job, why are you the best candidate, what’s your best characteristic, what’s your worst, tell me of a time in your life you had to make an ethical/moral decision and what and why did you do it. Then the rest is them telling you about what to expect and how tough the job is and are you ready for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jkufen View Post
                      I haven’t done the BP interview per same but I can probably assure you it’s like most federal interviews. Why do you want this job, why are you the best candidate, what’s your best characteristic, what’s your worst, tell me of a time in your life you had to make an ethical/moral decision and what and why did you do it. Then the rest is them telling you about what to expect and how tough the job is and are you ready for it.
                      This is not it at all. The oral board is 100% situational; you are here and have this equipment, this is what happens, what would you do. Me personally, of all the FLEO interviews I've done, only one was a 'corporate' style interview like you mentioned, and it is probably the agency that would surprise you the most to have that style interview.

This is why there is no purpose in all these BP threads being created, one for each announcement, each year, etc. The good information and answers can be found in the very large BP thread. Anytime there is a new thread, it is redundant, and increases the chance of bad information being passed along.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Make sure you guys are good babysitters...

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

This is not it at all. The oral board is 100% situational; you are here and have this equipment, this is what happens, what would you do. Me personally, of all the FLEO interviews I've done, only one was a 'corporate' style interview like you mentioned, and it is probably the agency that would surprise you the most to have that style interview.

This is why there is no purpose in all these BP threads being created, one for each announcement, each year, etc. The good information and answers can be found in the very large BP thread. Anytime there is a new thread, it is redundant, and increases the chance of bad information being passed along.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                          How I described was exactly how my secret service interview went so that’s what I’m basing my response from

Comment

• battlewagon
                            battlewagon commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Alrighty, well not the case for BP, so okie dokie

Originally posted by jkufen View Post
                          Not even remotely close. Don't go into any of the Federal the interviews cocky, because that will be you're undoing. Being humble goes a lot farther than most would think.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8516 users online. 332 members and 8184 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X