Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe he’s not such an “Operator” after all...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

That's a load of crap and you should stop listening to the people who tell you those blatant lies
      You know what screw it FBI is hiring I will drop an app Monday

Comment

There's a big bad world of LE outside of your small department of 90 sworn. I'd suggest that maybe contemplating on what you want to do for the long haul of your career is more productive than just looking at retirement now. A federal career can be very rewarding with lots of challenges. It will definitely be different than where you are at now. I'd only caution that toning down the bravado might be wise, at least until you can pass one of the PT tests...

Comment

Originally posted by izamsilas View Post
          There's a big bad world of LE outside of your small department of 90 sworn. I'd suggest that maybe contemplating on what you want to do for the long haul of your career is more productive than just looking at retirement now. A federal career can be very rewarding with lots of challenges. It will definitely be different than where you are at now. I'd only caution that toning down the bravado might be wise, at least until you can pass one of the PT tests...
          So the cockiness was obviously just joking amongst us type A types. I do not think of myself as Rambo. And retirement is what I want to do in the long haul of my career. If I don’t start thinking now then when it’s that time it’s too late.

Comment

Here's another bit of advice from an almost retired guy, working in a career where people might want to track you down, don't use your real info for a screen name that can be tracked to all your social media and the department you work for

Also, we're not all A types...

Seriously though, retirement is important, but border patrol and secret service are two fairly different missions. Maybe look into what you like about either of those and figure out where to go from there? I have found that quite a lot of people get myopic with agency applications and don't bother to look into them all. Moving to a federal investigatory position will be quite a bit different than working in a small PD. That doesn't mean it'll be bad, just has to be something you're interested in. Doing something like border patrol will possibly have more action than an 1811 gig, but that just depends on what border you're working and what the action on the border or port of entry is at any given day. IMO, you just have to narrow it down to what you like about LE but what to expand on, or...what you want to challenge yourself with.

Comment

Originally posted by izamsilas View Post
              Here's another bit of advice from an almost retired guy, working in a career where people might want to track you down, don't use your real info for a screen name that can be tracked to all your social media and the department you work for

Also, we're not all A types...

Seriously though, retirement is important, but border patrol and secret service are two fairly different missions. Maybe look into what you like about either of those and figure out where to go from there? I have found that quite a lot of people get myopic with agency applications and don't bother to look into them all. Moving to a federal investigatory position will be quite a bit different than working in a small PD. That doesn't mean it'll be bad, just has to be something you're interested in. Doing something like border patrol will possibly have more action than an 1811 gig, but that just depends on what border you're working and what the action on the border or port of entry is at any given day. IMO, you just have to narrow it down to what you like about LE but what to expand on, or...what you want to challenge yourself with.
              Being my social media screams police, I’m on the front page of the PD website and recruitment video ( unknowingly) I’m not too worried about being “tracked” or found. Unfortunately people dong forget a fat, patchy beard leprechaun

Comment

Good luck with that.

Comment

5 whole years on? That’s four actually with academy and FTO. You are just a youngster...

Comment

This thread is spiraling out of control. It is clearly just a thread for OP to tell us all about his self, his personal plans, and to be a blog for their thoughts.

O.com, you need a new moderator? I'll be it and shut these sort of threads down before they turn into this.
                    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Well...he is an “Operator “ etc, so he’s got that...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6875 users online. 240 members and 6635 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X