300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Park Police

Anyone taking the test this week??? Have not heard much on this site...Any Park Officers hear anything on hiring numbers? i am scheduled to take the test on 05/05 but have not scheduled a flight or hotel. I have not decided if this is going to be worth the effort due to all the negative publicity surrounding the level of attrition and hiring at Park.

I took the test for GGNRA a couple of years ago.... all new hires were going to DC for three years. Check with the recruiters to see if they still do this.

Comment

Just curious as to what all you have heard that may be negative? I am also signed up to take the test and just received my test date for next week. I live about 7+ hours from D.C. and after these next two weeks will have had to make the commute 6 times in 2.5 weeks. For me it is starting to get overwhelmingly expensive (just started grad school and fresh out of undergrad with a federal internship under my belt) for my financial status. I want to keep as many options open as I can, even though it's a struggle it will be all worth it in the end. Hopefully!

Comment

Just curious as to what all you have heard that may be negative? I am also signed up to take the test and just received my test date for next week. I live about 7+ hours from D.C. and after these next two weeks will have had to make the commute 6 times in 2.5 weeks. For me it is starting to get overwhelmingly expensive (just started grad school and fresh out of undergrad with a federal internship under my belt) for my financial status. I want to keep as many options open as I can, even though it's a struggle it will be all worth it in the end. Hopefully!

Comment

Yeah I'm scheduled to take the test this weekend also...hope to see you guys there!!

Comment

Uspp

The info about the agency is not negative. Do some research...There are stories out there about very low manpower levels, poor equipment/vehicles, and an overall concern for the state of the Park Police. Park is a great agency to work for but the agency itself is having issues. Oh yeah i forgot to mention that i read in another post that Park recently hired a class only to tell the hirees that they no longer had a job within a week of the academy starting..I was hoping there were some Park Officers on here who could shed some light on the issues..Use GOOGLE and and read for yourself..

Comment

Just got my NOR in the mail today.I passed of course, has anyone else who tested earlier this month get theirs yet?.......I'm supposed to report back for the PEB next month.

Comment

Congrats

Originally posted by JamaicanLP View Post
                Just got my NOR in the mail today.I passed of course, has anyone else who tested earlier this month get theirs yet?.......I'm supposed to report back for the PEB next month.
                Congratulations, on to the waiting game. I took the test last month as well but have not heard anything yet. Good Luck at the PEB.

Comment

You should be getting yours pretty soon George....i remember the Sgt.saying something about trying to have a class ready by August.So i'll hopefully see you guys in june.

Comment

Nor

Got mine, along with that encyclopedia size blue book.

Comment

Oh yeah i was saying the same thing when i first saw it...........what day are you scheduled? Saturday or Sunday?

Comment

Peb

Mine is scheduled for Sat.June 9 at 0700. Cant wait, the forms say to plan on a 12hr day.

Comment

Question to all -- a friend of mine was set up to test with USPP a couple of weeks ago but fell ill and was unable to do so, would he be able to reschedule a test even though I would assume announcement is closed? I told him no, however I am seeking a knowledgeable source on this one. Thanks!

Comment

Test

You are correct. The announcement closed and he is going to have to wait until the next opening. The Park Officers at my testing were pretty clear on this being the only shot to take the test this time around.

Comment

Yea same here...that's where I gauged my info as well. It makes complete sense though; this isn't making up a biology test!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4529 users online. 266 members and 4263 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X