• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital Police Class 154

please delete
    Last edited by GoIrish04; 02-05-2010, 02:03 PM. Reason: delete

Originally posted by GoIrish04 View Post
    If anyone is in the process, I just got my invitation to be part of USCP class 154 that starts on June 1st. I had to decline because I am currently with another LE agency academy in Northern Virginia. Just wanted to give the heads up!
    Hey Irish whats up? I'm pretty sure that we had our med the same day in new york for usss ud. What agency are you going to be with? If I remember you had just finished your poly with USCP and the UD was going to be next. I'm finished with UD and just waiting to hear frome the board. I cant wait to get this moving . Well good luck.

Comment

Hey guys, I was curious as to when you all completed your initial testing for U.S.C.P.? Also, if applicable, what was your approximate wait time between the interview with the background investigator and the actual polygraph test being scheduled? I completed the interview with my background investigator almost 4 weeks ago and have since grown a little leary about whether I will still advance in the process. When I left that day he had told me that he was recommending me to move forward as a great candidate and that they would probably try to get me back in within a week or two...but still no word. Any thoughts on this, or am I just worrying for no reason?

Comment

please delete
        Last edited by GoIrish04; 02-05-2010, 02:03 PM. Reason: delete

Comment

Process took about 5 months for me. Test in June,hired in November,academy in April.

JHOO....just call your investigator and ask

And like was said before.....Summer in Ga. is freaking brutal. I was there April-July and can't imagine starting in June...

water,water,water,water...they won't go easy due to the heat. You will lose at least a couple within the first few weeks because they are not in shape to handle it
          Leave Space Empty

Comment

GPOC: thanks so much for the information and advice, I will contact my Investigator first thing in the morning. I hope to be one of the fortunate few who receive the oppurtunity to continue in the process; since my Internship with ATF, this is where I want to be and it would be an honor to serve.

Comment

I also got my invitation to be part of USCP class 154 . Can't wait.

Comment

Congratulations Biggkj4; best of luck at the Academy. I received the call to come in for the psychological/physical/polygraph examinations this week; I could not be more excited! Has anyone heard of another class following 154? Also, does anyone recall their time frame subsequent to taking these last three tests? Thanks again and best of luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by JH00 View Post
                  Congratulations Biggkj4; best of luck at the Academy. I received the call to come in for the psychological/physical/polygraph examinations this week; I could not be more excited! Has anyone heard of another class following 154? Also, does anyone recall their time frame subsequent to taking these last three tests? Thanks again and best of luck to all.

June is the only class I have heard about but I'm sure one won't be too far behind it.

I had an offer 1 month after my last test which was the physical
                  Leave Space Empty

Comment

That's awesome; perhaps with the tests being this month an expedition could occur, leaving me oh so fortunate to join in with the June class! One can only hope...

Thanks again GPOC and GOIRISH04, I sincerely appreciate your input and advice to date. Best of luck on your endeavors; perhaps one day we will serve this great country together.

Regards, JH

Comment

Originally posted by GPOC View Post
                      June is the only class I have heard about but I'm sure one won't be too far behind it.

I had an offer 1 month after my last test which was the physical
                      There should be more classes. They still have to fill the the spots at the CVC and the ones leaving for FAM.
                      The Thin Blue Line!

Comment

Originally posted by pulisman View Post
                        There should be more classes. They still have to fill the the spots at the CVC and the ones leaving for FAM.

CVC spots are filled except for 1 detailed over from C1.

Now when its close to opening is a whole different story but for now it's filled and detailees are gone
                        Leave Space Empty

Comment

Please excuse me if this seems ignorant, but could you all explain some of the spots that you all have referred to by acronym? Also, if you have the time to spare, could you describe some of the actual positions/details available to U.S. Capitol Police Officers?

Comment

Originally posted by JH00 View Post
                            Please excuse me if this seems ignorant, but could you all explain some of the spots that you all have referred to by acronym? Also, if you have the time to spare, could you describe some of the actual positions/details available to U.S. Capitol Police Officers?
                            CVC---Capitol Visitors Center
                            C-Capitol
                            90% Security Work

Check out the Washington DC,Federal section of the board. Lots of Capitol Police info there that shows both the good and bad from different officers that work there.

I will say that many like the job and many hate it so take it for what it is worth and be prepared to hear good and negative things. Personally I like it for many reasons but my backround is different then many there now.I know many that like it there. I know many good guys that HATE it there and are trying to leave. I know many that HATE it there and REFUSE to leave( why,I don't know but not my problem--$$$ has alot to do with it) And lastly some are just miserable people in all aspects of their life and live to bitch,whine and complain about anything they can until another officer/official steps in and tells them to shut the F up which I have seen happen in my short time there.

There are oppurtunities to do many things if you are squared away and want to pursue it.

I am pretty sure the officers presently there and some that have left that are on this board would say that is a pretty accurate discription.

If you need specifics then PM me about it. Some info I will not post on a public board but many others might. To each their own.

Look at this way...Go do your 8 and skate( u figure that motto out yourself)
                            Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by GPOC View Post
                              CVC---Capitol Visitors Center
                              C-Capitol
                              90% Security Work

Check out the Washington DC,Federal section of the board. Lots of Capitol Police info there that shows both the good and bad from different officers that work there.

I will say that many like the job and many hate it so take it for what it is worth and be prepared to hear good and negative things. Personally I like it for many reasons but my backround is different then many there now.I know many that like it there. I know many good guys that HATE it there and are trying to leave. I know many that HATE it there and REFUSE to leave( why,I don't know but not my problem--$$$ has alot to do with it) And lastly some are just miserable people in all aspects of their life and live to bitch,whine and complain about anything they can until another officer/official steps in and tells them to shut the F up which I have seen happen in my short time there.

There are oppurtunities to do many things if you are squared away and want to pursue it.

I am pretty sure the officers presently there and some that have left that are on this board would say that is a pretty accurate discription.

If you need specifics then PM me about it. Some info I will not post on a public board but many others might. To each their own.

Look at this way...Go do your 8 and skate( u figure that motto out yourself)
                              Right on!
                              The Thin Blue Line!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6013 users online. 308 members and 5705 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X