Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

danger
    Forum Member
    danger From all my research you seemed to be the most knowledgeable. I just got picked up for TSA Canine handler and I have a few questions.

Do I get my dog at the school in Lackland or once I arrive to my assigned airport ?
    Do I get to go to FLETC before K9 school or is it just K9 school for me?
    Do I get to choose my dog?

Comment

You will get a dog at Lackland.
    K9 School
    No choosing dog. They ask you a few questions when class starts... like do you have kids etc and they try to pair you with what they believe to be the best dog for your situation.

Comment

Congrats guys. I'm surprised to hear they're hiring now with all that's going on, but at least some good news during these trying times

Comment

Do you also get the GOV at lackland?
        Or do we take our dog back to duty station in POV?

I live about 3 hours from Lackland so I was just going to drive there .

Comment

I just got referred to Los Angeles, Portland, and San Jose.
          Any tips for interview... or anything moving forward?

Comment

• 1day
            1day
            Forum Member
            1day commented
            Editing a comment
            Seriously, I've been waiting for almost 2 years. There's definitely luck involved & referrals don't always lead to interviews. However, best of luck

• Jake.G.A
            Jake.G.A
            Forum Member
            Jake.G.A commented
            Editing a comment
            cool thanks

• my93rx7tt
            my93rx7tt
            Forum Member
            my93rx7tt commented
            Editing a comment
            I was referred for Nashville recently. I would be surprised if they hire anyone from the outside. Although, you might get a shot at a big airport like LA.

• 1day
            1day
            Forum Member
            1day commented
            Editing a comment
            Honestly, I don't know why they make it so difficult. I understand about wanting to hire locally and what not, but if there's enough openings & a candidate is willing to relocate, then what's the difference?

Yes. Live within 30 miles of one of them.

Comment

Update* Heard back from Portland, and surprise surprise didn't get it. Oh well, on to the next rejection
            1day
            Forum Member
            Last edited by 1day; 02-05-2021, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I told you guys...

Comment

Been a while since I have seen any updates on here. I was just contacted today and accepted a EDC position at LGA. Any one else hear from any other airports?

Any tips on the medical/background check? Lackland? ETC.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Nothing, it's been pretty quiet on the new hire front. From what I can gather these airports are looking for handlers through the transfer route, at least my airport has. I guess they don't want to wait around for months while they train you...congratulations though

Comment

Another announcement. Closes on 08/08 or first 3500 applications.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608791600

Comment

Hate to sound pessimistic, but CCCSD is right, unless you already work at the hiring airport & they know you, or you're willing to go where no one else wants to go, your chances are slim. They're just replenishing the Ready Pool. Im going on over 2 years of waiting & there doesn't seem to be any end in sight
                      1day
                      Forum Member
                      Last edited by 1day; 07-30-2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I know my chances might be low but I applied anyways, I'm 9 miles away from one the Airports that were published in the latest job announcement.

Comment

Been a while since I replied to this thing. Staffing is low across TSA, my airport will be hiring 5 handlers soon off the most recent list. The perks of the job are great, but TSA is a hell of an agency to work for. If you are knowledgeable about security and take pride in your work then I would think twice before you sign up for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by danger View Post
                            If you are knowledgeable about security and take pride in your work then I would think twice before you sign up for the job.

I don't get it...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5116 users online. 270 members and 4846 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X