Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got referred for Orlando but received an email saying, " Although your resume was forwarded to the selecting official you were not selected for this position." No interview.

Comment

hotwings26
    Forum Member
    Last edited by hotwings26; 11-29-2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hotwings26 View Post
      I have a blue star for “selection decision” from an old posting, and a blue star for “referred” for the latest one. No movement in a while thiufh
      Crickets on my app. I have moved on to several other pipelines, not dwelling on any certain one as of now

Comment

Comment

Taking the CHAB on 11/20/2019. Anyone hear any news from the posting?
          dalan
          Forum Member
          Last edited by dalan; 11-20-2019, 08:35 PM.

Comment

I applied April 2019 nothing new for me.

Comment

Does anyone know if they have/need canines in Allentown, PA?

Comment

I don't even think THEY know. Going on almost a year of waiting

Comment

It seems to be exclusively internal candidates of TSA.

Comment

I told you all... just file and forget and move on. It ain’t going to happen for 99.9% of the applicants.

Comment

I'm currently in Law enforcement but our dept. does not have a canine unit so I was interested in TSA canine. Can you apply directly to become a Canine handler or do you have to be a TSA agent first? Also is anyone aware of any other agencies that may have a k9 unit that you can go directly into if hired? Thanks

Comment

You apply to the canine position. Then you forget about it since you won’t get hired because you are further than 30 miles from the airport, or some other reason.

Most LE agencies require you to put in a few years before you can put in for K9. I don’t know of any that would allow a direct, non K9 trained (or even K9 trained), hire.

You can enlist in the military and have a chance on being a handler directly.

Comment

• danger
                          danger
                          Forum Member
                          danger commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I was a direct hire, non-K9 trained. It happens, just probably not a the small airports.

From what I was told there's a nation wide hiring freeze & they need to
                        A. Figure things out budget wise &
                        B. Before your local airports begin to hire they will be looking for transfers from already established handlers.
                        So there's really no timetable. Like CCCSD has been saying, I was pretty much told to keep this on the back burner & continue applying for other jobs from someone in the know.
                        it really seems to be a matter of timing and luck.
                        1day
                        Forum Member
                        Last edited by 1day; 02-23-2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Oh ok I see. Thanks guys

Comment

People have been direct messaging me asking for advice and a lot of the same questions. I recently reviewed the resumes for the open K9 slot at my airport. Biggest piece of advice I would offer is work on your resume! If you're a TSO, don't write 5 pages on what a TSO does, everyone already knows. Instead sell yourself on why you're the TSO out of the other 500 TSOs that applied that should be selected. Same for the military/LEO with some or no K9 experience. There's a lot of you guys out there competing for the same position with identical looking resumes describing what an infantryman or cop does and what quals you have. Here is my tip, add a "Notable accomplishments" section on your resume and tell us about what you've accomplished going above and beyond your other TSO, LEO, or military peers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4569 users online. 298 members and 4271 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X