X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSA Canine Handler

how long is the training?

how is the job itself?

Around three months if I remember correctly. I could be wrong. Handlers I’ve interacted with love it. It is NOT an LEO slot.

Comment

I've also heard it's a good gig, to me if the whole carrying a gun and LEO thing is overrated at least as a federal police officer. If I got a gig like that I'd be happy as heck

Comment

It is a great gig. Walk a dog around an airport, train, take home car, and get paid a good amount of money. Don't have to worry about carrying a gun and gearing up for the day. Grab the tennis ball and you are good to go.

Comment

I applied... Maybe theyre going to be hiring more people off this announcement than in the past. The usual announcements typically show one or two vacancies at a specific location.

Comment

They are usually looking for handlers who already reside within 30 miles of the facility to be worked at.

Comment

• EOD_K9
              EOD_K9 commented
              Editing a comment
              From what the vacancy says it's 50 miles.

I'm in the DC area and applied to every airport they have for Florida. I refuse to stay in the DC area. If I get it great if not then 15 months I'll retire and still be in Florida

Comment

• EOD_K9
              EOD_K9 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you applied for the nationwide vacancy it states that you have to reside within 50 miles of the desired airport you will work at, OR if you are willing to relocate yourself within 50 miles of the desired airport. So, living out of state should not hurt your chances if you are willing to move yourself to FL.

It's a good gig. I'm a current handler. You can PM me if you have questions.
            Training is 3 months, although they have been doing a few 5 months courses.

Comment

I applied the second the announcement opened and I already have a valid CHAB score, so waiting on next steps. Has anyone gone past the second step in the process yet ? Mine is still a star and not a checkmark. waiting game.

Comment

Hello. For anyone on the job, what’s the day to day job like? What’s the schedule like typically? Top pay in the tristate area? Any overtime? Morale? How many are they looking to hire per location? Anything you can add would be helpful. Thank you

Comment

I got an invite to test and I'm doing it next week. Is there a study guide anywhere or is it similar to other federal agency standardized testing?

Comment

I lucked my way into testing as well.. no clue on the process beyond that lol

Comment

I’m on the next step after testing. After you take the test you’ll receive a checkmark if you’ve passed the test. If not you’ll be done. The test isn’t hard, I didn’t study and I don’t think you’ll need to. The test isn’t canine job related questions.

Comment

I'm on schedule for testing the last week of April, any heads up for the TEST?

Comment

• EOD_K9
                          EOD_K9 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It’s been a while since I’ve taken the test but I believe it was pretty basic stuff like writing and reading comprehension. It’s not hard at all.

I'm taking the written tomorrow. Is there no PAT or Poly for this?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3708 users online. 261 members and 3447 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X