300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSI 1811 direct hire opening in March ‘19

HSI is going to do another round of Direct Hires and I’m being told it drops this month (March)...for the record I work for HSI. If you want on as an 1811 and HSI is an interest of yours, reach out. Contact the recruiter and sell yourself, if you work with HSI as another fed or state and local and are interested, now is your chance. Looking for diverse backgrounds, looking for a LOT of people this opening, and this is a great opportunity to be hired in less than a year (or so is the hope). This is an amazing agency, all I can say is study....last year we lost most applicants to failing the written test.

How do we get in contact with a local recruiter, call our field office? Didnt see anything on the website. I was just talking to some HSI agents last week on a joint op, wish I knew this beforehand!

Comment

Get their name, call them, email them, reach out to them. Yeah you can get ahold of the recruiter at the local office. If they don’t have one just be up front with them and tell them who you are. You gotta sell yourself. Direct hire is to help fill voids with people who have what is needed. It’s on you to explain what you offer and why you should be hired.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks yeah the one group I didn't try and ask about jobs. Selling myself is easy, it's getting ahold of these guys that seems to be the issue. Appreciate it!

• ChiGuy1980
        ChiGuy1980 commented
        Editing a comment
        ifineed2 thanks for the information. I’m one of the applicants that failed the written exam last go around. Any word on how long you have to wait before taking it again?

• agent05
        agent05 commented
        Editing a comment
        CHiGUy... you have to wait one full year

• ChiGuy1980
        ChiGuy1980 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info agent05. Looks like I’ll have to wait until August.

Interested

Comment

Extremely interested

Comment

Any idea on specific areas theyre hiring for?

Comment

For those of us who have already been thru CITP, we just need to complete the HSI add on correct?

Comment

Yes, you only have to do the add on.

Chiguy You cannot test again until the one year mark, but you may be able to apply...I don’t know. I tell everyone to study their butts off. It’s not hard, BUT it is stuff you do NOT do everyday and it wrecks people. I always tell people to study for that test. It sucks.

MPC - everything. We need everything. Fresh blood. Detail oriented. Hungry.

Comment

• Tommy_V
                Tommy_V commented
                Editing a comment
                MotorT3531 what about failing border patrol poly?

• aspiring_fed
                aspiring_fed commented
                Editing a comment
                Tommy_V, as far as I know, you're good to apply. Expect to complete the ICE poly, though.

• MotorT3531
                MotorT3531 commented
                Editing a comment
                Tommy_V Border Patrol poly is a DHS poly. They will see and you will have to disclose it. 3 years after your last failed poly is the time frame.

• chipperjones
                chipperjones commented
                Editing a comment
                I love having to do something not everyone has to do and then being punished for that thing that not everyone had to do, nothing like a fair and transparent hiring process!

People from many different backgrounds have been picked up from the 2018 DH announcement, so if you're interested in HSI, apply. The worst they can say is no.

Comment

Originally posted by ifineed2 View Post
                Get their name, call them, email them, reach out to them. Yeah you can get ahold of the recruiter at the local office. If they don’t have one just be up front with them and tell them who you are. You gotta sell yourself. Direct hire is to help fill voids with people who have what is needed. It’s on you to explain what you offer and why you should be hired.
                I have a work colleague I used to work with that has now been with HSI for a few years. Would it be beneficial to reach out to him? What can he really do though? Can he forward my resume to a SAC? I'm just trying to figure out what he can do that would really help. Thanks.

Comment

Deleted ——
                  Last edited by Tommy_V; 03-04-2019, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Deleted...
                    Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-26-2019, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• nonotnow
                      nonotnow commented
                      Editing a comment
                      NYC or NY state?

• Tommy_V
                      Tommy_V commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Deleted....
                      Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-26-2019, 03:49 PM.

• nonotnow
                      nonotnow commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gotcha. Me too. I'm working on a contact now. We can swap if you'd like?

Deleted....
                    Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-26-2019, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Anyone have contact at a SAC near Ohio?

Comment

• DocHolidayFan
                      DocHolidayFan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Interested in Ohio SAC info as well, or a recruiter

• Trooperrunner
                      Trooperrunner commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Interested in Ohio as well

Originally posted by ifineed2 View Post
                    Yes, you only have to do the add on.

Chiguy You cannot test again until the one year mark, but you may be able to apply...I don’t know. I tell everyone to study their butts off. It’s not hard, BUT it is stuff you do NOT do everyday and it wrecks people. I always tell people to study for that test. It sucks.

MPC - everything. We need everything. Fresh blood. Detail oriented. Hungry.

I meant along the lines of geographic location

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10170 users online. 493 members and 9677 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X