Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFAV
    replied
    Got my medical waiver pass finally from the July 2016 hire announcement.... yes, Ive been in the process that long! Also got a letter from Honolulu HSI for this direct hire.... guess since I passed all my medical now, I can jump ship from the open announcement and go right to Hawaii direct hire lol.

Leave a comment:

• camtheman77
    replied
    Has anybody heard any updates who took the proctored test but didnt receive a phone call? I took the proctored and havent heard a peep since.

Leave a comment:

• Radio Raheem
    commented on 's reply
    If Chicago wasn't so COLD, then that would be my number three choice. Outside of New Orleans, Chicago and Baltimore are tied for best food, then it's New York. However, New York pizza is better ;- P

• CFAV
    commented on 's reply
    Basically people who find out travel 90% of the month isn't all it's cracked up to be... and the fact protection details trump all other investigative work flows. I might be speaking to the choir, but most don't know that the primary job of USSS is major finical crimes... all most see is the protective side. You could be working the case of the century and if they need you to guard a dumpster at a presidential rally...you're gonna get pulled from case work to guard that dumpster!

• Sheridan1
    commented on 's reply
    Yea I hear UD is bad, but apart from maybe the traveling and some boring protection details, it seems SA would be a pretty cool gig

• battlewagon
    commented on 's reply
    He's usss I believe so that pretty much answers that. Though one of my BFFs is there and loves it and will do his 25 there. And I have family who are USSS UD, supposedly the worst of the worst, and he is very happy there and will likely stay a long time. I think USSS gets a bad wrap, and the things that are objectively bad that SAs say are issues, are issues that exist in other agencies too. The travel is one of the big complaints you hear but I know OIG dudes who are on the road 50-75% of the month. So their issues aren't exclusive to the agency.
    Last edited by battlewagon; 09-28-2019, 03:53 PM.

• Sheridan1
    commented on 's reply
    Why do you want to leave where you're at for HSI?

• Lovetocamp
    replied
    Got offered Nor Cal and Chicago via email from the respective offices. Hell nah. Currently at another 1811 academy though so hoping all goes well here. No more BP for me!

My buddy for the Puerto Rico FO will have his PT test soon and he got told his offer would come in as soon as he passed it.

Leave a comment:

• CFAV
    commented on 's reply
    ....but I hear the tent cities are pretty cheap to live in lol.

• battlewagon
    commented on 's reply
    19K more wouldnt even begin to cover the increase in cost of living. Granted it is a little bit more since LEAP is calculated on the higher number, but yeah.

The $133,000 GS13 in SF would pay approximately $42,500 in taxes a year between federal and state and other taxes. That's about $90,500 after taxes.

The $110,000 GS13 in Jacksonville, FL would pay a little over $26,000 a year in taxes, netting around $83,700 after federal, state (none), and other taxes.

So basically you have a net pay increase of $7,000 in SF vs FL. And as anyone who doesn't live under a rock, your expenses just for housing alone will be A LOT more than $7,000 a year. You'd probably eat that different up in 3 months of housing in SF vs FL.

Not talking anyone out of SF or Cali, and these are just back of the napkin numbers, but something to consider. Obviously living would be much cheaper in other NorCal offices than SF proper, but there ya go.

• Gooby77
    commented on 's reply
    Got it too, passed on it for now. Not a sensible move for me at the moment

• CFAV
    commented on 's reply
    GS-13 start at $107k in San Fran, here in FL we start at $88k. I would lose all that "extra" money in taxes and cost of living. It's insane.

• Deadpker
    commented on 's reply
    Way too expensive?

• CFAV
    replied
    Got an email this weekend gauging interest in NorCal... no thanks on that one lol

Leave a comment:

• Tommy_V
    replied
    People on the other forum are claiming if you didn’t get a failure notice you passed.
    Last edited by Tommy_V; 09-07-2019, 11:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4939 users online. 182 members and 4757 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X