• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASecretSquirrel
    commented on 's reply
    Supposedly March.

• Frank020387
    replied
    Does anyone know when the new announcement drop?

Leave a comment:

• KobeBean3
    replied
    Anyone have contact recruiter numbers for east coast offices ? Philly ? New Jersey

Leave a comment:

• KYpoPo
    replied
    Anyone get the call recently? Within the last week or so? Besides ens of course

Leave a comment:

• BlessAllPeople
    replied
    Does anyone have/know how to get info on local recruiters? looking for Dallas. Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• ifineed2
    replied
    There is a slush to get the DH authority again, but the last thing they put out (2 weeks ago) was that they are losing it in April. Hopefully they get it back, it is great for a LOT of offices trying to get people for hard to fill locations. I’ll keep everyone updated.

Leave a comment:

• Mandony
    replied
    Anyone who contacted LA Office knows if they’re referred or not for this upcoming vacancy?

Leave a comment:

• specialagentblog
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed on the way the Direct Hire is generally completed but you truly are a minority of candidates in terms of success rate (congrats!). With a DH vacancy; if you compare a random application with one pre-vetted by a SAC mgmt. team; they (SAC Team) are more likely to go with their "preferred list" candidate. That does not mean the new random applicant has a *zero* chance, just that the same senior mgmt team is simply more likely to go with their selection...rather than take the time to interview an additional candidate. The SAC Offices are pushing this preferred candidate method internally so trying to fight it is an uphill battle. I do not discount your own experience, however, on average it will not be successful & is the less than optimal method. Perhaps you are in an AOR that did not develop a good list or is difficult to attract candidates; either way, applicants should generally strive to get fast tracked & pre-vetted to increase their odds of advancing; especially in the good locations!

Put it this way, if an office has 3 vacancies and they come up with 3 solid applicants they want hired....those three applications will get forwarded to HQ with the seal of approval from the ACTUAL SAC that is going to sign later their hiring paperwork...who do you think has a better chance? Those 3 applicants with the SAC seal of approval or the other 50 that apply? Only reason why I am pushing this method...not to be contentious in an online forum, but to simply give tips on the best methods for success. Congrats again btw!

-SA Blog
    Last edited by specialagentblog; 01-01-2021, 02:43 AM.

• Smilingsmokey
    replied
    Agreed. I was not preferred either. This is my third time applying to a DH announcement without being preferred. I’m not sure if there are

Leave a comment:

• KYpoPo
    replied
    While I will acknowledge SABlogs experience, I have to disagree. During direct hire announcements, previously referred candidates do have a faster hiring timeline, and stand to be hired more so than those who have not previously been vetted by offices. However there are plenty of people
    in the pipeline who were not preferred (just applied to the vacancy on USAJobs) that are in the hiring pipeline. Myself included.

Leave a comment:

• Bidstar
    commented on 's reply
    I did not know this about direct hiring announcements, I think is too late at this point but I will try contacting my local office.

• specialagentblog
    replied
    Frank020387,

Yes, the vacancy announcement will be open to the public on USA Jobs; HOWEVER, if you do not have a matching referral from your local HSI Office, you have little to no chance.....the current Direct Hire announcement is designed for the SAC Offices to select preferred candidates.

-SA Blog
    https://www.specialagents.org/
    Last edited by specialagentblog; 01-01-2021, 02:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Frank020387
    commented on 's reply
    Are these announcements open to the public on usajobs?

• specialagentblog
    replied
    The Direct Hire announcement is indeed now anticipated for First Quarter 2021. In reality, this process highly favors task force officers and investigators working joint cases with HSI. I personally forwarded the resume for a local detective who worked with me on a federal case. Not only did I forward the resume, I did an extensive write-up to senior mgmt and followed up until he got an interview. I highlighted his degree, investigative experience and fitness level as these items are of concern during screening....he is now one of our top preferred candidates and my senior mgmt. is similarly rooting for him.

-Special Agents Blog
    https://www.specialagents.org/

Leave a comment:

• Bidstar
    replied
    Originally posted by BlameToby31 View Post
    There is supposed to be a hiring announcement in January. It is usually nationwide.
    I hope it really happens fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5552 users online. 323 members and 5229 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X