300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Exbpa340 View Post

The announcement said that they would be looking at applications in the order received.
    That doesn't really mean much. "Considering" an applicant doesn't necessarily mean giving them a chance to test if they meet the minimum requirements. There's a reason they didn't shut down the announcement after the number of applicants they're planning to test applied.
    Last edited by Boot1811; 04-13-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• RVAhiker
      RVAhiker commented
      Editing a comment
      Great point, reviewed versus referral is the key difference here.

• Exbpa340
      Exbpa340 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am a current employee of this agency (other component) and not an applicant of this announcement (but a family member is). I understand how the government and this agency functions. This is a DHA so anything can happen but if you are qualified and applied early you will probably move along in the process before those that applied many hours after you. In the federal government it’s not always (actually it’s hardly ever) that the best qualified are hired.
      Last edited by Exbpa340; 04-13-2019, 01:04 PM.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Isnt your last comment the truth.

• Boot1811
      Boot1811 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exbpa340 I would say that whether one is a preferred applicant as determined by each SAC office has a lot more to do with an applicant's chances as opposed to time of application. But, you're right, who knows.

• People on the other forum are saying if we weren’t invited to an interview by now we are SOL

Comment

• Deadpker
      Deadpker commented
      Editing a comment
      The announcement been closed a total of 1 business days (and that day was a Friday).

I think some people may be jumping to conclusions...

• CFAV
      CFAV commented
      Editing a comment
      You don't interview until you've passed the agent exam. Unless you've already done that prior...

• Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post
    People on the other forum are saying if we weren’t invited to an interview by now we are SOL
    Yeah, that's total BS . I can't imagine the government working that fast. The ASAC I spoke with before the actual announcement said we'd set up an interview after everything has processed. He even called me as soon as the announcement went live. Interviews could be getting set up to jump the gun but why would a SAC office waste time if the applicant may not pass the test?

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon
      Why wouldn't you want the biggest pool possible? I didn't even move to the first step of the process over a year after I applied when I first applied year and years ago. Whether they say it or not, only so many people can go through the pipeline at once for any job, so 'will test a limited number of applicants at first' will be the case for any large hiring announcement job in the gov
      There are some agencies that work through the entire list of applicants. Screening the applications and then testing all those that qualified. These agencies usually don't post vacancies each year & the process may be very slow for applicants. Applicants many not hear anything 9-12 months after applying.

HSI had a Direct Hire announcement last year and only invited the first 1,000 qualified applicants for testing. If HSI wanted to, they could have contacted applicants off the previous Direct Hire announcement and schedule them for testing. The previous announcement even mentioned that applicants could be contacted if additional slots become available.
      Last edited by titoCA321; 04-14-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm confused. The quote in your post is not my post, it was yours on page 8. To which I replied:

"Why wouldn't you want the biggest pool possible? I didn't even move to the first step of the process over a year after I applied when I first applied year and years ago. Whether they say it or not, only so many people can go through the pipeline at once for any job, so 'will test a limited number of applicants at first' will be the case for any large hiring announcement job in the gov."

The question/post you quoted and are now answering is your own, with my name somehow thrown into it. Especially since my reply was a comment, which can't be quoted, meaning my name was manually typed. My training and experience as a Special Agent tells me tomfoolery is afoot.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
        Last edited by battlewagon; 04-14-2019, 12:51 PM.

• I spoke with my local Resident Agent in Charge (RAC) about hiring yesterday. He mentioned that some offices select candidates from a list, while others are assigned by HQ. Does anyone know which is more common?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post
        People on the other forum are saying if we weren’t invited to an interview by now we are SOL
        Factually incorrect. We haven’t even sent up the list of preferred candidates to HQ yet.

Comment

• titoCA321
          titoCA321 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the clarification.

• Originally posted by ifineed2 View Post

Factually incorrect. We haven’t even sent up the list of preferred candidates to HQ yet.
        Thanks ifineed2 , I appreciate all your help and support during this process.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon

I'm confused. The quote in your post is not my post, it was yours on page 8. To which I replied:

"Why wouldn't you want the biggest pool possible? I didn't even move to the first step of the process over a year after I applied when I first applied year and years ago. Whether they say it or not, only so many people can go through the pipeline at once for any job, so 'will test a limited number of applicants at first' will be the case for any large hiring announcement job in the gov."

The question/post you quoted and are now answering is your own, with my name somehow thrown into it. Especially since my reply was a comment, which can't be quoted, meaning my name was manually typed. My training and experience as a Special Agent tells me tomfoolery is afoot.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
          Sorry, my attempt was to reply to your posting, not my own. Apologies for the confusion. I'll correct the post.
          Last edited by titoCA321; 04-14-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            I wasn't being serious about the tomfoolery, all fun and games here. I was confused more than anything

• Originally posted by ifineed2 View Post

Thanks for the clarification. Could some field offices have sent the list of preferred candidates ahead of others?

Comment

• Would one have to take the tests before interviewing, in case they didn't pass?

Comment

• Originally posted by my93rx7tt View Post
              Would one have to take the tests before interviewing, in case they didn't pass?
              On the Direct Hire announcement, it mentions that the written test occurs before the interview.

Comment

• What's HSI's poly status? I know CBP's has a high fail rate, is HSI's pretty much the same?

Comment

• Well i missed this one, and the two agents i was talking to today just told me about it. anyone hear any rumors of the next one?

Comment

• Nieto2588
                    Nieto2588 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Probably sometime next year. These announcements have typically posted every year to year and a half.

• Originally posted by my93rx7tt View Post
                  Would one have to take the tests before interviewing, in case they didn't pass?
                  Some people who were hired from the last DHA didn't interview at all, so who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by titoCA321 View Post

Thanks for the clarification. Could some field offices have sent the list of preferred candidates ahead of others?
                    I’m sure, but I would just be guessing. I haven’t even heard of us being asked yet though...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9613 users online. 311 members and 9302 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X