• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illini372
    commented on 's reply
    Received it. Link also did not work.

• bondman007
    replied
    Anybody else who never received a Tentative Offer just get an email that they are still trying to fill certain locations and to fill out a survey based on your interest and preferred locations?
    The link to the survey didn't work so I just responded. More to follow I suppose!

Leave a comment:

• Abaddon
    commented on 's reply
    Winter_Patriot as soon as I graduate I plan to start at a local department first. Thanks for the info! and recentgrad11 thanks for posting that I'll apply and hope for the best

• recentgrad11
    commented on 's reply
    I applied to the Dec. 2019 announcement and graduated May 2020... As long as you will obtain your bachelors within 9 months you are eligible to apply

• Winter_Patriot
    commented on 's reply
    Some agencies, like AFOSI, specifically allow you to apply if you're expecting to have your BA/BS within 6-9 months of the application. It depends on the agency. Even if there's a decent chance you'll be not referred, you should still apply. The experience in writing cover letters, resumes, KSAs, etc. is invaluable. You'll get better and more competitive every time you apply. Be patient with the process though, it might take years to become an 1811. If I was starting over, I would have looked for local LE or other federal work (such as TSA) while positioning myself for an 1811 job.

• big_bob_69
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, if you plan on becoming a federal cop/special agent, be prepared to get good at applying to jobs...haha.

• Abaddon
    commented on 's reply
    I appreciate the response, big_bob_69 especially since I've heard it can take 2-3 times before you get hired I figure I'll give it a shot.

• big_bob_69
    commented on 's reply
    You should always apply. All they can say is no.

• Abaddon
    replied
    Hey everyone, I am a senior in college and met an HSI agent and he said they are planning for late March job announcement. He said I am eligible to apply as long as I will have my bachelors degree by the time I finished the application process. Does anyone know if that is true or not? Someone told me the same thing before so I applied for another 1811 position and was sent an email saying I was ineligible because I don't have a bachelors degree so I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• NYC1175
    commented on 's reply
    boconnor it'll be Direct Hire. They may or may not be losing DH authority after this next announcement and going to general announcements.

• boconnor
    replied
    NYC1175 is this for a general announcement or a direct hire?

Leave a comment:

• NYC1175
    commented on 's reply
    I'm hearing late March.

• NJLOCAL
    replied
    Does anyone have any insight on a possible March announcement?

Leave a comment:

• SDM8492
    commented on 's reply
    I was an NG intel analyst assigned to HSI for about a year. The new guy from the academy rolled in and started working cases. Obviously, these weren't huge super complex cases or anything. He also was passed around from case agent to case agent for various duties in order to gain more experience.

Like most 1811 agencies they have a lengthy OJT period which ensure they learn the various facets of the job and check the box.

Just my observation of 1 new agent in 1 HSI office over 6 years ago so take it with a grain of salt.

• DOTfed20
    replied
    After you start what kind of work are you doing? Filing papers? Ride alongs? Or the all time favorite studying policy and procedures?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2839 users online. 168 members and 2671 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X