Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently if you failed the test from 2018, you can’t take it again....

Comment

• RVAhiker
      RVAhiker commented
      Editing a comment
      I got no indication I failed them. I assume they would say you failed?

Name is now in the basket. Hopefully I made the cut this announcement

Comment

Sent my application in approximately 10 minutes afyer went live. Also, still in the "referred" status for the Deportation Officer DH posting from September 2018.

Comment

What location did everyone select? It’s kinda sucks that you can only pick one.

Comment

• EOD_K9
          EOD_K9 commented
          Editing a comment
          I chose Baltimore officer, how about you?

• 1RidgeRunner7
          1RidgeRunner7 commented
          Editing a comment
          EOD_K9 have you spoken to any in Baltimore?

Originally posted by DB9173 View Post
        You’re a jinx dude, just got an email about duty location error.

Comment

Originally posted by DB9173 View Post
          The real question is what duty location should we pick if we're hungry for the mission, we got a day to change duty locations after that error

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolidayFan View Post

The real question is what duty location should we pick if we're hungry for the mission, we got a day to change duty locations after that error
            Uhh i wouldnt change a thing if you remember what happened last year. People who updated their application later in the day or on another day got bumped to the back of the list and were never called to test.

Comment

Hi all! I applied for the announcement that came out today! I’m graduating college in May. I have a Criminal Justice degree with a minor in Psychology. I have held internships with the US Probation Office and IRS Criminal Investigations. I also speak fluent Russian; which is why I’m very interested in HSI! I decided to throw my resume out and see what happens. Do they hire recent grads, or should I wait a while and get relative experience? Let me hear your all’s advice!!

Comment

• Nieto2588
                Nieto2588 commented
                Editing a comment
                If it's a job you really want, ALWAYS apply. If you're not referred and contacted, then keep doing whatever is needed to gain experience. You won't know if you make the cut until they review your application/resume and make the determination. A lot of these 1811 gigs are more a lottery than anything. Of course you need to meet the requirements, but it's not always the most competitive candidates that get hired.

• Sgt0844
                Sgt0844 commented
                Editing a comment
                You have the foreign language going for you as well as education. I cant tell these days what recruiters are looking for in new LEO's/1811's. My fiance was 23 and hired for a federal LE job with college and some state government work while I was 31 with everything from military to college to corrections experience and picked up as well. Like Nieto2588 said, "APPLY"

Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post

Uhh i wouldnt change a thing if you remember what happened last year. People who updated their application later in the day or on another day got bumped to the back of the list and were never called to test.
              I didn't apply last year. Thanks for the info, I was considering changing my duty location.

Comment

• Sorry for my delay, I’ve been working with some applicants and helping them with their resumes...been inundated. Any who, the DH is designed for people who a SAC office wants to pick up, so usually someone that already has a relationship with them. That’s not to say that you can get picked up for random offices....personally i’d Say the more random, the more likely you may get picked up. We have a few offices under us that people just don’t want to go to...because of that, I’ve got two recent college grads (under grads) that have said they’d go anywhere no questions...so it’s likely they could both get picked up for these types of remote locations. The best thing I can say is make contact with your local office...literally just call them.

Comment

• Andrew Alex
                  Andrew Alex commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the info! I am from Louisville, KY and I think our main field office is out of Chicago. I tried finding a number but they all led me to deportation stuff. Anyone know a good contact in the Chicago field office and Sub offices?

• Boot1811
                  Boot1811 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Andrew, have you tried the number here?

https://www.ice.gov/contact/hsi

• EOD_K9
                  EOD_K9 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dumb question, but call them and say what exactly? I applied and I live in the area and I'd love to work with your office? Not trying to be rude here, just honestly wouldn't know what to say.

• ifineed2
                  ifineed2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  EOD i’d Be prepared to sell yourself. What is your background, why are you calling, what are you bringing to the table, what kind of person are you, etc. The dh is actually your chance to be selected because you stand out. Not because your resume is done perfect to get referred higher.

• Does anyone have a list of the satellite offices under the responsibility of the SAC offices?
                OUT!!

Comment

• Fed_Chick_32
                  Fed_Chick_32 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The term your looking for is RAC or Resident Office. I found this with a quick Google search. It's a little hard to decode, but basically the bigger field office will list a SAC (Special Agent in Cahrge) and the Resident Offices that fall under each Field Office will list a RAIC (Resident Agent in Charge).

https://fusiontables.google.com/Data...hvnw#rows:id=1

• Radio Raheem
                  Radio Raheem commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you!

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There are also ASACs. And a few Resident Agents.

• Boot1811
                  Boot1811 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SAC offices (i.e., SAC LA) are the main offices. ASAC offices (i.e. ASAC Calexico under SAC San Diego) are smaller than SAC offices.. RAC offices, also under a SAC offices, are even smaller than ASAC offices.

• Primary Field Offices- https://www.ice.gov/contact/hsi

Comment

• Radio Raheem
                  Radio Raheem commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know the primary ones, but I would like to know if there are any in places that aren't on the list. Like I know there are HSI SAs in Laredo, yet Laredo is not listed as a primary field office. What Primary Field Office covers the states and cities not listed? Like with Border Patrol, the New Orleans Sector includes offices in Gulfport, MS and Mobile AL. Does anyone have that info?

• Nieto2588
                  Nieto2588 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I saw that but don’t have that info. Alex above asked about the Chicago field office.

• Originally posted by ifineed2 View Post
                Sorry for my delay, I’ve been working with some applicants and helping them with their resumes...been inundated. Any who, the DH is designed for people who a SAC office wants to pick up, so usually someone that already has a relationship with them. That’s not to say that you can get picked up for random offices....personally i’d Say the more random, the more likely you may get picked up. We have a few offices under us that people just don’t want to go to...because of that, I’ve got two recent college grads (under grads) that have said they’d go anywhere no questions...so it’s likely they could both get picked up for these types of remote locations. The best thing I can say is make contact with your local office...literally just call them.
                Is it worth applying if you don't know anyone from DHS at any of the field offices?

Comment

• Nieto2588
                  Nieto2588 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Absolutely. Knowing someone can make the process more tedious --depending on their position-- due to nepotism and other issues involved.

• Originally posted by titoCA321 View Post

Is it worth applying if you don't know anyone from DHS at any of the field offices?
                You’ll never get told you’ve been selected if you don’t apply.
                Sergeant, US Army 2004-2009
                Sergeant, Army National Guard 2009-2016
                The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post

You’ll never get told you’ve been selected if you don’t apply.
                  I think he means is it worth cold calling offices you didn't apply to.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10144 users online. 434 members and 9710 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X