Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone from 2019 application still waiting for EOD? Anyone from 2019 still waiting for poly, medical or PFT?

Comment

• B0J0B7
      B0J0B7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Tito. I completed my PFT on the 15th of this month. I know from here & the other forum that some folks received an emailed survey for hard to fill locations, so it would make sense that additional offers will be coming.

• titoCA321
      titoCA321 commented
      Editing a comment
      Does everyone have to take poly or only some applicants. I already have current poly from both military and federal service but HSI wants another poly.

• Anyone have info or any gouge on the new test? Apparently, the math section is going away, being replaced by situational judgement.

Comment

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair enough. Do we know if HSI is still planning an announcement for this month?

• Badger99
      Badger99 commented
      Editing a comment
      In regards to the FBI Phase II written exam, it's just a standard generic writing prompt. Just write coherently with structure & logic, there's nothing complicated as long as you follow instructions.

• my93rx7tt
      my93rx7tt commented
      Editing a comment
      HSI was by far the most challenging of them all. Took USSS, USMS, and FBI.

• FutureFed1988
      FutureFed1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      USSS SAEE was the easiest. ATF and HSI were about the same.

• Can anyone comment on the PT Test? I've spent the last year cleaning up my diet and physically training, but it's still weighing on my mind. I test well, interview well, communicate well, but get in my own head sometimes with PT. It's dumb, but if I'm more mentally prepared, I'll be in better shape.

I'd like to know:
    -What is the correct form for the sit-ups on the PT test? Is it arms folded across chest, elbows to knees?
    -4in block under chest during push-ups?
    -In the field, after FLETC, is there an annual or semi-annual re-test?

Comment

• B0J0B7
      B0J0B7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, FutureFed. I just took the PFT earlier this week. When you receive the TSL, you'll be sent an applicant information booklet. I've looked for a copy of it online (that I'd thought I'd seen previously), but I can't seem to locate it now. Directly from the booklet:
      "Sit-ups measure muscular endurance of the abdominal musculature and trunk strength. This is a timed 1-minute exercise. Applicants must complete a minimum of 32 proper sit-ups, as outlined below, within the allotted time. The score is the number of sit-ups completed in 1 minute. Applicants lie on their back with the tops of their shoulder blades and buttocks touching the floor, arms held across the chest. The knees are bent at a 90-degree angle with the feet placed flat on the floor (Figure 1) (feet may be held in place by a partner with the partner’s hands at the tongue of the applicant’s shoes and/or knees on the applicant’s toes). Applicant raises his or her upper body until the base of the neck is in line with the base of the spine, back is perpendicular to the floor (Figure 2); the applicant then returns to the starting position (i.e., the tops of both shoulder blades must touch the floor) (Figure 1). The feet and buttocks must maintain contact with the floor and the arms held across the chest during the entire range of motion or the applicant will not receive credit for the repetition. Applicants may rest in the “up” (back is perpendicular to the floor) position but may not hold their legs. The exercise is stopped when time expires, the applicant rests in the down position, or the applicant is unable to continue. No restarts are authorized."

You'll have a 5 min break, then you'll begin the 220yd sprint. 5 min break. Then the push ups:

"Push-ups measure upper body strength and muscular endurance. This is a timed 1-minute exercise. The test involves performing as many push-ups as possible in 1 minute, using correct form. Applicants must complete a minimum of 22 push-ups within the allotted time. The test is started in the extended, or up, position (hands on the floor with the fingers faced forward and spaced one to two hand widths beyond the shoulders; elbows must be pointed away from the body, arms fully extended, body held straight with the feet no more than 3 inches apart and the toes touching the floor) (Figure 3). A completed push-up is defined as flexing the arms and lowering the body until the upper arms are at least parallel to the floor (straight line from the center axis of the elbow to the center axis of the shoulder) (Figure 4) and returning to the start position (Figure 3). The score is the number of push-ups completed in 1 minute. Applicants may rest in the start position (up position). The waist may raise or sag in the rest position, but the knees must remain rigid. The applicant must return to, and pause in, the correct starting position before starting the next repetition. If the applicant does not lower the body all the way to the point at which the upper arms are at least parallel to the floor or he or she fails to achieve full extension with the arms at the top, he or she will not receive credit for the repetition. If the applicant does not maintain the body straight by sagging the back (Figure 5) or raising the buttocks (Figure 6), he or she will not receive credit for the repetition. The exercise is stopped when time expires, the applicant raises either hand or foot from the ground, the applicant rests in the down position, or the knees bend at any point or touch the floor. No restarts are authorized."

Five min break and the 1.5 mile run begins. The run will be completed on an outdoor track, per the booklet standards.

Sorry if the formatting on this is still wild. Did my best pasting from the booklet. I can't get the box to expand larger on this computer. Hope this helps!

• jdpopo
      jdpopo commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't sweat it. If you can do the test easily on your own, you shouldn't have an issue. The agents that administered my test were very chill, and down to earth. I've heard this from others experiences as well.

One thing I did was to take the test twice in a row on my own a few times, one right after the other. If I was still passing on the second go, I felt fine about it. But don't cut it close. If you're only doing 25 push-ups, do them more often. You'll want to have a decent buffer in case some of them don't count. Same goes for the sit-ups. The run and sprint don't require form, but it's wise to over-prepare for it.

As far as PFTs in the future, the agents I spoke with said you don't have to ever run again if you don't want to. No more fit testing after FLETC.

• Well is anyone hearing any updates from their recruiters or reliable sources about when the next entry level HSI announcement may drop? Also, the big question as to whether or not this is a Direct Hire or just a conventional announcement? Seems like the recruiters are a little more quiet leading up to this announcement than 2019 DH event. Could this be foreshadowing that they aren’t conducting a Direct Hire this go around? Thanks guys!

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      All I'm hearing is late March, so the best bet is to check USA Jobs regularly.

• Achiever1911
      Achiever1911 commented
      Editing a comment
      Late March/early April

• The HSI Direct Hire Announcement is still tentatively anticipated for early 2021. It is delayed to due to bureaucratic issues with OPM. The last announcement was capped at first 4K applicants. The new testing format with updated content is almost online and will include a Situational Judgement Test, Writing Test & removal of the math portion. Test prep guide is scheduled to be released prior to announcement. Detailed 3-5 page resumes are recommended by HR.

Other Hiring News: A DHS Only (GS-9), Female Only (GS-7/9) and general Entry Level (GS-7/9) announcement is expected for FY 2021.

SA Blog

www.specialagents.org

Comment

• specialagentblog
      specialagentblog commented
      Editing a comment
      The female only announcement is simply a tool to increase the number of female special agents; which have been stubbornly low despite several initiatives. It is NOT designed to deal with female subjects or children.

• cbp1363
      cbp1363 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you have passed the previous exam, do you have to take the new one?

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s interesting about a female only exam. Going to let my friend know about this, thanks for the updates sir.
      Last edited by Bidstar; 03-28-2021, 01:26 PM.

• jt1993
      jt1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any updates on if the announcement will be live this month? I've not seen the opening yet.

• Received Tentative Selection today.

Timeline so far has been:

Application was DH in December, 2019
    testing in February, 2020
    Telephonic interview in August, 2020 and apparently wasn't select? not sure
    Survey email received this month
    Last edited by wolfhunter91; 03-26-2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
      If you have passed the previous exam, do you have to take the new one?
      If you continue your hiring process under your original announcement; no, you will *not* need to retake the test.

If you apply to a *new* announcement & the new protocol is in place at that time; then yes, you will have to take a new exam.

-SA Blog
      www.specialagents.org

Comment

• Lateral NOR’s are out.

Comment

• August for next announcement.

Comment

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            August?? Damn, I guess I don’t mind more time to prepare for the physical test.

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            NYC1175 how you tailored your resume? Do you have a lot of experience under you belt? I don’t have much experience myself (just college and volunteer work) but I’m trying to make my resume good with what I have.
            Last edited by Bidstar; 04-02-2021, 02:18 PM.

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            Bidstar I have zero LE experience. I have close to 5 years civilian work experience plus I'm a veteran. I went to their page, looked for their desired competencies and worked them into my resume basically. It was the same federal resume format I used for other agencies but I just tailored it to the things HSI looks for.

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            Alright thanks NYC1175 Will start from there and see what happens.

• For the DH announcement? I just interviewed today at my local RO for the upcoming DH announcement.

Comment

• MID2Agent
            MID2Agent commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't understand...did you interview for a recent DH that closed or for a future DH (which is not clear if that is even a thing)?

• SFTB26
            SFTB26 commented
            Editing a comment
            For the DH announcement which was supposed to be in March and is currently postponed.

• MID2Agent
            MID2Agent commented
            Editing a comment
            That's interesting, but real good for you boss! Good luck with the rest of your process!

• Hey gang,

Thank you for all the wisdom & information. I've been a long time lurker, even before I bothered to create an account. This forum has taught me a lot, and I finally get to give back.

This was for the DEC 2019 DH announcement. I had no prior contact with any office/personnel in the AOR. To help with others' timeline expectations:

mid DEC19: Application submitted
          mid JAN20: Notification to complete online assessments
          early FEB20: Notice to schedule the proctored exam (Special Agent Test Battery)
          mid MAR20: Notice of test results (SATB) - roughly two weeks after test completion
          late JUN20: Notice of Referral Status
          mid SEP20: Email from the ASAC of the area I had selected; same day telephonic interview
          early OCT20: Tentative Offer
          mid OCT20: SF86 (eQIP) email
          late OCT20: Medical scheduling emails
          early MAR21: Calls to schedule meeting with Background Investigator & schedule PFT
          mid MAR21: PFT
          02 & 05APR21: Final Offer Call (HR left voicemail on the 2nd as I did not have my phone with me. Returned call after they had left for the day.)
          mid JUN21: EOD

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you have to take a poly for your current TS? I have a TS-SCI but have never taken a poly, wondering if I'd need to take one for HSI.

• B0J0B7
            B0J0B7 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have taken (& passed) a poly in the past, but not for this one. I should clarify, my assumption is due to my current clearance, but I don't know the reason definitively.

• ChiGuy1980
            ChiGuy1980 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats! What AOR are you heading to?

• B0J0B7
            B0J0B7 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ll be heading to FL.

• I got a TO a couple weeks ago and was sent the eqip info. I’m entirely unsure of where I was selected to work. There is a location on the eqip but didn’t know if that’s the place I was selected or is that just where the recruiting agency is?

Comment

• What is going on with HSI? I thought they were supposed to have an entry level direct hire in March? This is crazy

Comment

• cmor5150
              cmor5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              Word on the street is it was pushed to august

• Yak
              Yak commented
              Editing a comment
              I was told by a current agent a couple weeks ago that the only thing set in stone is the female only hiring announcement. I just spoke with a recruiter last Friday and she said nothing is really set in stone yet for the direct hire either. That's two people with HSI, one from Philly and the other Tamapa, who have no word on specifics. With what others have been told along with myself, it looks like it's not going to be anytime soon.

• dark321
              dark321 commented
              Editing a comment
              wtf is female only hiring

• Could someone explain what sflr is?

Comment

• BulkheadBobby
              BulkheadBobby commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by BulkheadBobby; 05-03-2021, 10:03 PM.

• TFO9871
              TFO9871 commented
              Editing a comment
              Self funded lateral reassignment. It's for current HSI 1811's looking to transfer to another office at their own expense after working at least three years at their current duty station.

• NJLOCAL
              NJLOCAL commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you TFO9871

• Female only announcement dropping very very soon for all the ladies waiting. Can't stress the "very soon" enough.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4153 users online. 262 members and 3891 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X