Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently had the good fortune of interviewing legendary undercover agent Robert Mazur (retired). He is the author of the book, "The Infiltrator," with a movie by the same name (starring Bryan Cranston). His work to take down a corrupt bank and put 75+ people in jail (both narcos & corrupt bank officials) is above and beyond the call of duty. He is also recently starting to do undercover training for HSI.

https://www.specialagents.org/

-SA Blog

Comment

• Just got the call. They offered me start dates of March 28-April 25 (PPs 8-10). I took the earliest.

Lots of calls are going out on the other forum as well. If you're waiting, it may not be much longer.

Comment

• Did they mention anything about academy dates? Or are you going straight to the academy?

Comment

• jdpopo
          jdpopo commented
          Editing a comment
          No mention of academy dates. I doubt anyone really knows that. I'll start at the office doing busy work I assume until I go to FLETC

• After you start what kind of work are you doing? Filing papers? Ride alongs? Or the all time favorite studying policy and procedures?

Comment

• SDM8492
          SDM8492 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was an NG intel analyst assigned to HSI for about a year. The new guy from the academy rolled in and started working cases. Obviously, these weren't huge super complex cases or anything. He also was passed around from case agent to case agent for various duties in order to gain more experience.

Like most 1811 agencies they have a lengthy OJT period which ensure they learn the various facets of the job and check the box.

Just my observation of 1 new agent in 1 HSI office over 6 years ago so take it with a grain of salt.

• Does anyone have any insight on a possible March announcement?

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm hearing late March.

• NYC1175 is this for a general announcement or a direct hire?

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          boconnor it'll be Direct Hire. They may or may not be losing DH authority after this next announcement and going to general announcements.

• Hey everyone, I am a senior in college and met an HSI agent and he said they are planning for late March job announcement. He said I am eligible to apply as long as I will have my bachelors degree by the time I finished the application process. Does anyone know if that is true or not? Someone told me the same thing before so I applied for another 1811 position and was sent an email saying I was ineligible because I don't have a bachelors degree so I'm not sure.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Some agencies, like AFOSI, specifically allow you to apply if you're expecting to have your BA/BS within 6-9 months of the application. It depends on the agency. Even if there's a decent chance you'll be not referred, you should still apply. The experience in writing cover letters, resumes, KSAs, etc. is invaluable. You'll get better and more competitive every time you apply. Be patient with the process though, it might take years to become an 1811. If I was starting over, I would have looked for local LE or other federal work (such as TSA) while positioning myself for an 1811 job.

• recentgrad11
          recentgrad11 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied to the Dec. 2019 announcement and graduated May 2020... As long as you will obtain your bachelors within 9 months you are eligible to apply

• Abaddon
          Abaddon commented
          Editing a comment
          Winter_Patriot as soon as I graduate I plan to start at a local department first. Thanks for the info! and recentgrad11 thanks for posting that I'll apply and hope for the best

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m also a senior in college too and I will be finishing my degree in December of this year and I will apply too, worse thing they can say is no just apply and don’t think about it. Let them say no to you there is always that chance that they can call you that otherwise you wouldn’t get if you didn’t apply.

• Anybody else who never received a Tentative Offer just get an email that they are still trying to fill certain locations and to fill out a survey based on your interest and preferred locations?
        The link to the survey didn't work so I just responded. More to follow I suppose!

Comment

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you guys get a working link please let me know as well. Link didn’t work.

• bondman007
          bondman007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got a response. They're aware of the issue, and when it's fixed they'll blast out another mass message with it.

• bondman007
          bondman007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Also it seems like it works on Gov computers, so if you have access one, try it on there.

• bondman007
          bondman007 commented
          Editing a comment
          New link is out!

• Good Evening, For any of you that received the survey for the locations still needed to be filled, did you just complete the survey followed by being directed to another web page basically asking to make an account?

If so is the survey still completed without having an account made? Any information would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by specialagentblog View Post
          I recently had the good fortune of interviewing legendary undercover agent Robert Mazur (retired). He is the author of the book, "The Infiltrator," with a movie by the same name (starring Bryan Cranston). His work to take down a corrupt bank and put 75+ people in jail (both narcos & corrupt bank officials) is above and beyond the call of duty. He is also recently starting to do undercover training for HSI.

https://www.specialagents.org/

-SA Blog

Comment

• Hi there everyone, I apologize in advance I’m new to forum and was wondering how can I get in contact with a recruiter I tried to go through the website but all there was, was phone numbers is there. Is there info session to attend like ATF,USMS or is this just strictly USAJOBS only? Thank you in advance

Comment

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              I searched high and low and I can only find phone numbers and fax numbers for the SAC (in my area at least). Next announcement will be at the end of the month and it'll be on USA Jobs.

• txhorns2124
              txhorns2124 commented
              Editing a comment
              info session was today for ATF for HOU FO.

• Anthropologist
              Anthropologist commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm really hoping for luck with the upcoming announcement. HSI is high on my list of preferred agencies to work for as an 1811.

• jdpopo
              jdpopo commented
              Editing a comment
              BigZ152 Find the nearest office, get in a suit, and go introduce yourself. Take a copy of your resume. I didn't do this myself, as I got lucky. But I've seen this said by many others on this thread. The general recruiter numbers just always seemed to go to voicemail and no one ever calls back. Good luck

• That's what I found as well; by any chance, for when you or previous others applied, is it just GS-7, or is there GS-5 as well?

Comment

• Forester87
              Forester87 commented
              Editing a comment
              GS-5 for a HSI 1811 position? Lol. I really doubt that would happen. Possibly a 7 or more likely a 9 would be my guess.

• izamsilas
              izamsilas commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi, I started out with ICE (well, hired by USCS but whatever) as a GS-5. I haven't seen a GS-5 posting in eons. That said, you found the numbers for the SAC offices. What happened when you called and asked to speak with a recruiter?

• Smilingsmokey
              Smilingsmokey commented
              Editing a comment
              Izamsilas, if you don’t mind sharing where are you now? And was there a specific reason you left ICE? In the process with them and haven’t heard much bad about them.

• FNG41YR
              FNG41YR commented
              Editing a comment
              @smiling depends what component of ICE you get on with. HSI or ERO

• Foster that’s what i said but I’m currently a recent graduate and I am being considered for a GS5 with USMS and ATF and I was just wondering if HSI had the same considerations as these agencies lol

Comment

• Smilingsmokey
              Smilingsmokey commented
              Editing a comment
              To my knowledge for the past three years or so all I’ve seen is direct hire announcements that were GS 7/9

• FNG41YR
              FNG41YR commented
              Editing a comment
              HSI announcements are usually 7/9 unless it’s a lateral announcement

• What does the hiring process look like so far in 2021? Does anyone know at what point they schedule the PT test after the interview?

I ask because I'm being considered for an office halfway across the country, and I'm coming off an injury. Working through PT now, hoping I'm back to my goals soon here.

Comment

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              I can only answer the PT part; it is done towards the end of the process as one of the final steps.

• Received the survey email last week and just received a call from the Nogales, AZ Office today. Very brief conversation but the process seems to be moving forward again for those who didn't receive a tentative job offer.

Update: Received calls from 2 more offices. They're saying this is a special program with an expedited process, more so than the Direct Hire process. Basically just reviewing resumes and selecting the which candidates they want to move forward to the background. One office indicated they might skip certain testing steps but wasn't sure which ones.
            Last edited by wolfhunter91; 03-15-2021, 11:58 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3996 users online. 237 members and 3759 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X