Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidstar
    commented on 's reply
    NYC1175 how you tailored your resume? Do you have a lot of experience under you belt? I don’t have much experience myself (just college and volunteer work) but I’m trying to make my resume good with what I have.
    Last edited by Bidstar; 04-02-2021, 02:18 PM.

• Bidstar
    commented on 's reply
    August?? Damn, I guess I don’t mind more time to prepare for the physical test.

• NYC1175
    commented on 's reply
    Word of advice folks, go online, get the fax numbers to the FOs you are interested in, and fax your resumes. I did this and got a few responses from recruiters wanting to set up a call. I'm hearing there will be few vacancies in the next DH, and as we all know, everyone and their mom is trying to get into HSI. Try to get your foot in the door early and get your name before the SAC at whatever office you are interested in.

• cmor5150
    commented on 's reply
    Are you saying they delayed the March DH announcement until August??! Source?

• BulkheadBobby
    replied
    August for next announcement.

Leave a comment:

• cbp1363
    replied
    Lateral NOR’s are out.

Leave a comment:

• jt1993
    commented on 's reply
    Any updates on if the announcement will be live this month? I've not seen the opening yet.

• Bidstar
    commented on 's reply
    That’s interesting about a female only exam. Going to let my friend know about this, thanks for the updates sir.
    Last edited by Bidstar; 03-28-2021, 01:26 PM.

• specialagentblog
    replied
    Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
    If you have passed the previous exam, do you have to take the new one?
    If you continue your hiring process under your original announcement; no, you will *not* need to retake the test.

If you apply to a *new* announcement & the new protocol is in place at that time; then yes, you will have to take a new exam.

-SA Blog
    www.specialagents.org

Leave a comment:

• wolfhunter91
    replied
    Received Tentative Selection today.

Timeline so far has been:

Application was DH in December, 2019
    testing in February, 2020
    Telephonic interview in August, 2020 and apparently wasn't select? not sure
    Survey email received this month
    Last edited by wolfhunter91; 03-26-2021, 03:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cbp1363
    commented on 's reply
    If you have passed the previous exam, do you have to take the new one?

• specialagentblog
    commented on 's reply
    The female only announcement is simply a tool to increase the number of female special agents; which have been stubbornly low despite several initiatives. It is NOT designed to deal with female subjects or children.

• Achiever1911
    commented on 's reply
    I don't believe they do.

• vc859
    commented on 's reply
    Just curious, do any of the other large 1811 agencies (i.e. FBI, DEA, ATF, USSS, USPIS etc) do female only announcements? I’ve rarely seen those outside of corrections settings and I imagine the other agencies I mentioned deal with females and children just as much as HSI

• specialagentblog
    replied
    The HSI Direct Hire Announcement is still tentatively anticipated for early 2021. It is delayed to due to bureaucratic issues with OPM. The last announcement was capped at first 4K applicants. The new testing format with updated content is almost online and will include a Situational Judgement Test, Writing Test & removal of the math portion. Test prep guide is scheduled to be released prior to announcement. Detailed 3-5 page resumes are recommended by HR.

Other Hiring News: A DHS Only (GS-9), Female Only (GS-7/9) and general Entry Level (GS-7/9) announcement is expected for FY 2021.

SA Blog

www.specialagents.org

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5520 users online. 320 members and 5200 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X