Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve completed medical and drug test, haven’t heard anything new since then. Back to some more waiting...

Comment

• Anyone have insight into the Calexico office? DM me if preferable!

Comment

• I got picked up on this Direct Hire.... I EOD'd earlier this month. No word on a FLETC date or anything like that. Ive been in the office every day just helping out where I can, and trying to be useful. Keep pushing forward guys!

Comment

• Smilingsmokey
          Smilingsmokey commented
          Editing a comment
          How long did your background take to complete?

• Moose225
          Moose225 commented
          Editing a comment
          No clue... they didnt really notify me that it was officially complete

• jdpopo
          jdpopo commented
          Editing a comment
          Smilingsmokey For your reference: Mine took 4-5 weeks. They said mine was quick due to having lived in the same house and having the same job for the last 10yrs.
          The more phone calls and tracking down paperwork they have to do makes the process a bit longer.

• Ah ok that makes sense. Probably a little slower during holiday season also. Have you taken PT test? jdpopo

Comment

• Any idea when HSI will be hiring again? Do they do regional hiring?

Comment

• There is supposed to be a hiring announcement in January. It is usually nationwide.

Comment

• Badger99
              Badger99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is there a specific best way to apply for HSI? Will the next announcement be a standard USAjobs announcement or do you need to get in touch with a recruiter in your local/regional area? Thanks

• Just a heads up, I received an e-mail yesterday (Yes on a Sunday) scheduling my PT Test for this Tuesday (Tomorrow). Make sure you're checking your e-mail frequently!

Comment

• Smilingsmokey
              Smilingsmokey commented
              Editing a comment
              Were you ever notified your background or medical had cleared?

• ens189
              ens189 commented
              Editing a comment
              Never notified my background cleared. Also I'm a current DHS LEO and it appears they are accepting the background I did in 2018.

• FutureFed1988
              FutureFed1988 commented
              Editing a comment
              At what point in the hiring process did you do your PT? Some have said it's towards the end, before the final job offer, but with COVID and everything, others have stated it was much earlier than that--right after the interview and before medical.

• Hello everyone hope all is good. Can someone send me the HSI NYC recruit email. I know HSI is about to have a potential opening in January.

Comment

• BlameToby31
              BlameToby31 commented
              Editing a comment
              I would try calling the SAC office directly. That's how I've gotten in touch with a recruiter. As for the January announcement, it looks like that will not happen, due to the DH authority expiring in April. Also with the current CR and a possibility of a shutdown does not help.

• It goes to voicemail. And can’t find their email info!

Comment

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same issue here

• BlameToby31
              BlameToby31 commented
              Editing a comment
              Haven't tried NYC, some offices don't answer. The office I got preferred for, I got the email from calling the main office.

• Did they already told you that you’re preferred. I did one FaceTime interview/presentation with a west cost office, but they said we did not make any final decision yet on preferred candidates.

Comment

• BlameToby31
              BlameToby31 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I'd assume that every office does it differently. I initially contacted the recruiter and subsequently had a phone interview with a group supervisor and ASAC. After the interview was notified that I was selected as a preferred candidate for the next direct hire announcement (Whenever/If that happens).
              Last edited by BlameToby31; 12-09-2020, 01:32 PM. Reason: grammer

• txhorns2124
              txhorns2124 commented
              Editing a comment
              .... Deleted
              Last edited by txhorns2124; 12-10-2020, 11:43 AM.

• Does anyone know any recruiters in the Florida area? I tried calling the Tampa office, but no answer.

Comment

• ............... . . .
              Last edited by BulkheadBobby; 12-10-2020, 06:15 PM. Reason: wrong reply

Comment

• So bad news, looks like HSI will lose the DH authority in April, after that it’ll be back to national announcements. They stated they’ll likely hire as quick as they can before that April date...but I don’t know what that means.

Comment

• cmor5150
                  cmor5150 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are they still anticipating having another direct hire posting next month (Jan)? I finally just spoke to a recruiter and was told I would be set up to be preferred for my dream SAC

• NYC1175
                  NYC1175 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  cmor5150, did you just cold call your local SAC? I tried this and it goes to voicemail.

• cmor5150
                  cmor5150 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No I work within the AOR so was introduced to the recruiter by a colleague. I’ve been referred three years in a row now for this SAC and never got picked, so hopefully it’ll work for me this time.

• NYC1175
                  NYC1175 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  cmor5150, this is why I'm wondering why DH going away is a bad thing. It seems an open announcement is generally more beneficial for anyone interested in being a C.I. with HSI.

• Received my call yesterday was offered a location in New Mexico and a EOD date of 2/28. Took the PFT on 12/8.

Comment

• Congrats!! Any idea when you’ll be scheduled for fletc? I’m sure I’ll be called right after you (sarcasm)

Comment

• ens189
                    ens189 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No clue yet, but I hope you'll be there soon!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4552 users online. 280 members and 4272 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X