Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone on delphi said their nonpreferred friend was contacted by an office today!

Comment

• Rascon3Romeo
      That statement has nothing to do with being preferred or non preferred. That statement applies to all direct hire announcements. Preferred means your resume was sent beforehand to a selecting official, usually a SAC, and they picked you as prescreened candidate to apply to an exclusive hiring announcement for preferred candidates only. Your selection is only for that SAC location or an office within the SAC. If you pass the test you'll be given a tentative offer from that location. You still have to pass all the steps just like anyone else (non preferred). They can waive the interview under the Direct Hire and you may be subjected to a polygraph. HSI hasn't fully implemented the program so it's still case-by-case. Non preferred who pass the initial application screening and written test are placed on a cert list which is distributed to the SAC indicated on your application. The list can also go to other offices looking to fill additional vacancies. Selections may or may not be made from that list.
      ​​​

Comment

• Rascon3Romeo
        Rascon3Romeo commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahh. Ok. I was thinking preferred in reference to veterans preference. That makes more sense.

• I was called by an office last night. They asked if I was interested in working there and an informal q&a about my experience. Definitely has me excited

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Preferred or non-preferred?

• jdpopo
        jdpopo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I'm interested to hear as well. I assumed with everything going on it was kinda over.

• KYpoPo
        KYpoPo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I’m non-preferred. It wasn’t an offer, just to see if I was interested in going there (I absolutely was)

• boconnor
        boconnor commented
        Editing a comment
        Which office if you don't mind? If you don't wanna share pm me please

• Thats awesome brother. Gives me hope for the rest of us non-preferred. Keep us posted!

Comment

• KYpoPo the call you described is exactly how I was hired minus any questions about my background. Literally asked if I would be willing to work at that location, I said yes, then received a formal offer a few weeks later. The rest is history. Not telling you it's a guarantee, just sharing my experience.
        Last edited by TFO9871; 08-16-2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• FutureFed1988
          FutureFed1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is so interesting. A friend of mine applied a vacancy or two before me, and started getting calls this past week/weekend (call from a SAC on a Saturday, interestingly enough) from offices that he received a survey about just a week or two ago. This sounds so informal compared to what I've heard about other agencies.

Hoping I get a call soon. Were any other parts of your hiring timeline out of order, or missing completely? Curious about all of the possibilities since it sounds like the timeline on their site isn't happening 100%.

• Received an email today saying I will be contacted to schedule my virtual interview for next week.

Comment

• jdpopo
          jdpopo commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome! Congratulations. Were you contacted by phone prior to receiving the email?

• Would you guys/gals mind posting locations??

Comment

• RJflyer
          RJflyer commented
          Editing a comment
          El Paso reached out to me today. I've already accepted an offer for another agency, so I turned it down

• Anyone know recruiter contact information for the Washington DC office?

Comment

• Taco_loco
          Taco_loco commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you ever find out?

• non preferred with a low eligibility rating (76). hopes arent high

Comment

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. Does that self rating really mean anything?

• alphawhiskey06
          alphawhiskey06 commented
          Editing a comment
          Let’s hope not, 78 here lol.

• jdpopo
          jdpopo commented
          Editing a comment
          If you got a referral notice I wouldn't worry about it. I got a 96 and no one is blowing up my phone..

• Just received an email today from El Paso, TX asking if I was still interested in moving forward. My timeline as follows so far

Dec. 2019-application
        Jan. or Feb. 2020- Special Agent Test Battery
        Mar. 2020- Notified of passing score
        Jun. 2020- Notified I was referred to hiring manager.
        Aug. 2020- contacted by field office

Does anyone know how long this process usually takes or if the virus/election will delay this process?

Comment

• wolfhunter91
          wolfhunter91 commented
          Editing a comment
          it was a random email from an office.

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotcha. Gives me hope.

• fedski
          fedski commented
          Editing a comment
          Were you preferred?
          I’m non preferred with the exact same timeline. Haven’t been contacted yet.

• wolfhunter91
          wolfhunter91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Non preferred. Wish i knew how to be preferred

• Anyword on when a new job announcement will come out?

Comment

• Originally posted by NJLOCAL View Post
          Anyword on when a new job announcement will come out?
          Would like to know about that too.

Comment

• Received an e-mail with five locations today and asking if I was still interested.

El Paso.

Comment

• titoCA321
              titoCA321 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you non-preferred or preferred?

• ens189
              ens189 commented
              Editing a comment
              Non-Preferred.

• Does anyone know if San Diego will be picking up any non-preferred candidates?

Comment

• Today I completed a interview via webcam with members of an East Coast field office and was informed the interview was for that field office and only that field office. During the application process, this particular office was the only one I selected and interested in working out of.

I'm not sure if it was a direct hire interview but I'm hopeful as I want to stay in the area.

Current federal LEO with a 4 year degree.

Best of luck to those in the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4550 users online. 274 members and 4276 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X