300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdpopo View Post
    There is a study guide on Amazon. The cover sure looks like the free study guide on the HSI website. Anyone get sucked into buying it only to find out it's free? Or is it legit?
    Lmao this is the DHS study guide word for word, a counterfeit. Doesn't hsi deal with counterfeit

Comment

• So I take the proctored test this week. Do you get a pass/fail right after you take it?

Comment

• boconnor
        boconnor commented
        Editing a comment
        RJflyer did you study for it? Or was it like most others you've taken?

• RJflyer
        RJflyer commented
        Editing a comment
        boconnor I looked over the study guide on the HSI website. Its pretty comprehensive and I didn't feel like there were any surprises on the actual test. If you're comfortable with the types of questions on the study guide, then the exam shouldn't be difficult

• jdpopo
        jdpopo commented
        Editing a comment
        Is there an incentive to taking the test early? I scheduled mine for the end of the month for some time to go over the material.

• GenesisPure1
        GenesisPure1 commented
        Editing a comment
        jdpopo yes there is a benefit to testing early. I wouldn’t be with my current agency had I waited and not finished things faster. They closed hiring before I would have taken the medical. As a direct hire announcement the Office will start contacting people as soon as apps come in, meaning they could hire sooner than later...
        Last edited by GenesisPure1; 02-11-2020, 05:07 PM.

• No incentive for taking it early, study while you can. The incentive comes from passing it.

Comment

• jdpopo
        jdpopo commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy. The sample tests seem easy enough. Though having been in LE for 16yrs, it's been ages since I've taken such a test. Refresher time.

• Just took the test this morning. Took other entry exams like this before and passed them, have not gotten word on this one yet. Thought this was more difficult then others. Definitely freshen up on the material and good luck to all!

Comment

• Took the Special Agent Battery this morning. It’s the hardest entrance exam I’ve seen to date. I suggest looking at the study guide provided by ICE and googling similar type word problems as a refresher. Don’t ask or PM me about what’s on the test because they make you agree not to disclose it. The study guide is beneficial...

Comment

• Originally posted by GenesisPure1 View Post
        Took the Special Agent Battery this morning. It’s the hardest entrance exam I’ve seen to date. I suggest looking at the study guide provided by ICE and googling similar type word problems as a refresher. Don’t ask or PM me about what’s on the test because they make you agree not to disclose it. The study guide is beneficial...
        Harder than old FBI?

Comment

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          The FBI SA entrance exam wasn't that hard. Surprisingly, Customs was more of a challenge for me. Now the FBI Intelligence Analyst exam is extremely difficult.

• GenesisPure1
          GenesisPure1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Never took the FBI exam, don't have a degree

• Originally posted by dark321 View Post

Harder than old FBI?
        I took the FBI exam in 2018. HSI was harder in my opinion, but obviously that's subjective.

Comment

• Doom4287
          Doom4287 commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't recieved any emails other than the standard we recieved your application email back in December. I've been emailing the dsc contact and nothing. Is anyone else having this issue?

• Anyone have a good number for HR? I’ve been emailing them as well but still no responses.

Comment

• I don’t know that anyone that received the numerous emails has received a legitimate response yet.

Comment

• Anybody know if there will be an HSI announcement this year? If so when? thanks.

Comment

• HopefulBP
              HopefulBP commented
              Editing a comment
              From what a recruiter told me, it’s twice a year.

• Entrance Exam is no joke.

Comment

• GenesisPure1
              GenesisPure1 commented
              Editing a comment
              ens189 The test is for all those ‘old west’ style showdowns. You know, where a criminal squares off against you and challenges you to an arithmetic competition. “We calculate Pi at high noon you dog-faced pony soldier...”

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              When they send you to the border, you have to be able to eyeball all the seized contraband and quickly convert standard to metric.

• aspiring1811
              aspiring1811 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is there a dress code for taking this test? There was nothing on the email pertaining to the dress code and am not sure whether it is business attire, regular clothes, etc.. Thank you.

• titoCA321
              titoCA321 commented
              Editing a comment
              aspiring1811 No dress code for exam. You report to a testing center that administers all types of tests for different organizations.

• When do they usually tell you if you passed the exam?

Comment

• HopefulFed27
              HopefulFed27 commented
              Editing a comment
              For the April exam, they did not send anything official out saying you passed. People received emails letting them know they failed, but otherwise, you’ll only know you passed if you receive a TO or have offices start reaching out to you.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
              ShockTroopDevilDog commented
              Editing a comment
              One month or so after the last testing date.

• I took the proctored test on 02/12/2020. I haven’t heard anything back. I’m starting to think no news is good news. Can anyone who didn’t pass the test tell me how long it was before they notified you?

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
              ShockTroopDevilDog commented
              Editing a comment
              a month or so after the last testing date. that's typically when they start sending emails. you won't get anything before then.

• 04/19 applicant here. Just had my medical waiver approved. Anyone have any sense of how long from waiver approval to PFT?

Comment

• jdpopo
              jdpopo commented
              Editing a comment
              Not trying to get into your business but what did you need a waiver for? I'm slightly concerned about my hearing loss from the military. Curious if they'll disqualify me for it.

• 1811Applicant
              1811Applicant commented
              Editing a comment
              jdpopo, sent you a PM.

• Just completed the exam 15 mins ago. Math I feel I did well on, the grammar section I did fine with but the middle section of the “validly conclude” and “cannot conclude” section was very challenging for me.

Any guess when we can expect results?!

Comment

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              FEDDI - thank you brotha

• 1811Applicant
              1811Applicant commented
              Editing a comment
              You may not hear anything, but you'll know you passed when you get a TO. I took the proctored for the 4/19 announcement and never heard anything about my results until I got the offer. I also received a notification shortly before the offer that said something to the effect of "your application is complete."

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              1811Applicant - that is awesome, thank you sir! How long does the TO take to receive, 2-4 weeks from my 2/27 test date?

• 1811Applicant
              1811Applicant commented
              Editing a comment
              I took my proctored assessment on 06/01 and got my TO on 10/22, but the timeline for this announcement may be different. I've heard TOs are going out in March.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7508 users online. 408 members and 7100 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X