Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The individuals that got their results back, were you a preferred candidate?

Comment

• 1811Applicant
      1811Applicant commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a preferred and I received an email saying my results from the 04/19 announcement were being applied to the December announcement. All of the forum posts I've seen tonight re: results have been by preferred candidates. Looks like those notifications are going out first.

• Bentley32
      Bentley32 commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you know if you were a preferred candidate? I looked back at my emails and did not see anything regarding that.

• jdpopo
      jdpopo commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I guess that confirms I'm not a preferred candidate..... :-/

• 1811Applicant
      1811Applicant commented
      Editing a comment
      If you applied through a private link that was emailed to you, you're preferred.

• I’m preferred and haven’t heard yet. That must not be true.

Comment

• 1811Applicant
      1811Applicant commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have scores carrying over, or did you take the assessments for the first time under the December announcement?

• Redskins3
      Redskins3 commented
      Editing a comment
      1811Applicant first time tester.

• Just got the failure results. Sort of had a feeling because of the math portion. Good luck to the rest of you

Comment

• Preferred candidate. Passing results received yesterday. Per the email my scores were used from my 2018-2019 entrance exam for those DHs.

Comment

• I am not preferred but I just received notice that I passed the exam as well.
        Last edited by Bentley32; 03-12-2020, 05:33 PM. Reason: Definitely not preferred. Thanks for clarification.

Comment

• Moose225
          Moose225 commented
          Editing a comment
          To be a "preferred" candidate you had to apply to a separate USAJobs link that was emailed directly to you by the SAC Office. So if you didnt apply to a private announcement, then youd be in the general hire pool. Not that there has been any real differences up to this point....

• RJflyer
          RJflyer commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. Non preference and this was my first attempt at the exam, so no previous scores to carry over.

• Anyone have an idea how long before the peasants hear about spots?

Comment

• 1811Applicant
          1811Applicant commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you mean?

• jdpopo
          jdpopo commented
          Editing a comment
          Joking as to those of us non-preferred :-) ...

Looks like there are some who are hearing back. Good news.

• Just got my notification. Passed my exam as well. Non-preferred candidate.

Comment

• 1811Applicant
          1811Applicant commented
          Editing a comment
          Interview, TO, drug test/medical (including follow-up and waiver request, if needed), polygraph, background, PFT--In that order, I believe. If you get through all that, EOD then academy.

• cbp1363
          cbp1363 commented
          Editing a comment
          According to HSI’s website, the structure interview is omitted for DH announcements.

• jdpopo
          jdpopo commented
          Editing a comment
          Non-preferred as well. Got notified I passed

• 1811Applicant
          1811Applicant commented
          Editing a comment
          Structured interview perhaps, but folks may be interviewed by phone.

• Non-preferred, notified I passed today.

Comment

• boconnor
          boconnor commented
          Editing a comment
          Got the email last night

• We have reached the point that ifineed2 projected with his timeline. Any updates now on when TOs and such will be going out?

Comment

• Also Non-preferred Candidate here who took April DH Tests. Never got any feedback from that DH, turns out I passed it and was notified for this announcement that those test score would be transferred over last night.

Comment

• Got my email on 03/12/2020 for the February 2020 proctored test. It doesn’t say preferred or non-preferred. Says I’ll be notified in a separate email as to if I’m qualified for the position.

Comment

• Black Ops
              Black Ops commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm pretty sure it wouldn't say "non-preferred" candidate. Lol

• Anyone get a TO yet or know when TOs are coming? Heard it was supposed to be this week

Comment

• jdpopo
              jdpopo commented
              Editing a comment
              Somehow I get the feeling the timeline is going to be delayed with all this panic.....

• thebluejay
              thebluejay commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately I think you are right

• I just got offered to take an entrance exam for another agency. They’re Doj, but seems like they are still processing people. Also, basic academies haven’t been Cancelled at fletc yet, so maybe some hope.

Comment

• thebluejay
              thebluejay commented
              Editing a comment
              I got offered to take the SAEE for the secret service but all the testing centers are closed so im expecting an updated email from them..hopefully..maybe

• All FLETC training has ceased as of Friday the 20th. This will def push things back for everyone, not just HSI

Comment

• Justwaiting22
              Justwaiting22 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow. Good information and I’m sure other agencies will follow.

• Supposedly the SAC’s are awaiting the eligibility list from HQ. The SAC’s will select who they want from the list and send it back to HQ. I speculate once HQ has the selections, they will forward tentative offers.

Comment

• jdpopo
              jdpopo commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea I'm curious how they make selections aside from the preferred candidate list. Is it your score on the test? Are the resume's scored and ranked? There almost has to be a way of sorting through candidates or a lot of good people will get overlooked.

• aspiring_1811
              aspiring_1811 commented
              Editing a comment
              The way it worked in the previous DH was preferred hires were basically auto-selected so long as they passed everything because the SAC already reviewed their resume and said "we want to hire this person". After that, the rest of the names are circulated and you may or may not get picked up based on need and availability. I don't believe score on the test plays a factor, it's simply a pass or fail. Resume's are reviewed but again, if you weren't preferred you may not even get looked at because the SAC has already made their picks from the preferred candidates. However, if preferred candidates fail the test, it opens slots.

• Bentley32
              Bentley32 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is this where your placement preference may come into play?

• aspiring_1811
              aspiring_1811 commented
              Editing a comment
              Bentley32 Absolutely. If you are a preferred candidate for a specific SAC, that SAC will likely tap you when they get the cert list and tell HR to issue you a TO. If you aren't preferred, you still can get picked up if they like your resume and the office doesn't already have a lot of preferred candidates they are attempting to pick up.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5821 users online. 291 members and 5530 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X