300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike_lowrey View Post
    What exactly can cause someone to fail the writing sample? Is it graded by computer or by an actual person? I feel as though I did fairly well, I expressed what they asked in detail and made sure to be punctual.
    Copy and paste will definitely make you fail
    grammatical and punctual errors
    failure to clearly express your answers succinctly

lot of things can cause you to score low or fail on a written exam.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      True, I thought it didn’t allow copy & paste.

• Can anyone recommend a recruiter who will actually respond if you call? I know where to find the SAC offices online, but I just don't want to waste time calling every single one just to get a response.

Comment

• MotorT3531
      MotorT3531 commented
      Editing a comment
      what do you need a recruiter for?

• A300!
      A300! commented
      Editing a comment
      Just want to ask some questions.

• Weird ask, but: Does anyone know what the contracted company is for the proctored exam? I need to know if I'll be traveling if I get the email to test. My local testing center can support PearsonVUE, but I couldn't conduct the FBI exam there - for example. This matters because I'm stationed overseas and flights aren't cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sapper92 View Post
      Weird ask, but: Does anyone know what the contracted company is for the proctored exam? I need to know if I'll be traveling if I get the email to test. My local testing center can support PearsonVUE, but I couldn't conduct the FBI exam there - for example. This matters because I'm stationed overseas and flights aren't cheap.
      I did one for a different agency at an Army Ed center in the pacific.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sapper92 View Post
        Weird ask, but: Does anyone know what the contracted company is for the proctored exam? I need to know if I'll be traveling if I get the email to test. My local testing center can support PearsonVUE, but I couldn't conduct the FBI exam there - for example. This matters because I'm stationed overseas and flights aren't cheap.
        I PM’d you bud

Comment

• Got the answer I was looking for, thanks everyone. And since I spammed this thread with selfish info that is irrelevant to most of you, here's a condensed timeline from the APR announcement that I got from reading this entire thread:

APR 09-11: Announcement posted
          MAY 02: Online Assessment emails went out (MAY 09 was the word that they started grading)
          May 17: Proctored Exam emails went out
          JUN 21: First round of TO's went out
          JUL 21 through SEP: TO's trickled in

I hope this saves some of you some time.

Comment

• So is it safe to say at this point if you haven't gotten the email for the assessment, you weren't selected? I do see the last post, but I am curious and I also sent two emails to the address listed on the announcement and still have not heard back.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              That's what happened to me last time (April). I was one of the last to apply, and I didn't get an invitation for the online assessment. This time I applied at like 6am on the first day of the December announcement, and I received an email for the online announcement.

• A300!
              A300! commented
              Editing a comment
              I appreciate your response. I can tell you though that I was not the last person to apply for this announcement as I applied on the 14th of December and it did not close until the 16th.

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              What day did it open?

• A300!
              A300! commented
              Editing a comment
              It opened on the 12th.

• Hello All,

Does anyone know if HSI will be hiring again in the near future? Thank you

Comment

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              So the announcement before the on in December was in April...so maybe April?

• Anybody have any idea what timeline is after taking the online assessment?

Comment

• FEDDI
              FEDDI commented
              Editing a comment
              I read somewhere (maybe earlier in this forum?) 2-3 weeks

• Sapper92
              Sapper92 commented
              Editing a comment
              I posted the previous timeline. 15 days.

• Just got another email to take another assessment. Any idea what this one might be? The email nor USA job says anything. I can't take the exam at this time so I didn't go forward with clicking the link. I already did the writing sample. The original job posting only said writing sample and then proctured exam.

Anyone else get this?

Comment

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              I logged on to ask the same question as well. I haven't opened the link.

• dark321
              dark321 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like they accidentally sent that email instead of the proctored exam invite

• MattyjayG
              MattyjayG commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here.

• boconnor
              boconnor commented
              Editing a comment
              I opened the link and it said I completed everything at this time. Hopefully I didn't screw it up

• Originally posted by dark321 View Post
            Looks like they accidentally sent that email instead of the proctored exam invite
            Cautiously optimistic about thinking the same

Comment

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              The thought crossed my mind as well.

• aspiring_1811
              aspiring_1811 commented
              Editing a comment
              It could be that the unproctored assessments have all been graded at this point but you never know with USAHire.

• Guys, I personally think they extended the date to FEB 27th because they didn’t have enough people complete the unproctored writing assessment. Just a thought...however we might be getting an email soon stating otherwise

Comment

• quick_turn
              quick_turn commented
              Editing a comment
              Disagree. That’s not logical. Add more than 30 days to the original due date for the first written assessment? Nah.

• VT2k15
              VT2k15 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well HR must’ve been very dumb founded to send a link out which when accessed “tells us we’ve completed everything”. So you tell me, you’ve been on here for a solid couple of months, you must be the expert we’ve all been waiting for.

• Received the same email. Clicked on link and it says I’ve completed it already. Where’s the guy that’s been keeping us updated that actually works for HSI? lol Maybe he can tell us. I forgot his screen name

Comment

• Originally posted by VT2k15 View Post
              Well HR must’ve been very dumb founded to send a link out which when accessed “tells us we’ve completed everything”. So you tell me, you’ve been on here for a solid couple of months, you must be the expert we’ve all been waiting for.
              Woah, woah, woah. If all goes well, we could all be working together in the future; Let’s try to keep bridges intact.

Applying my best wannabe investigator skills, I’d say on an announcement that took two tries, it is possible some things are out of whack. PLUS, a whole month to knock out a timed writing assessment from the comfort of one’s home is pretty nonsensical.

The online assessment generally comes with a deadline of a couple days. While the proctored assessment has a deadline about a month out (based on the last announcement timeline). Of course, trying to figure this all out is a fool’s errand; and I am hopeful that HSI said “you know what, let’s start testing more applicants” because I want all who applied to get a fair shake. Good luck all.
              Last edited by Sapper92; 01-29-2020, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alright2015 View Post
                Received the same email. Clicked on link and it says I’ve completed it already. Where’s the guy that’s been keeping us updated that actually works for HSI? lol Maybe he can tell us. I forgot his screen name
                For the December announcement:
                unproctored test 1/17 - 1/24
                notification to those who failed - 2/3 -
                proctored exam - 2/6 - 2/27
                notification 3/9
                theres also some time built in for delays.

this gets you caught up.

Comment

• aspiring_1811
                  aspiring_1811 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So basically TO's won't be going out until end of February/early March then?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12912 users online. 258 members and 12654 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X