300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FEDDI View Post
    Got a call already from this announcement. Keep your phones close!
    Where’d the call come from and what time did you submit?

Comment

• FEDDI
      FEDDI commented
      Editing a comment
      jwnagle , submitted at approx 1530 est. call from an office in the AOR I put as preference. I’m not gonna post my location tho.

• Call was about them being interested in your candidacy?
    got to be little bit more specific.
    Last edited by Theout; 12-13-2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Hello I’m new to this HSI chat I’m currently in the process for Cbp 19-2 . I am waiting for my background to clear and to take my drug test. I applied to HSI early, I was wondering if anything would cross over like the polygraph or any of the background information or would I have to do everything all over?

Comment

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted, see below.

• Angelcaro
        Angelcaro commented
        Editing a comment
        Im 19-10 currently doing my background met the investigator twice already,

Im also new to HSI

• Originally posted by MattyjayG View Post
      Hello I’m new to this HSI chat I’m currently in the process for Cbp 19-2 . I am waiting for my background to clear and to take my drug test. I applied to HSI early, I was wondering if anything would cross over like the polygraph or any of the background information or would I have to do everything all over?
      This exact Q was asked a few pages ago. I recommend going to maybe page 20 and reading forward. Lots of good info.

The short answer is some but not much. DHS generally accepts other DHS polys as equivalent. For example if you pass a USSS UD poly and go Customs, CBP will accept it. Since polys are pretty new to ICE, we will see, but I imagine they will. Conversely, failing one will be looked at by another agency, but is not an automatic DQ. I had someone I recruited for Border Patrol fail the poly, I then directed them to USSS UD, and six months later they passed the USSS poly and were hired.

HSI is currently accepting CBP background, though with how backed up CBP BIs are, most candidates are going to the customs academy with provisional clearances, meaning the BI and your clearance is not finalized. So odds are if you haven't been hired by CBP yet, you wouldn't have a successfully adjudicated BI to be accepted by HSI.

Medical, tests, oral boards, etc will not carry over to HSI.

Short answer: BI, yes, if you have one at the proper clearance level, and poly, maybe/probably.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Just threw my application in the pile. I'm pretty far along with other agencies, but it doesn't hurt to do another I suppose. Best of luck folks.

Comment

• So the initial test is only the writing skills assessment? Or is it arithmetic, logical reasoning, AND writing skills?

Comment

• I threw my application in the morning after the announcement opened. Not sure if I'll get any traction because fo the late submission compared to others. We'll see.

Comment

• I applied for the Dec 2019 DH announcement and selected Boston AOR. I received a phone call last Friday from the field office asking basic questions about my knowledge of the agency and the hiring process. The call lasted about five minutes.

Comment

• DeltaTangoSix
              DeltaTangoSix commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow that was quick. Best of luck.

• fedco95
              fedco95 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got a call from a Boston number (which I never get). I selected Boston as well. They didn't leave a message, this was several days ago

• For anyone who has been in contact with recruiters, how did you get in touch with them? Are you a current fed with connections? Every time I call an office and follow the prompts, I always get a voicemail or email address that no one responds to.

Comment

• aspiring_1811
              aspiring_1811 commented
              Editing a comment
              battlewagon I got my preferred designation a couple weeks after the announcement. I got in contact with the office I wanted by calling the main line on HSI's website. From there I spoke with someone who directed me to an email address that I followed up with a few times until a recruiter called and took my resume. I think you just need to be persistent and cold call.

• HopefulFed27
              HopefulFed27 commented
              Editing a comment
              aspiring_1811 Wow, I can’t believe someone actually answered at the office you called. All of the offices I’ve tried contacting use an automated system.

• aspiring_1811
              aspiring_1811 commented
              Editing a comment
              HopefulFed27 I had to try a few times in order to get through. I figured I had nothing to lose if I kept calling until someone answered.

• quick_turn
              quick_turn commented
              Editing a comment
              I literally just called the office listed on the site and asked for the point of contact for recruitment or HR hiring for that office and then sent an email. My point of contact for the one office I got through to also suggested I do the same for other offices.

• Anyone in the know have any information on how the “Exclusive Announcement” is supposed to be different from the public announcement?

Comment

• If anyone has a number for a recruiter for Miami or Atlanta can you please PM me thanks.

Comment

• decleator
                decleator commented
                Editing a comment
                If anyone has contact for Miami message me please.

• So are we supposed to receive a call from the office asking knowledge of the agency ?

i applied when it opened up but I’m not really sure how the process works

am I supposed to get an email? A call? In order to take the writing assessment

Comment

• jdpopo
                jdpopo commented
                Editing a comment
                My guess to the lack of response to a lot of questions (mine included) is a hint to go back and read through the thread like everyone else has. I think you will receive and email for the writing assessment. Or, it sounds like, some people are getting phone calls from the office they've applied for.
                As far as the email, many people are saying the email will hit your spam folder. So be sure to check that over the coming weeks. Oh, and be sure to check it daily. I think you only have 48hrs to take the test after the email is sent out. Correct me if I'm wrong on anything those reading...
                Good luck

• For those of us not a preferred candidate, has anyone received an email from DALLAS/OPM about the writing sample or the next step?

Comment

• quick_turn
                quick_turn commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven’t heard anything from anyone. I did talk to a recruiter over the holidays and they said that most were on holiday and to just study the guide. Fingers crossed things start to move this week.

• FedRock
                FedRock commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing here but I assume it's because of the holidays like quick_turn stated. I believe for this announcement, the Writing Sample will precede the S/A Test Battery AKA you'll have to pass the writing to move on to the proctored test. I wonder if too many people failed the writing during the last DHA.

• SpringSeason11
                SpringSeason11 commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay thank you guys. I was wondering if I accidentally didn’t deleted or not.

• Just a heads up, someone on the other forum posted that writing sample emails will be going out next Thursday, January 16th.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefulFed27 View Post
              Just a heads up, someone on the other forum posted that writing sample emails will be going out next Thursday, January 16th.
              Please take your time on these, don’t copy/paste anything, even inside of the writing. If you don’t like something erase and retype it.

Comment

• HopefulFed27
                HopefulFed27 commented
                Editing a comment
                Great tip. If I remember correctly, copy/paste is disabled in the writing program. You have to type your response directly into the text box and the program will log if you try to copy/paste something. It should give you this warning before starting the assessment.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10736 users online. 387 members and 10349 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X