300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MotorT3531 View Post
    Apparently the new announcement will be released in early April. Take it with a grain of salt and don't hold your breath.

Semper Fi
    How do you know

Comment

So basically be on the lookout for an announcement but don't hold your breath over it, lol.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Is DH usually ON USAJOBS or just within the agency?

• MotorT3531
        MotorT3531 commented
        Editing a comment
        nonotnow it is only on usajobs.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Still new to all this applying.

• ifineed2
        ifineed2 commented
        Editing a comment
        No man, it's coming. It's an assurance it is coming. As soon as i know when i'll let you guys know. But if you want to get picked up for the DH, you gotta get out and be proactive. Go introduce yourselves.

HSI is opening a 1811 lateral for anyone who is cyber trained. If you know anyone.

Comment

.edited in post

Comment

Have CITP. And prior CBP.. I can’t seem to find a recruiter email! Do we have to email them, in order to get a shot? Or can I just apply quickly whenever this announcement comes out

Comment

• izamsilas
            izamsilas commented
            Editing a comment
            I keep seeing people asking about recruiter contacts....work the phones folks. Call the SAC office and ask to speak with the recruiter. Show initiative.

• Nieto2588
            Nieto2588 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think making friends with recruiters or other affiliates is necessary. Do your due diligence to prepare by reviewing the study guides, hitting the gym, and planning each step accordingly.

• izamsilas
            izamsilas commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll just throw this one out there. Back when I was going through USCS hiring ages ago I reached out to a contact at a local RAC office. I ended up going in for a meet and greet, just a quick hello and shook hands with some agents, GS's and the RAC. Six months later when I got picked up I worked contacts enough to select the SAC office I wanted, and knew it was between the SAC office and that RAC I had visited. HQS did their thing and ended up sticking me in the RAC office, though the RAC usually got his pick of new agents, so he was ****ed when he found out he didn't that time.

My first day in the office, fresh from FLETC he shook my hand and realized we had met the previous year. It helped having already broken the ice (so to speak)....so just something to think about. Studying is good, and if you need to hit the gym to pass their PFT, then definitely, but this gig is about people, so never forget to work contacts.

My experience anyhow.

• Nieto2588
            Nieto2588 commented
            Editing a comment
            And my experience has been the opposite. I’ve never relied on anyone but myself to make things happen and it’s always worked out in my favor. Really, it comes down to what you feel comfortable with. I wouldn’t try to gain any unfair advantages as that’s an ethical issue, but it wouldn’t hurt to get an idea of the office you’re interested in. Just don’t overburden them. We’re all professionals and should know how to conduct ourselves. Do what’s best for you while ensuring your integrity is never compromised.

So this is a lateral announcement under schedule B? They expecting everyone to take a written? I haven't taken a written since USCS TEA days...and have no memory of it

Comment

• Nieto2588
            Nieto2588 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's probably one of the most difficult written tests for LE positions. You can probably find info on it online, but discussing it isn't an option. Also, I haven't heard that it'll be Schedule B. I believe it'll be posted on usajobs like all of their other most recent announcements.

• izamsilas
            izamsilas commented
            Editing a comment
            The TEA was probably the hardest test I’ve taken and my guess is the new ICE test is just some version of the same. So they give a study guide or tell you to get one of your own?

I just got the notice saying there’s a PFT requirement...considering we never did a PFT after getting hired maybe this will be a good thing.

• Nieto2588
            Nieto2588 commented
            Editing a comment
            Deleted- wrong comment bar.
            Last edited by Nieto2588; 03-21-2019, 09:17 PM. Reason: Wrong comment bar.

LOL "March 2019 Announcement"

Comment

I called the Seattle field office today and was told "I am instructed to tell you to go to usajobs.gov" then I told him I understand that there may be a schedule B hiring which meant I needed to contact a recruiter.

He then told me I could send my resume and cover letter via snail mail to their local office, ATTN: Recruiter.

Comment

Applied for the cyber gig. Guess we’ll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Crake View Post
                I called the Seattle field office today and was told "I am instructed to tell you to go to usajobs.gov" then I told him I understand that there may be a schedule B hiring which meant I needed to contact a recruiter.

He then told me I could send my resume and cover letter via snail mail to their local office, ATTN: Recruiter.
                HSI does not currently participate in Schedule B hiring.
                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

If you're interested in DH, reach out to your local office and make a good impression. Cold call them if you don't already know someone.

Comment

the new HSI announcement will be a Recent Graduates announcement!

Comment

• agent05
                      agent05 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Source? When will this announcement come out?

• MotorT3531
                      MotorT3531 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      agent05 it was a forum member on the other forum who said it was an internal SAC email. I am going to find out some more intel myself later today.

Originally posted by MotorT3531 View Post
                    the new HSI announcement will be a Recent Graduates announcement!
                    Have you found out for sure if it's Recent Grads only yet?

Comment

Originally posted by r3gul8r View Post

Have you found out for sure if it's Recent Grads only yet?
                      This is not the case from what I've heard. I'd say my source is reliable.
                      Last edited by Boot1811; 03-27-2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

The opening is scheduled for April 1 - April 3. No mention for recent grads. It’ll open on USAJobs just like last year.

Comment

• ChiGuy1980
                          ChiGuy1980 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Will there be a cap on the number of applicants like last year as well?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5162 users online. 253 members and 4909 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X