X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• submitted at about 2:30 CST
    OUT!!

Comment

• Got mine in 1537 EST. Best of luck to all!

Comment

• This is extremely frustrating and disappointing, I was quick to submit my application to the original posting earlier this week. That was since cancelled due to a glitch and a misleading email was sent including incorrect dates (12/12 vs 12/14) AND NOW I submitted my App extremely late @ 3:36pm.....sad

Comment

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you will be ok. You still got it in early.

• Submit mine at 1237 pm PST. Gosh, it’s so stressful. Hope its not too late.

Comment

• Got my confirmation email at 1511 hours (Eastern)

Comment

• So who all put in for an SCL?

Comment

• ATanaka
              ATanaka commented
              Editing a comment
              I initially put in for Saipan because it looked interesting and it was close to other asian countries, but i changed my mind!

• NCG128
              NCG128 commented
              Editing a comment
              Me I put in for presidio TX but I’d like to be in philly! I just want to get in so I’d go anywhere

• How long do direct hire for HSI/or any other 1811 jobs take? Is there a timeframe?

Comment

• Angelcaro
              Angelcaro commented
              Editing a comment
              About a year

• Did anyone with a current TO from the last DH reapply? I am in the medical process now but figured I might try for a better location. Everything would transfer so I don’t think I have anything to lose.

Comment

• This might be out o the blue but I just saw a new announcement for an HSI Criminal Investigator today. I was going through the questions and it asked if I ever took a federal polygraph. I took one for border patrol on 2016 and did not pass. Do you think this would hurt my chances? Also, I do recall that poly results are valid for 2 years so I know they are no longer valid but is it possible the records of my polygraph are still available after three years or if they have been discarded?

Comment

• Theout
                Theout commented
                Editing a comment
                One last thing - you will be fine
                Don’t stress it - many failed before and many passed one later.
                Good luck

• A300!
                A300! commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the vote of confidence. So does this mean that when they see that I took the poly for Border Patrol, they will be able to see why I failed?

• Theout
                Theout commented
                Editing a comment
                polygraph is not a reliable tool - it’s more of a elimination tool for huge pool of candidates.
                So don’t worry about it - they should be able to see that you took one and the fail part. Its not a magic tool it records physical changes in persons body.
                Many failed / but later passed. It would hurt an applicant more if he/she hides the fact that he took one than disclosing that he failed one.

They will just make you take another one most likely

• A300!
                A300! commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey thanks. One thing I did notice is that the announcement said I may be required to take the poly, which means there is a chance I might not have to take one. How do they determine who has to take a poly and who doesn't?

• I applied earlier at 3:12pm right before work & I accidentally selected the wrong answer to one of the questions on the assessment. I was told from usajobs applicant contact it can’t be changed so I emailed the contact on the application and I’m awaiting a response. Extremely careless on my behalf because I was rushing to leave for work. do you think this will hurt my chances ? I also applied under my other usajobs account w/ the correct answers to the assessment.

Comment

• Angelcaro
                Angelcaro commented
                Editing a comment
                It might hurt your chances...

• Pbjecho1
                Pbjecho1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Depends what question it was. I was in a rush too an only put the agency where it said list agency and approx date for last poly. However I don't see much concern because the next question was prior to 365 days so at least gives them the assumption it was over 365 days. On the same token, I couldn't update it. What question was it?

• Mike_lowrey
                Mike_lowrey commented
                Editing a comment
                If I’m married to someone illegally in the US. I’m young & never been married. I’ll wait and see what happens, I applied on another usajobs account and notified hiring of my mistake. I was in a hurry but this all would’ve never happened if that first announcement wasn’t canceled.

• Pbjecho1
                Pbjecho1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Mike_lowrey that can defs be an issue being that the assessments are computer screened. Especially that being a suitability question

• Originally posted by Mike_lowrey View Post
              I applied earlier at 3:12pm right before work & I accidentally selected the wrong answer to one of the questions on the assessment. I was told from usajobs applicant contact it can’t be changed so I emailed the contact on the application and I’m awaiting a response. Extremely careless on my behalf because I was rushing to leave for work. do you think this will hurt my chances ? I also applied under my other usajobs account w/ the correct answers to the assessment.
              Q) I answered a question incorrectly by accident and screened myself out of the hiring process. Is there anything that can be done?
              B) No, answers cannot be altered after the close of the announcement. You will need to reapply to a future announcement.

So as long as you get in before close of announcement it should be fine. Why did usajobs applicant contact tell you that you can't change it? When you go to USAJOBS dashboard -> Applications -> click on this application -> does it not have update application or additional info buttons? I've used that for other applications to update after submitting.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
                Mike_lowrey commented
                Editing a comment
                It can't be changed sadly. I applied on the 11th when the first one was cancelled and all info was correct. Yesterday I had work & was in a hurry once the announcement opened I had to head to work so i mistakenly selected the wrong answer. 20 mins later 3:30 I submitted the app on another account hopefully it works out. I hope that one question can't DQ me. I emailed ICE workforce management & let them know.

• I submitted mines at 16:12
              Eastern time

does anyone know how the process works ?

Comment

• Pbjecho1
                Pbjecho1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Says you'll be contacted within 4 weeks if you meet qualifications for online assessment. And if you don't at least they offered an email to reach out to them if they don't.

• Is this announcement considered a “direct hire”

Comment

• Got a call already from this announcement. Keep your phones close!

Comment

• FEDDI
                  FEDDI commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Radio Raheem - thanks bro!

boconnor - yesterday afternoon at approximately 1530 est.

• boconnor
                  boconnor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I applied maybe 4 hours after you. Fingers crossed. Do you currently work for anyone?

• FEDDI
                  FEDDI commented
                  Editing a comment
                  boconnor , yes current Fed, Good luck!
                  Last edited by FEDDI; 12-13-2019, 02:21 PM.

• Kmiech
                  Kmiech commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What does that mean you got a call? What did they say

• Originally posted by FEDDI View Post
                Got a call already from this announcement. Keep your phones close!
                Good sign if a recruiter called you that quick. At least I’m guessing it was a recruiter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13288 users online. 396 members and 12892 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X